It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Juan Mayor continues to block relief efforts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

This woman is in the opposition party than the Governor of the island, she is looking to run against him in the next elections, she is using politics to get herself in the spot light, as the equivalent of Democrats she is using the parroting the anti trump agenda in Puerto Rico.

Sadly she is exposing her true roots and the only people that support her crap is those poor people in San Juan that are the target of the media circus due to the extraneous circumstances they live in, but that is how they have lived all their lives anyway as part of the poorest sector in the Island capital.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

You and I and everyone knows there will be MASS EXODUS to the US if they become a United State.

Right, we don't want any more brown people in the US do we....? [sarc/]

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
It's called economic refugees...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

originally posted by: Plotus
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

You and I and everyone knows there will be MASS EXODUS to the US if they become a United State.

They can already come to the US.

I think the key word was mass
edit on 26-10-2017 by PolyCottonBlend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I was ridiculing your apparent unwillingness to place culpability where it needs to rest the most. Our federal government is not responsible for every aspect of rebuilding Puerto Rico--it absolutely should provide aid, but it doesn't need to recreate the island from scratch. I'm not saying that's what you are expecting, but to say lazy things like 'it's the lack of federal government help, not in-fighting of the local politicians' really makes it seem like you expect the federal government to handle everything.

The fact is, there ARE political and local issues on PR that are inhibiting the delivery and timely aid that has been supplied by the federal government in abundance, as well as through private means. Much of this aid is stalled because of issues on the island, not issues from the federal government.

Like I said, you can pretend that the federal government isn't doing its due diligence in helping PR (Haiti and foreign wars are red herring arguments), but the reality of what is happening is contradictory to your claim that there is a "lack of help" from the federal government.

But, here you are, saying that my ridicule reminds you that our government "lets thousands die so close to home" though their "lack of help." This is seriously a caricature of an intelligent claim.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was ridiculing your apparent unwillingness to place culpability where it needs to rest the most.

Because it rests with the uS gubment who claims Puerto Rico as an ummm... region of the uS. Its a colony not a state, to be exploited like so many others that have to pay tax and yet don't get the benefits of 'statehood'. In the 'States" emergency disasters are declared and the fed comes running.

The height of this insult was Trump tossing paper towels to them at a press conference. Imagine him doing that in Texas after Harvey? Why should the two be treated nany different?

You know the answer to that as well as I.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Just to clarify, it's a "colony" that voted against statehood in 4 separate elections prior to June of this year. This year was the first time that a majority voted for statehood, and it was an overwhelming majority of 97% of the 500k people who voted.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So your personal feelings about his actions are what are guiding your conclusion and you're disregarding what many of the people there in PR are saying about his visit.

This is the crux of my issue with your original and subsequent comments. But, with some people, Trump is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, so I guess it's a lesson in futility for me to keep discussing this.

I'll never say that Trump makes the best off-the-cuff decisions, especially as president, but to pretend that tossing paper towels to people gathered in a supply warehouse to see him is "the height of this insult" is absurd.

Bottom line, the "feds [came] running" to PR, too, to the point that ships were backed up in the port full of supplies that couldn't be delivered because of infrastructure and other issues. That is not Trump's or the government's fault, unless you somehow think, like I've already mentioned, that every bit of recovery is the obligation of the federal government.

It's not...not in PR, and not in contiguous states.

But, again...lesson in futility.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So your personal feelings about his actions are what are guiding your conclusion and you're disregarding what many of the people there in PR are saying about his visit.

I saw the visit. I know how the banks exploited the country, state, region, colony, thats it, colony.
Thats why theres little aid forthcoming... Us banks put them in hock deeper than the flood.

Now theres no impetus to bail them out. The same banks that got bailed out for overextending themselves in the US.

Too double standard hypocritical for me to expand any further on this.

'nuff said

edit on 26-10-2017 by intrptr because: addition;

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BomSquad

Just to clarify, it's a "colony" that voted against statehood in 4 separate elections prior to June of this year. This year was the first time that a majority voted for statehood, and it was an overwhelming majority of 97% of the 500k people who voted.

So what? They gonna remake the flag? You know what a clamour will arise amongst the other bunch of exploited ersatz colonies that are also deeply indentured as debt slaves to their great benefactor?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

UBS and Santander are US banks?

Who knew?!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

All roads lead to Rome. Especially if tis a colony of Rome.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join