It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test Mountain Collapse May Force North Korea To Carry Out Atmospheric Nuclear Test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: intrptr

As a reminder to you the Korean war never ended in anything but a temporary cease fire. There is nothing to declare war on since we are currently still at war with NK.

The US has dispatched a 3rd aircraft carrier battle group to the Korean peninsula.

Atmospheric testing, should N. Korea conduct one, will be the last one they ever do.

Do you in all honesty believe China will not retaliate if we bombed nth Korea?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Considering China has stated numerous times, going back to 2014, that they will not defend N. Korea if N. Korea starts a war. That includes all the missile and nuclear testing which aggravates the issue.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

They did write the art of war, I'm not sure I believe them and take their word as fact.

There is a clear and concise reason China likes having the buffer nth Korea provides.

That's my 2cents .
edit on 26-10-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I get the buffer position however China has advanced its position in world affairs and economy. The current generation of Chinese citizens view N. Korea as a hindrance and are afraid N. Korea would destroy all they have gained. The Chinese people dont want to be attached at the hip to N. Korea. A country they feel is essentially leaching off China with no return.

The only exception is the buffer argument.

Let me ask.

* - If you were the Chinese government would you risk destroying your economy while at the same time creating a massive backlash from the people?

When wikileaks released all the diplomatic cables it included a conversation with a Chinese diplomat. That diplomat stated China is open to a unified Korea under Seoul with the caveat of US forces remaining south of the 38th parallel.

N. Koreas actions are now having a direct impact on China as the US placed sanctions on several Chinese companies for their support of N. Korea and its missile / nuke program.

China is not going to go to war with the US, Korea, Japan and the other countries still taking part in the UN resolutions on the Korean war just to protect a country that doesnt help china in any manner.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, but when we did it. It was in one county, in one state.

Maybe he doesn't have the equivalent of our Mojave Desert to perform nuke tests. But he could dig a hole and cover it with dirt.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

I am not sure China would be thrilled if he did that.

To close to South Korea.... annoy the west. Too close to China, annoy a much closer monster.

Good point... NK is pretty much sandwiched in. But if he "tests" one over the ocean, how do the military and scientists measure the bomb's performance? I'm sure little rocket-man will get a thrill out of the big fireball, but how would measurements be taken?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I would only risk the economy if there were a viable solution to move forward. Fair to say we have no idea if China is developing a strategy to move forward without the need for the U. S.

The Americans have dominated the world for some time now, I'm sure other leaders have similar aspirations. The United States of Africa comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Absolutely not. I don't think we should take any action, unless NK takes an action that can be construed as an act of war. Missile over Japan? Japan should deal with it.. and so on. I'm only saying there will be a point where NK if they stay on their current course, that will endanger lives, or kill innocents. I'd prefer if the U.S. were to defuse the situation. But in a Trump led administration, this is sadly not a reality. He will probably continue to provoke them, until they do something stupid.

I get the whole "construed" part. Thats the problem. Seeing evil before it exists, That excuse is always used to precede invasion that are what kills millions, in the name of humanity, for the children, etc.

Always WMD and Regime change because of evil dictators. Not fooling me with all that 'talk talk talk'. NK is defending itself from bullying US . Has been attacked, invaded, occupied, embargoed, sanctioned and threatened as we speak with military exercise after exercise ongoing for decades on its borders.

I know what time it is...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: intrptr

As a reminder to you the Korean war never ended in anything but a temporary cease fire. There is nothing to declare war on since we are currently still at war with NK.

The US has dispatched a 3rd aircraft carrier battle group to the Korean peninsula.

Atmospheric testing, should N. Korea conduct one, will be the last one they ever do.

Do you in all honesty believe China will not retaliate if we bombed nth Korea?

They will wait like last time. Bombing is a prelude to invasion, invasion must go all the way north into the Korean Mountains, in the dead of Winter, the chinese will wait, draw the US in , just like last time. The Russians are massing on NK border this time, too.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I get the whole "construed" part. Thats the problem. Seeing evil before it exists, That excuse is always used to precede invasion that are what kills millions, in the name of humanity, for the children, etc.

Always WMD and Regime change because of evil dictators. Not fooling me with all that 'talk talk talk'. NK is defending itself from bullying US . Has been attacked, invaded, occupied, embargoed, sanctioned and threatened as we speak with military exercise after exercise ongoing for decades on its borders.

Bullied and occupied? Invaded? What are you talking about exactly? In your hurry to demonize the U.S. in apparently everything, keep in mind it was Japan that first annexed Korea. It was Russia who set up a communist regime, who then ceded it to China. It was NORTH KOREA that invaded South Korea. When the Korean war started, North Korea controlled everything to the 38th parallel. To what point do they control now? The 38th parallel.

It was North Korea that backed out of the nuclear agreement, after the U.S. fulfilled their end of the bargain. They have since repeatedly ignored agreements. They have repeatedly threatened to invade south Korea. They killed 46 south Koreans in an attack on a ship. The U.S. and South Korea has never had an issue with North Korea having weapons, subs, planes, artillery or missiles. They ONLY have issue with them having nuclear weapons, and a means to deliver them.

Until Trump and his loud mouth, the U.S. has been VERY passive with North Korea, so I have no idea where you are getting your claims about "bullying," occupying, and invading. Care to back it up with facts?

North Korea threatens other countries with fiery death on a regular basis. And they did so well before Trump took office. They were threatening to invade when I served in South Korea in the mid 80s, it's nothing new. And Kim is akin to a bratty kid with a pellet rifle, running around town shooting dogs and people with it. And now you want to hand that bratty kid a shotgun, and tell him "It's ok.. just play nice now!" as you send him into town with his new weapon.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Well I am not sure they care about the performance. It is a vanity project for a small fat spoiled prince

Could he however test it somewhere else? As a resident of the Pacific .... go the hell away Little Kim

top topics

<< 1   >>

join