It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test Mountain Collapse May Force North Korea To Carry Out Atmospheric Nuclear Test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I read this today on the UK's Daily Express and yes, I know that it publishes many sensationalized stories, but this article does make sense. There is a growing fear that North Korea will have to stop testing their nuclear devices underground, because of a potential collapse of its nuclear test site, Mount Mantap.

A senior diplomat from Pyongyang today said warnings of a possible atmospheric nuclear test over the Pacific Ocean should be taken “literally”.

Last month North Korea’s foreign minister Ri Yong Ho said Pyongyang was considering “the most powerful detonation” of a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific Ocean.

www.express.co.uk...

There has been many published articles concerning the potential collapse of Mount Mantap, which is a North Korean nuclear test site. From an article dated October 17, 2017:

The granite mountain is reportedly crumbling under its own weight, making it useless for further nuclear tests.

Executive Secretary of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban treaty Organisation Lassina Zerbo has said sensors had detected two small earthquakes under Mount Mantap on October 12. These were similar to two others detected since September 3, shortly after North Korea exploded its largest weapon yet.

These earthquakes are believed to be the mountain falling in on cavities left behind when nuclear devices were exploded, leaving enormous caverns of vaporised rock. This has previously raised fears radioactive dust and gas from the Punggye-ri test site could be released into the atmosphere.

North Korean Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho warned the United Nations last month that Kim Jong-un was deliberating detonating “an unprecedented scale hydrogen bomb” over the Pacific. This was in response to comments from President Trump that he would “totally destroy” North Korea.

And Kim Jong-un, his nuclear test options now limited, may see the propaganda value of pictures of a mushroom cloud to outweigh the risk of contamination, and international condemnation.

www.news.com.au... a06f9eedd9add7d9639f5701

The last time there was an atmospheric nuclear weapon test was when China detonated a device in 1980. With all the tension that has arisen around the world because of North Korea's missile and nuclear tests, would an atmospheric test be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

If the North Koreans make good on their threat to test a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific, they will be unleashing a blast from a not so distant past — and the fallout, both literal and political, poses real dangers for the world today.

Widespread casualties and lasting environmental damage are in the realm of possibility, experts say, if the ongoing war of words between President Donald Trump and North Korean strongman Kim Jong Un results in the first such explosion in 37 years.

"If the warhead doesn’t detonate precisely where you want it to, or if you have a lower altitude, you can have a lot of fallout. The worry is if the missile goes awry and the warhead hits land, any dirt that was thrown up with the fallout would be radioactive." The result? "You’d have radioactive poisoning symptoms, loss of vegetation and animal life, and of course long-term health risks for people," Narang said.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I was right. All the flap right here about more nuke testing was only earthquakes following previous testing.

Welp can't use that as a Korea bashing pretext anymore, begin the 'gonna burn the sky' in violation of test ban treaties, meme.

Warmonger sirens call is blaring...
edit on 25-10-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I think the millions of NK slaves will just make a new hole

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

So just out of curiosity, at what point is it ok to take action or even criticize NK with their nuclear ambitions? After 10s of thousands of people are dead? Why are you so for them having nukes? "Because we have them" is a ridiculous answer.

All countries should be outraged if they test one in-air. They can cause actual loss of life and screw with the environment. And their ability to safely conduct an air based test is probably really terrible.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Can't shake this thought that everytime I see another test done... I keep thinking of the 7 Seals.

1-4 - Horsemen
5 - Cries of the martyrs
6 - BIG Earthquake
7 - 7 Trumpets - Bowls of Rath - Bad JuJu

then Big Bada Boom

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I soooo wish it said "big bada boom" in the prophetic texts. that's relatable. lol

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So, is Mt. Mantap a victim of toxic masculinity?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

He ain't tapping Mt Mantap no more.
All tapped out of his mantap.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When the United States was conducting nuclear test it looks like some of them were exploded on land New Mexico or someplace.

Kim Jong should just explode his devices in a desolate part of North Korea.

By the way, I heard that there are something like five carrier groups now around North Korea?
edit on 10/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

So just out of curiosity, at what point is it ok to take action or even criticize NK with their nuclear ambitions? After 10s of thousands of people are dead? Why are you so for them having nukes?

"So just out of curiosity" , is it okay with you to "Take action" (declare war) on a nation because of something they haven't done?

Try not to be so obvious, waging aggressive war under false pretexts to end run International Law.

"I swear to God your Honor, he was going to hit me, so I hit him back, first."
edit on 25-10-2017 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Can't shake this thought that everytime I see another test done... I keep thinking of the 7 Seals.

1-4 - Horsemen
5 - Cries of the martyrs
6 - BIG Earthquake
7 - 7 Trumpets - Bowls of Rath - Bad JuJu

then Big Bada Boom

By earthquake they mena literally everyone in all countries will feel it at the same time.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As a reminder to you the Korean war never ended in anything but a temporary cease fire. There is nothing to declare war on since we are currently still at war with NK.

The US has dispatched a 3rd aircraft carrier battle group to the Korean peninsula.

Atmospheric testing, should N. Korea conduct one, will be the last one they ever do.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I find it quite interesting,there was a huge stop to this mental battle of kim and trump,from press coverage (at least from what i hear from my tv channel or post from ats). I find myself asking ,is there anything in the timeline of the massive media battle,that slipped through,just maybe all of this was for us to turn our head the wrong way. Just my 2 cent

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 25-10-2017 by Lurkingthough because: Double post

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurkingthough

Turn our heads the wrong way from what?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Its just an idea ,but it was like 2 little child fighting ,like a reality show but on a tremendous scale.I have difficulty seeing this taken to this level . I just dont have an answer for what is distraction.
edit on 25-10-2017 by Lurkingthough because:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah, but when we did it. It was in one county, in one state. This fat kid, clown, thinks he has a country with millions of troops, no industry, or a way to feed them, let alone, "deploy them". That's not an Army, that's a Home Guard. The "global order" can not let this fat kid have nukes! Pure and simple!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I am not sure China would be thrilled if he did that.

To close to South Korea.... annoy the west. Too close to China, annoy a much closer monster.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It is silly for any of us to believe that NK only has one single underground nuke testing site.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: fleabit

So just out of curiosity, at what point is it ok to take action or even criticize NK with their nuclear ambitions? After 10s of thousands of people are dead? Why are you so for them having nukes?

"So just out of curiosity" , is it okay with you to "Take action" (declare war) on a nation because of something they haven't done?

Try not to be so obvious, waging aggressive war under false pretexts to end run International Law.

"I swear to God your Honor, he was going to hit me, so I hit him back, first."

Absolutely not. I don't think we should take any action, unless NK takes an action that can be construed as an act of war. Missile over Japan? Japan should deal with it.. and so on. I'm only saying there will be a point where NK if they stay on their current course, that will endanger lives, or kill innocents. I'd prefer if the U.S. were to defuse the situation. But in a Trump led administration, this is sadly not a reality. He will probably continue to provoke them, until they do something stupid.

A hydrogen bomb over the pacific, if it actually causes loss of life, might just be that act we need to respond to. Depends how it rolls out. But the "they did this.. they have a history of that.. " crap means nothing. Reality is reality. NK should not have nukes. If they press too far, they make make it so that we have no choice but to respond. I personally hope Trump shuts the hell up and more strict sanctions have time to have an effect.

But there has to be an actual red line. Past history of any country or their nuclear capabilities shouldn't make that line waver. People here think far too often that two wrongs make a right. That's a stupid and losing strategy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join