It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in and the Trump Administration can't seem to win anything.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It took the very first comment to blame Hillary Clinton for Trump's muck ups. Seems to be the excuse for everything Trump fails in. What happened to personal responsibility? The most powerful man in office and we continue to blame the 2016 General election loser on Trump's failure as president.

How much worse can it get that that? Surely there's a better excuse. Surely.

I see it more like the glass half full as opposed to half empty. Having said that, I'd say as a Trump supporter that you are right. The Trump agenda is a failure.

Then again, I felt from the day of his election, his chances of success were slim to none. I also believe those of us that had an idea of the barriers he faced underestimated just how many hurdles there actual was....and are.

Apparently draining the swamp will not be successful unless one addresses the feeders of the swamp. The political machine, itself. The educational machine, such as the legal system which professes support of our Constitution and laws by arbitrarily re-interpreting them or ignoring them outright.

Most Trump supporter that I know....and there are many out here, are older, much better educated and experienced than the measuring bar you cite. It well describes the millennials, not the Trump supporters, however.

My current estimation is a three way gridlock. The Republicans, no friend of Trump, has locked down the legislative branch. The Democrats, no friend of Trump, has locked down the Judicial branch into near ineffectiveness, as well.

Trump controls the Executive branch via the grass-root support that elected him.

I can only conclude that the two parties are much closer to each other, in reality, and any political differences are a smoke screen to con the average citizen. Argue it all you want. That perception will not go away. In fact, it grows stronger on a daily basis as the evidence continues to mount.

Therefore, I almost hope the tax cuts fail to pass. That Trump's attempt also fails....fully. That all hope of addressing the swamp, the deep state and TPTB is a blatant failure. Then , perhaps, Trump will announce the formation of a third political party while the sitting President. At least then, we will have one that actually represents a segment of the U.S. population.

One thing I will state to you with 100% confidence. It will NEVER go back to the pre-Trump days. Too much has been exposed. Too many see the fraud that's been perpetrated on the U.S. citizens.

It is going down. one way or another. Deal with that fact, Southern Guardian. It has merely just begun.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm i still can't wrap my head around people electing a person who claims to be able to just grab a kitty becouse they are "rich". Still floors me. And all the while claim the Weinstian* on the left becouse he donated money towards the party. All whilst forgetting that him and the Don where very good friends. Did most forget the Don was a left right before he ran?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Trump did more for veterans and the horrid VA system in 10 months than Obama did in 8 years. Veterans waiting for treatment were dying on wait lists and Obama did nothing. It was his watch, and he failed.

At least there is progress on this front.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It took the very first comment to blame Hillary Clinton for Trump's muck ups. Seems to be the excuse for everything Trump fails in. What happened to personal responsibility? The most powerful man in office and we continue to blame the 2016 General election loser on Trump's failure as president.

How much worse can it get that that? Surely there's a better excuse. Surely.

The member blamed the establishment, as I read the post. That blame falling heavily on the Republicans that hold the majority... the ones that passed healthcare bills when Obama was in office.... but the bills were not veto proof..... playing to their voters.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker I don't mean any disrespect but with your assumtion how many mills* do you have contact with vs. The nons. And if you do how many have gone to university? Stats speakingly those that are of a higher education are more left than right. Why is do you think?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I can't wrap my head around his competition claiming rape allegations against her husband were a "vast right wing conspiracy" while saying all women should be believed. The Obama's were friends of Weinstein, their daughter interned with him and Michelle boasted about what a "wonderful human being he was". The entire left field took money from the guy just as they took money from Trump up until he ran as a Republican.

Just shows that there is no left/right or democrat/republican there is only establishment and outsider and you can be kicked out of the "club" at any time if you go against them or if they need a diversion.

Trump and Hillary in 2016 also highlights the state of American decay.

"A nation has the government it deserves" ~Maistre

edit on 25-10-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: nwtrucker I don't mean any disrespect but with your assumtion how many mills* do you have contact with vs. The nons. And if you do how many have gone to university? Stats speakingly those that are of a higher education are more left than right. Why is do you think?

I would point out that University isn't the only form of education. While valid and even desirable, that education isn't any assurance of competent efforts.

One only has to look at the machine that is D.C. and the results that haven't been achieved to conclude that higher education isn't a panacea for all issues.

In fact, the higher educated seem to have a tendency to isolate/segregate themselves from the mainstream. On occasion, that may work, yet obviously a disassociation can and does result.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus I love it. You are right and I can't argue that. They are both corrupt imo. To drain the swamp is to rid all of them. I know the big O little girl went there but I don't he would ever touch a pres* girl. That is a hard game to play. Sad game to plqy but that is what they play.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
You must understand, they're not going to change their minds. The constant attacks by the media on Trump have pretty much sealed the deal in these people's minds, they are pro-Trump til they die.

Those in power set this past election up in such a way that these diehard types of Trump supporters will never see that he is a failure, the media has painted him as the outsider who is a victim of constant lies so that his supporters will never recognize his failures and flat out flaws as a human being, he's always the "victim". They've set up a persecution complex around Trump and his supporters so that they will continue to blame everyone but Trump for this Administrations failures.

They set it up in a way that if Trump succeeds It's all his glory and his glory alone, if he fails then it is not his fault but the fault of those who are against him. It's a win win situation for Trump, absolutely no personal responsibility whatsoever, his supporters will shift blame for him.

Just read some of the replies so far, they say "this is what you get when you elect an outsider" which is basically a confession of Trump's failures yet at the same time they are not confessing Trump is a failure because "the establishment".

It's cognitive dissonance and everything is going exactly how those in power want it to go. They got their guy in there.
edit on 10/25/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
List of Trump failures:

No deportation force.
Gays aren't in camps yet.
Muslims haven't been banned, nor was there an actual attempt to ban them.
Life expectancy hasn't been shortened by 40 years.
Women have lost zero rights.
No one has been nuked because they made fun of him on Twitter.
None of our allies cut ties with us and are aligning with Russia instead.

These are all predictions I heard would come to pass if Trump won. I'm waiting.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What's so insane is the wingers dancing around a metaphorical bonfire about McCain, Corker and Flake - when Trump himself is the biggest obstruction to his own agenda.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Your post is reasonably accurate...right until the last comment.

To suggest 'they got their guy in there' is beyond any logic basis whatsoever.

I challenge you to explain how the incredible fortune spent by TPTB for all the other potential candidates was planned to fail?

That it was planned for the Legislative Branch, the MSM and the machine in general was planned to be held in the lowest esteem in the history of this nation? Even though that same PTB already fully controlled U.S. politics?

Yet Hillary, Bernie, Bush and Co. were NOT their people?

Yes, I can see scenarios where TPTB can take advantage of Trump and his agenda....but only after the fact of his election.

What your premise suggests to me is your own 'cognitive dissonance'/blind spot. It's just too easy to dump everything on their lap. Everything is controlled. Garbage.

There is flat out too much to be 'controlled'. Impossible. By anyone or any group. At best make adjustments to these random events that weren't 'planned'

Planned? Intellectual laziness, sir.
No more, no less.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This op and comments reads like the mutual depreciation league & obstructionist society. Hope you get the decline and decay you so richly deserve. Flame away

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This is what happens when ‘We the People’ go against the candidate the media and Establishment tell us to elect.

No, this is what happens when "WE the People" elect a guy who has no idea how to lead, how to establish and advocate detailed policies, or how to refrain from CONSTANTLY distracting the news cycle to the point where Congress has to spend all of its time side-stepping Trump's nonsense instead of getting things done.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Refer to previous op www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

They're all in the pockets of TPTB, Trump is just the one they set it all around. He's the central figure in their plan and it is working flawlessly up to this point. Trump is just another pawn along with Hillary, Bush, Obama, the media, etc.

They know the internet has woken people up to the establishment media, that's why they set Trump up as an outsider from the beginning. They have started a fake revolution with Trump, people think he is different but he's not, he's neck deep in the establishment and is using the media to paint himself as an outsider.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
What's so insane is the wingers dancing around a metaphorical bonfire about McCain, Corker and Flake - when Trump himself is the biggest obstruction to his own agenda.

You are absolutely correct.

Trump can't get anything done mostly because of Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: nwtrucker

They're all in the pockets of TPTB, Trump is just the one they set it all around. He's the central figure in their plan and it is working flawlessly up to this point. Trump is just another pawn along with Hillary, Bush, Obama, the media, etc.

They know the internet has woken people up to the establishment media, that's why they set Trump up as an outsider from the beginning. They have started a fake revolution with Trump, people think he is different but he's not, he's neck deep in the establishment and is using the media to paint himself as an outsider.

You are smart enough to create any scenario, any explanation...justification you wish as a balm for your 'certainty'.

You assume merely because Trump was born, raised and intimate with at least the next level down from TPTB that he is, in fact, part of it. You completely ignore any possibility that he may be completely disgusted with it due to that intimate knowledge.

I acknowledge there is that possibility. I believe most prudent supporters are aware of that possibility, as well. Where you miss the mark, I hope, is that it's possible he is not. Your inability to acknowledge that is where you lose credibility.

It IS where we hang our hats, so to speak. My continued support for Trump-Occam's Razor- is he, by and large, has not wavered one whit from his campaign promises. Via E.O.s , memos and Executive Branch edicts follow completely his stated objectives.

I say again, intellectual laziness....perhaps vested interest. I know not which.

He continues to receive my support, until he proves out otherwise. The alternative is almost too terrible to entertain.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

One theory says more women are being admitted in to collages and they have a tendency to be more on the left. Judging from the pull women are getting in academia this may be true.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: kosmicjack

You are absolutely correct.

Trump can't get anything done mostly because of Trump.

Agreed he is his own worst enemy. I think the skills that made him a good businessman makes him a lousy politician.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join