It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in and the Trump Administration can't seem to win anything.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ok, yeah that's a common one people bring up is CO2. The problem is, there's no consensus on how much of the warming is a result of human CO2 production. Sure, we can make changes. Again, the issue is whether the changes are worth making. If we reduce our automobile CO2 pollution by 50%, and the climate warms by say 3.02 degrees over the next century instead of 3.05 degrees if we didn't make the cut, what's the point? Now if we could show that making that change would cause the warming to slow by say, 10%, maybe then in combination with a number of other changes we could make a worthwhile dent in the rate of warming. The science just isn't at that point yet. Further study is needed. It's not settled science.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Southern Guardian

All of those people bought and paid for by lobbyists. Huge $$$ rolling around the corridors of power.

Did you here the one about how TWO GUYS got a 300 Million Dollar contract to rebuild Puerto Rico's power grid?

Trump Cabinet Secretary's hometown, 2-person company wins $300m power-rebuilding contract in Puerto Rico

debt-crushed Puerto Rico is paying $300 million to Whitefish Energy, a two-person company from Trump Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's hometown of Whitefish, Montana.

Zinke says the fact that he is pals with the owners of Whitefish Energy has nothing to do with the company winning the contract, and the fact that they used to employ Zinke's son has nothing to do with it either.

For EFFS SAKE...How Putin-esque!!

Trump is building his cabinet like Putin..Friends...Billionaires..Flying everywhere on the taxpayers dime and funneling money to their own pockets at every turn, safe and warm in the GOP+Trump unified embrace that they will never be held accountable.

The Trump Administration Smells like Russian Swamp water.

That smells fishy, until you do 30 seconds of research and find out the federal government had no say in who got that contract. It was awarded by PREPA, a Puerto Rican company connected to PR's government

Why again did PREPA sign a 300 Million Dollar contract with these two guys when there were multiple assistance options available both through federal aid and private? Cuz they haven't given a good answer yet.

You'd have to ask them. Doesn't change the fact they have absolutely nothing to do with the Trump admin.

Apart from signing a deal for 300 Million with a company that consisted of two guys operating out of a cabin in Whitefish Montana that happen to be buddies with Trumps secretary of the Interior and bankrolled by a Huuuge Trump donor.

There are conflicting explanations of how this deal came to be. Lots of unanswered questions

digg.com...

Narrative busted. Now you know this is bogus, so don't go knowingly spreading lies around the forum ok?

It is not narrative it is facts.

Google the word "fact".

edit on 26-10-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Well...Just today the GOP passed a budget resolution adding 1.5 TRILLION to the deficit! And clearing the way for a tax reform package that will cut taxes for the wealthiest 5% while allowing the Gov. to tax 401k retirement savings.

Winning!!! Right? tax middle class retirement savings and ADD 1.5 Trillion to the deficit? Right?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Democrats....crying
Republicans....pissed
Establishment....reeling
Washington DC.....dumbfounded

My vote had the desired effect.

Mission accomplished.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ADSE255

Uh huh.

Everyone's fault except the guy in charge. LOL Pathetic excuse makers.

Obama left him far better off than he's going to leave the next President for sure.

Was the stock market higher when Obama left..... no
Was unemployment lower when Obama left office..... no
Were the Jobs Created numbers higher when Obama left office..... no
Was the number of people on assistance lower when Obama left office.... no
I dunno what you use for criteria..... but I know what your not using

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Remember the guy that ran his campaign on "Hope and Change"? Well, it's FINALLY HAPPENING!!

Go USA!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Was the stock market higher when Obama left..... no Was unemployment lower when Obama left office..... no Were the Jobs Created numbers higher when Obama left office..... no Was the number of people on assistance lower when Obama left office.... no I dunno what you use for criteria..... but I know what your not using

Has Trump put through any legislation or budget that has caused any of the above? no - we are still working with Obama era economics and policies.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It took the very first comment to blame Hillary Clinton for Trump's muck ups. Seems to be the excuse for everything Trump fails in. What happened to personal responsibility? The most powerful man in office and we continue to blame the 2016 General election loser on Trump's failure as president.

How much worse can it get that that? Surely there's a better excuse. Surely.

Complete inability to take responsibility for his endless failures shows what a weak and useless leader he is.

He's potus. Buck stops with him.

Upset because people aren't voting with you? Then you're an awful negotiator. Simple.

Passing blame to everyone but himself is an awfully weak character trait.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
They have passedd bills you idiot, and trump is rolling back obungle executive orders, the economy is growing, unemployment is low, less people on food stamps, MAGA MOTHER#ER

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Granted ... this new "Trump" administration has not won so much, but more importantly, they have not lost any more of our constitutional rights (yet) than were already lost.

Go go go Trump Administration - please continue to lose zero more of our already *mostly* lost rights!!!

*sarc*

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Markets up 25% since he took office/broke a multitude of records

Lowest unemployment rate in 16 years

Best labor force participation rate in 7 years

Lowest number of people on food stamps in 7 years

Numerous EO’s removing unnecessary regulations & gov red tape

SCOTUS appointment

Trying to pass one of the largest tax reforms in history

The border wall proto-types have been constructed & are in the process of being tested

Not to mention the daily triggering of snowflakes like op, that are re so unhinged they’re setting up a meeting where they’re all going to ball up their triggered fists & scream at the sky as detailed in another thread here

...to name a a few, in 10 months

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I think Trumps mind is starting to really slip. At this point, to the people around him it's just about corral and contain. While more people work on damage control.

I think most of D.C. knows it, half still support him because they believe they can manipulate him in some way, the other half is unnerved it's been allowed to go on this long. It won't last forever.

thats the narrative the media would like u to believe since the last fictional tale failed. im surprised so many people keep being fooled over and over again. how many times can they be wrong and yet people will still go along with them not realizing the real issue is actually staring back at them in the mirror. they are lining up all their ducks to attempt a run at the 25th amendment, dont fall for that bs.
edit on 26-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

You are so misguided I'm not even sure it's worth commenting.

Do you have any idea what's really going on? Do you understand the deep state and how there's a war going on in Washington between this crooked deep state and the rest of the government?

Do you know what the New World Order is?

Were you just born yesterday?

link   

Triple post?
edit on 26-10-2017 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

link   

Double post
edit on 26-10-2017 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I don't care about any of that except ACA repeal and guns. The guns are safe, and McCain has screwed up repeal twice. McCain did, not Trump.

NAFTA has been getting renegotiated, the TPP is dead, and there has been some gains on abortion by scaling a month off the timeline limit. Trump and his supporters will continue winning into 2024 and there is nothing you can cry to stop it. Enjoy.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Repeal of O-care - requires laws to be passed by Congress, not Trump's responsibility

It's legislation Trump has pushed for. The repeal of Obamacare was a core campaign promise. We're all well aware there's a process he needs to go through congress with. His job as president is to lead and gather support for his legislative agendas, his campaign promises.

Reagan promised major tax cuts in his campaign for the rich and achieved this through congress.

Trump failed to push through this promise of his. His deal making abilities utterly failed, 4 times.

Part of being president is working with congress to get things done. You really need to understand this instead of passing blame.

I'll just point out that it was into Obama's 2nd year before the Dem controlled Congress got the ACA done,

Yes he did. He achieved it. Signs point to Trump having no hope. 4 times.

Travel ban - that's an ongoing issue,

It's more like a constant fail. It's a fact his travel ban has failed 3 times now. Whether you believe he'll get it passed in future eventually is another thread for you to make when that actually happens!

NFL - that's another one that's still ongoing,

In your eyes it is. They had the meeting, confirmed policy unchanged. They're still kneeling.

I find it funny that you're basing your arguments on your own personal predictions, not on actual results. This isn't disproving what was posted in the OP.

They're still kneeling. Not sure why people like yourself and Trump are so fixated on forcing them to stand. They have no contractual obligations and you're only fanning the fire.

Would do Trump great to offer a meeting with these players to discuss, even debate their concerns in person. He may score good press from this, but I don't think Trump is smart enough to think of this.

Tax plan - requires Congress, not Trump's responsibility

Again refer to the ACA. As president you are expected to work with Congress, with representatives, to achieve your campaign promises, your legislative goals. Things don't just fall into your lap as president, you don't get free reign to push through your laws and policies. Checks and balances in this country. It's not how it works. Trump has utterly failed in working with Congress to achieve these things. It looks bad on him at the end of the day. Blaming it all on Congress is just another scapegoat.

Latest news: House backs $4T budget, faces challenges on Donald Trump tax plan

I'll give you that one. That's one company though. Pretty much every economic metric is looking good, including industrial production, which continues to grow

Here's a question. If the economy was doing terribly, would you be blaming Trump or the previous Obama administration?

The wall - Requires funding from Congress, not Trump's responsibility

Again, refer to my first comment above in response to your failure/repeal of ACA explanation.

Let me repeat this to you again incase you glanced over this comment:

We're all well aware there's a process he needs to go through congress with. His job as president is to lead and gather support for his legislative agendas, his campaign promises.

Part of being president is in working with congress to get things done. It's part of being a leader. It's part of being president. It will involve negotiation. He is failing at this time an time again. Blaming congress doesn't change this fact.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I don't care

No, no you probably don't. Many members probably don't either.

“I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters,” he said.

www.theguardian.com...

He hit the nail on that statement.

You'll follow him to the ends of the Earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join