It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in and the Trump Administration can't seem to win anything.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: ADSE255

Uh huh.

Everyone's fault except the guy in charge. LOL Pathetic excuse makers.

Obama left him far better off than he's going to leave the next President for sure.
Considering what the media and his own party have done to him ... yah it's not really his fault, he just could have been a bit less blustery. A bunch of liars blaming him for their own messes including Russia. Let's not forget Uranium One ...and the neocons in the GOP a bunch of turncoats who never really wanted to fix Obamacare because they sold out to Big Pharma, and guess what, everyone here who supports Obamacare are support Big Pharna.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Southern Guardian

All of those people bought and paid for by lobbyists. Huge $$$ rolling around the corridors of power.

Did you here the one about how TWO GUYS got a 300 Million Dollar contract to rebuild Puerto Rico's power grid?

Trump Cabinet Secretary's hometown, 2-person company wins $300m power-rebuilding contract in Puerto Rico

debt-crushed Puerto Rico is paying $300 million to Whitefish Energy, a two-person company from Trump Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's hometown of Whitefish, Montana.

Zinke says the fact that he is pals with the owners of Whitefish Energy has nothing to do with the company winning the contract, and the fact that they used to employ Zinke's son has nothing to do with it either.

For EFFS SAKE...How Putin-esque!!

Trump is building his cabinet like Putin..Friends...Billionaires..Flying everywhere on the taxpayers dime and funneling money to their own pockets at every turn, safe and warm in the GOP+Trump unified embrace that they will never be held accountable.

The Trump Administration Smells like Russian Swamp water.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

That smell is coming from your upper lip.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Do you think the reason that Trump faces roadblocks with everything that he tries to do could just be simply that there are a bunch of rich people that don't want things to change? They live large off other's backs with the current system, and they are the ones that stand to lose the most if political and financial corruption crimes were to be punished at the elite end. Did you expect the people that have already had the time to form their corrupt political posse after being "the establishment" for so long would just bend over backwards and let Trump purge them from office [or get anything done that would make it look like he is competent, for that matter - isn't that the left's tactics, to smear]?

They've had since JFK to plan out the 1% worthy of plans to remain in control, or at least make sure the world goes down burning if they do... NK, Russia-phobia, omg Trump will start WW3 fearmongering is seeing to it, or so it seems to me.
edit on 26-10-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

That smell is coming from your upper lip.

So you don't have an issue at all with a 300 million dollar contract awarded to a 2 person company? Gee, sounds a little suspicious. It would have been suspicious even before knowing that Trump's interior secretary had a son working for that company.

But... Trump, so it can't possibly be something crooked right?

You people are so incredibly gullible. It's funny how sneaky and snakelike Hillary was (and is), but.. you are blind to Trump's own dealings.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Is there any evidence to show that this company only became a candidate for this money, after, Trump came into office? I know nothing of that sort of level of beauracracy but I would imagine these sorts of things are bid upon for a long time, the company is known and vetoed before they bid for security, whatever.

If they were all wrapped up in a neat package like that, with the company just stepping in as soon as Trump was able to award the contract then yeah, that's a bit suspicous. Is this the case?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

originally posted by: pheonix358

All of those people bought and paid for by lobbyists. Huge $$$ rolling around the corridors of power.

Did you here the one about how TWO GUYS got a 300 Million Dollar contract to rebuild Puerto Rico's power grid?

Trump Cabinet Secretary's hometown, 2-person company wins $300m power-rebuilding contract in Puerto Rico

debt-crushed Puerto Rico is paying $300 million to Whitefish Energy, a two-person company from Trump Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke's hometown of Whitefish, Montana.

Zinke says the fact that he is pals with the owners of Whitefish Energy has nothing to do with the company winning the contract, and the fact that they used to employ Zinke's son has nothing to do with it either.

For EFFS SAKE...How Putin-esque!!

Trump is building his cabinet like Putin..Friends...Billionaires..Flying everywhere on the taxpayers dime and funneling money to their own pockets at every turn, safe and warm in the GOP+Trump unified embrace that they will never be held accountable.

That smells fishy, until you do 30 seconds of research and find out the federal government had no say in who got that contract. It was awarded by PREPA, a Puerto Rican company connected to PR's government, and has a board of directors appointed by the governor of PR. Most of the current board, including the chairman was appointed by Puerto Rico's last governor, a Democrat. Those Democrat-appointed officials are in cahoots with Trump to give contracts to his buddies?

Another ridiculous "theory" debunked by a little common sense.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Do you think the reason that Trump faces roadblocks with everything that he tries to do is because there are a bunch of rich people that don't want things to change?

Like opposing healthcare reform?

Opposing a more inclusive military?

How about trying to keep the coal industry alive? Instead of accepting it's death is naturally due?

Rich people you say?

Who's really opposed to change here?

Why are conservatives always on the wrong side of history?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

But... Trump, so it can't possibly be something crooked right?

You people are so incredibly gullible. It's funny how sneaky and snakelike Hillary was (and is), but.. you are blind to Trump's own dealings.

I'm personally not suggesting Trump has never done anything wrong, and I think a lot of other people aren't either. It's along the lines of we *know* Hilary is crooked, and we *know* Bill was crooked. We *know* a lot of terrible crap has happened on the current house of card's watch (democrat or repubiclan at the reigns, does it really matter when the reigndeer are really controlling the sleigh, whatever.) Trump might not be innocent and is rough around the edges but a lot of people prefer that 1000000x over the lying, two faced, snake oil salesmen that currently run the world. Enemy of my enemy you know? Lesser of two evils.

If Trump can be the black sheep toe in the door that starts the purge of the broken system then holy hell we [I mean we in the sense of a member of a species that I hope can reach its highest potential, and the shared set of obstacles before every person] need to seize this and replace him later, when we have some bloody freedom back. You think you have freedom and you think you are happy, but it's just a skin over a crappy existence courtesy of these people that have tricked you into defending them even.
edit on 26-10-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hey you're back. Care to give this a response?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Don't worry Face I saw your post, you'll get a response.

Props to actually addressing the OP point by point.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It seems like a pretty easy question to answer. Why the avoidance?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, I think if you asked Trump he'd say he's already the most successful president in US history.

More importantly though, what I think most Trump supporters want to know is when the heck are we going to impeach Hillary!?!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

The time to lock her up is getting closer

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Amen brother. Once she's put away the government can finally begin operating smoothly again.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I am a climate skeptic, but I have noticed changes (even in weather related to the seasons) in the environment. I am simply not convinced that human scientists have gathered enough data to definitively link the climate change with various emissions.

How do we know it isn't just some natural process taking place? There hasn't been enough unbiased study.

What is wrong with skepticism? I think the President's EPA appointment is sensible, considering we shouldn't be rushing into legislation without concrete and undisputed evidence. Why try to legislate something away when we can't even be sure of its cause or whether we can even impact it. If this is some natural process, we will likely be powerless to stop it. Not saying that is the case either, just open to any possibility really. Including that some local albeit temporary phenomenon is causing the events we have witnessed.

Regarding coal and so called "dirty" power sources, science is going to quickly advance to the point where we are more reliant on nuclear/solar/wind/hydroelectric power and increasingly less on fossil fuels. The reason for this is pretty simple, especially when you take Moore's law into consideration. These collection methods are only going to become more efficient, quicker to produce, more cost efficient and even more space efficient at an increasingly fast rate. Even some of the experimental propulsion systems (EmDrive) have the potential to supply massive amounts of energy.

Clearly society does not have such technology or the infrastructure in place required to support it. Therefore, attempting to prematurely remove such energy sources would be disastrous. We also can't make energy so expensive that increased prices are passed on to the end users, which already have a tough time making ends meet. When you make $45,000.00 a year and have 33% of every single check taxed, it becomes impossible to pay increased prices for fuel and power.

I know this may seem a little O/T, but I wanted to address one reason why I think his appointment of the EPA director was a definite win. Not just for the President, but for society as a whole. Clean energy will have its day, but the science just isn't quite there yet.
edit on 10/26/2017 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

I am a climate skeptic, but I have noticed changes (even in weather related to the seasons) in the environment. I am simply not convinced that human scientists have gathered enough data to definitively link the climate change with various emissions.

How do we know it isn't just some natural process taking place? There hasn't been enough unbiased study.

What is wrong with skepticism?

That is the entire question. They try to lump all "deniers" into one box and insinuate we all think the climate isn't changing. It's obviously changing. The question is how much humans contribute to that. That hasn't be determined. "It's settled science" is a myth. There's no consensus on how much humans contribute.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: fleabit

Is there any evidence to show that this company only became a candidate for this money, after, Trump came into office?

YES..Of Course.

I know nothing of that sort of level of beauracracy but I would imagine these sorts of things are bid upon for a long time,

It was a no bid contract.

If they were all wrapped up in a neat package like that, with the company just stepping in as soon as Trump was able to award the contract then yeah, that's a bit suspicous. Is this the case?

Easy to research.

The company is two guys from the tiny home town of Trump's Cabinet Secretary.

Questions have arisen about how the company, which had only two full-time employees up until recently, managed to beat out other utility companies and secure the contract.
Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke and Whitefish CEO Andy Techmanski have admitted knowing each other but said that played no role in Whitefish getting the contract. The company’s investors also include HBC Investments, a Texas-based firm whose founder donated generously to President Trump.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And the Trump admin had no say in the decision. It was made by execs in a Puerto Rican company full of people appointed by PR's former Democrat governor.

Stop spreading nonsense.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Wayfarer

The time to lock her up is getting closer

never will happen.....actual evidence is needed in court

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join