It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 months in and the Trump Administration can't seem to win anything.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

MAGA!!

I think you can stick a fork in that.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: kosmicjack
What's so insane is the wingers dancing around a metaphorical bonfire about McCain, Corker and Flake - when Trump himself is the biggest obstruction to his own agenda.

You are absolutely correct.

Trump can't get anything done mostly because of Trump.

Agreed he is his own worst enemy. I think the skills that made him a good businessman makes him a lousy politician.

If "WE the People" wanted another politician, don't you think we would have elected one?

This is one of my favorite things so far, how Trump's opposition keeps trying to point out how lousy of a politician he is to Trump supporters like they're going to think that's a bad thing.

Some people are just sick of those who run every statement through a focus group to find out what response will be best for their approval numbers instead of just telling us what they really think.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

The Paris Accord was my favorite. They even admitted it essentially did nothing, yet somehow it was a disaster when we pulled out of it.

Sorry, we're not paying billions for a feel-good, do-nothing measure.

Got NATO to start paying more of their fair share, too.

The left loves them some "fair share"

Now to raise the rent on the UN and wrap a couple mil into each country's slice, for parking.

MAGA!!

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Lol half your list was false. Manufacturing jobs are at a decades long high. The travel ban was implemented almost entirely. The new ban will be found constitutional at the SC. Abortion was never something he tried to undo, the ruling in that case was not a loss because it wasn't something trump pushed. The NFL may not have changed its policy, but that's because they didn't need to. They just need to threaten enforcement of the current policy. Kneeling is way down but so are NFL ratings, because trump.

Corker not running for reelection. Flake not running for reelection. Russia narrative flipped on Hillary and Obama. The wall prototypes are coming along nicely. The wall will be funded.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Lol half your list was false. Manufacturing jobs are at a decades long high. The travel ban was implemented almost entirely. The new ban will be found constitutional at the SC. Abortion was never something he tried to undo, the ruling in that case was not a loss because it wasn't something trump pushed. The NFL may not have changed its policy, but that's because they didn't need to. They just need to threaten enforcement of the current policy. Kneeling is way down but so are NFL ratings, because trump.

Corker not running for reelection. Flake not running for reelection. Russia narrative flipped on Hillary and Obama. The wall prototypes are coming along nicely. The wall will be funded.

The job market was already stable before Trump took office. I think it's funny how much people are attributing economic pluses to Trump.. and were doing so when he was in office less than a month! I do think his strong suit will be the economy, said so before the election.. unfortunately it comes at a price. I don't know why some of you are so excited that he is tearing down laws that were put in place to protect our environment. CEOs of huge companies: "Screw the environment.. we can worry about that once we are all billionaires!"

Travel ban was pointless, is pointless, won't fix anything, because nothing was broke. Name one terrorist attack since 9/11 that has occurred on our soil caused by immigrants from the countries he is banning. He sure fooled you folks into thinking we were in terrible danger though!

Listed the NFL as a "win" is beyond sad. WHO CARES? It's not a subject that should have gotten attention, it was a pointless waste of time for someone who should be concentrating on actual issues, not trying to get revenge on a sports league that he tried to sue in the past (well.. he did sue, and win.. was awarded 3 bucks in fact!).

Wall will be funded? You must be privy to info we don't have - care to share? Is Mexico still paying for it?

Trump is a buffoon.. a rich kid playing President. The reason he signs so many executive orders and fires so many employees isn't because he is good at his job.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Dfairlite

The job market was already stable before Trump took office. I think it's funny how much people are attributing economic pluses to Trump.. and were doing so when he was in office less than a month! I do think his strong suit will be the economy, said so before the election.. unfortunately it comes at a price. I don't know why some of you are so excited that he is tearing down laws that were put in place to protect our environment. CEOs of huge companies: "Screw the environment.. we can worry about that once we are all billionaires!"

Travel ban was pointless, is pointless, won't fix anything, because nothing was broke. Name one terrorist attack since 9/11 that has occurred on our soil caused by immigrants from the countries he is banning. He sure fooled you folks into thinking we were in terrible danger though!

Listed the NFL as a "win" is beyond sad. WHO CARES? It's not a subject that should have gotten attention, it was a pointless waste of time for someone who should be concentrating on actual issues, not trying to get revenge on a sports league that he tried to sue in the past (well.. he did sue, and win.. was awarded 3 bucks in fact!).

Wall will be funded? You must be privy to info we don't have - care to share? Is Mexico still paying for it?

Trump is a buffoon.. a rich kid playing President. The reason he signs so many executive orders and fires so many employees isn't because he is good at his job.

Were you as confused when the media was blaming Trump for the Dow futures being down like 800 points on election night? Because, by your logic, that would be totally Obama's fault. Everyone knows the stock market isn't an indicator of past performance, it's basically predictive. When investors feel positive about the future, the market goes up. The market went up under Obama, it's been going up even faster under Trump. That was all he promised. He said our growth rates were weak under Obama, which is historical fact. He said he wanted to increase growth. He's accomplishing that so far.

The travel ban has been discussed plenty. Most of the countries on it were identified as the Obama administration as being failed or failing states where we couldn't adequately vet people because there was simply not enough information on them. The travel ban was supposed to temporarily stop people from those countries from coming there until we could check them out better. The overhaul on the vetting procedures was mostly finished this week. Just because something isn't a problem yet doesn't mean you ignore it. That's how we got 9/11. Maybe you want another one, I'll pass.

You pretty much conceded the NFL is #ing up, in a roundabout way. As for the wall, we'll see. Every other prediction so far about Trump has been wrong. I bet the wall gets done.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The greatest accomplishment thus far is getting his hair cut.

It seems like Trump supporters are in a deep state of denial, even after watching him move the goal post repeatedly and in other cases completely abandoning some of his promises.

Sad.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

He's the POTUS.

LOL!!

Don't like it? Sucks to be you guys.

I bet you can't wait to bomb the crap out of russia for electing him.

That's what the dems can run on in 2020. "Make Russia Pay!"

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

There is some truth to this, but Schadenfreude is a dangerous approach, because in your hatred you are also hoping for the failure of your country.

So not supporting Trump means you want your country to fail.

We've crossed into the world of cult mentality.

No I said schadenfreude, and in case the word is too big and foreign for you, that means taking pleasure in someone’s failure.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Don't you get tired of always believing you're right?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Weird, then why is everyone still hysterical over his every move?

The NFL backed off considerably. It's basically the 49ers at this point.
how_many_nfl_players_protested_during_the_national.amp

Immigration bans seemed to have worked. Self deportation seems to be working. Bringing college Marxists into the public view seems to be happening. Two massive hurricane disasters seems to be neutral, no major blunders on the part of the administration.

True, bullying your way through legislation doesn't seem to be effective, but we've only just begun. Look at the Russia collusion story. Look at Hollywood. Look at culture in general. There's plenty of good things accomplished already, as opposed to the steady onslaught by leftist if Hillary had won.

I don't need Trump to accomplish anything other than not making things worse. So far, so good.
edit on 26-10-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2017 by swedy13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I'm sure some of these have been addressed but OP I can tell you that you may be misinformed on a couple. Not your fault by any means but I just want to point them out.

"His Tax plan is not looking groovy at all when fewer than a third of Americans back it."
I've seen several videos where the American people are just not educated on the tax plan simply because it has Trump behind it. You tell people that it's someone else's suggestion and they agree and love it even though it was Trumps to begin with. People are being stubborn.

"Trump's efforts to force the NFL to take action against kneelers to the anthem?Well that failed, NFL ruled policy unchanged after meeting. How's that for the $200K spent on Pence's little walk out stunt?"
The policy didn't need to change in the first place because it already states in the policy that you must stand. I agree that the whole Pence thing was dumb and unnecessary. Whether it was Trump having anything to do with it or not, guess what, the kneeling is stopping.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well since I'm apparently not going to get an answer about whether legislation counts or not (OP told another poster that legislation pushed up through Congress for Trump to sign isn't an accomplishment), I'll just leave this here:

Repeal of O-care - requires laws to be passed by Congress, not Trump's responsibility by OP's standard. I'll just point out that it was into Obama's 2nd year before the Dem controlled Congress got the ACA done, so it's pretty weak that you have to cling to the fact this isn't done yet

Travel ban - that's an ongoing issue, probably going to SCOTUS, until that's done calling it a win or a loss is premature. Everyone knew the Dems were going to sue over this whether it was legal or not. The revamping of the vetting system, which was actually the main goal of the travel ban, is largely done. Stay tuned on the SCOTUS case. I predict SCOTUS sides with the President's power to limit who comes into the country, especially since a Dem judge shot their "racism" defense in the foot by blocking the ban on Muslim countries but saying it was ok on North Korea.

NFL - that's another one that's still ongoing, I think the NFL is hurting a lot more than Trump is on this issue, so I guess that's a matter of opinion who is winning that one. Trump has nothing to actually lose, while the NFL is indisputably losing revenue.

Abortion case - admittedly I don't know enough about that case to comment. You can have that one by default, but if the rest of your list is any indication I’d guess this is out of Trump’s control

Tax plan - requires Congress, not Trump's responsibility by your own standard, but actually is looking likely now. The Senate the other day and the House today passed a budget which will enable the Republicans to do the tax bill using budget reconciliation, so they won't need to overcome a Dem filibuster. To be continued...

Carrier - Your link doesn't appear to be working, so I'm not sure what you're on about there, but Trump has acknowledged they don't seem to be all in on what they promised him. I'll give you that one. That's one company though. Pretty much every economic metric is looking good, including industrial production, which continues to grow despite a momentary setback due to the rash of natural disaster last quarter.

The wall - Requires funding from Congress, not Trump's responsibility by your own standard. To be continued...

Vacancies in the administration - All Trump can do is nominate people. How fast they get approved is completely out of his control. Congress, again. Blame the Dems, even according to the NYT.

Your comment about the "GOP controlled Congress" completely ignores the filibuster rule. Your entire OP appears to be based in ignorance about how our government functions, the limits of the powers of the President, and the intricacies of the inner workings of Congress, compounded by partisan bias.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I bet you are the first one to throw out a "World Ending Prediction', yet the last one to admit you were wrong when it doesn't happen.

I'll be looking for your 'I was wrong' thread in 8 years

edit on 26-10-2017 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What did Obama accomplish in his first 10 months?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Don't forget authorizing the MOAB drop in Afghanistan and the cruise missile strike on that Syrian airbase. Those conflicts are lost, too.

Not that Trump had anything to do with that or any other decisions the Oligarchy hands down.

Generally the uS is losing when it comes to the people (like Healthcare) while the military gets whatever it wants.

The wall was just deflection from the issue of migrant workers cheapening us labor wages.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burnsE

I don't really have the time to look at what was passed when but... In his first week in office the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act was passed and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was passed by the House. The Senate then passed it on February 10th.

That alone is more than Trump has accomplished so far.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

He accomplished an increase in our National Debt setting the stage for 8 years of increase with personal family trips and sending money to known terrorist supported countries.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Jobs are recovering, markets are looking up, tax cuts are ambitious but can go through. ISIS is getting slaughtered, foreign countries are now starting to pay their fair share, and NK ran back with their tails between their legs. Paul Ryan blew Obamacare, I'm sure once McCrain finally croaks we might be able to get somewhere with it. Before the wall even goes up we have ICE cracking down hard on illegal immigration.

The fact that you're using the NFL as a talking point as if it actually matters shows how much of a hapless braindead retard you are. Honestly I don't think Trump is a very good leader he doesn't really show people the way and seems to rule from a mountaintop all on his own - it gets frustrating sometimes (a lot of the time.) On the other hand we have limp-wristed pussies such as yourself that can't see how intricate and large these issues are, they've been set in stone for years and are very difficult to undo - especially when the Republican party doesn't truly want to complete the tasks they've promised. I'm going to stay optimistic going forward.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

I don't really have the time to look at what was passed when but... In his first week in office the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act was passed and the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 was passed by the House. The Senate then passed it on February 10th.

That alone is more than Trump has accomplished so far.

So laws? According to the OP laws pushed up to the President from Congress don't count as accomplishments:

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

You think Trump signing legislation equals him accomplishing something in the Whitehouse.

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

No accomplishments? Just executive orders and legislation pushed by congress for him to sign? That's it? Not really the challenging response I expected.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join