It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-Bush reporter outed as an Administration plant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So they find out that one of the reporters that got to ask a lot of questions in the daily briefings is actually NOT a reporter, he used a false name when giving his credentials.

Of COURSE the White House checks these things assiduously and OF COURSE they knew what was going on here, it is no mystery why he got asked so many questions.

Is your country free?

This should be huge but it'll be buried, I would imagine. This is total propaganda, no way to spin it another way.

And whoever says the Administration knew nothing about it: how could they not unless they are complete and utter nincompoops.

read on:

www.cnn.com...

White House reporter's credentials questioned
Man worked for Web site owned by Republican activist

Slaughter linked Guckert's case to recent revelations that two conservative columnists who supported Bush administration policies had received government money.

"It appears that 'Mr. Gannon's' presence in the White House press corps was merely as a tool of propaganda for your administration," Slaughter wrote.

The White House had no comment.

The House and Senate press galleries declined Guckert's request for credentials in 2003.

Julie Davis, chairwoman of the Senate press gallery's executive committee, said Guckert could not demonstrate any separation between Talon News and GOPUSA, a Republican consulting group.

The plot thickens.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The administration's positions cannot stand on their own merit. What more can you say? It's pathetic. They have to pay "reporters" money to spread their msg and plant them strategically in order to seem legit.
How sad.

See my thread on this.. plenty of links:

politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Here are a few more threads about Gannon, nothing the Bushies do surprises me in the slightest, their nothing but a bunch of lying thieves and killers

By Nerdling
Jeff Gannon the "Journalist" involved in Scandal, Resigns.

By DrHoracid
Liberals in Media attack conservative reporter

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
the guy made no attempt to hide the fact that he represented a conservative paper, so quit trying to make a big deal about it. second, his name was legally changed, not faked. third, do you really expect a conservative president to not be OK with having a conservative reporter ask him questions? just as a liberal president would be fine with having liberal reporters around him.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
the guy made no attempt to hide the fact that he represented a conservative paper, so quit trying to make a big deal about it. second, his name was legally changed, not faked. third, do you really expect a conservative president to not be OK with having a conservative reporter ask him questions? just as a liberal president would be fine with having liberal reporters around him.

His name was not legally changed, he was operating under a fake name.
Even the Whitehouse says so.

Whitehouse.gov
Q Jeff Gannon. How did he get a White House pass, or what kind of credentials did he have?

MR. McCLELLAN: Just like anyone else who comes to the White House.

Q Hard pass?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, he had never applied for a hard pass. He had a daily pass. I think he's been coming for --

Q Was he coming for --

MR. McCLELLAN: Hang on. I think he's been coming for more than two years now.

Q Under what name?

MR. McCLELLAN: Sorry?

Q Under what name?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, you have to get cleared. You have to -- just like anybody else that comes to the White House, you have to have your full name, your Social Security number and your birth date. So you have to be cleared just like anybody else.

Q So he was being cleared under James Guckert, or whatever his name is?

MR. McCLELLAN: My understanding, yes.

If you have information that contradicts the Whitehouse, I'm sure there's many people here who would like to see it.

This guy was operating under a fake name with fake credentials and was given Whitehouse Press Core access only 4 days after the website he was writing for came into existance.

dailykos
In a press briefing on Feb. 10th, White House Press Secretary McClellan claimed that Guckert was granted White House access because he "showed that he was representing a news organization that published regularly." (emphasis added).

However, Talon News came into existence on March 29, 2003. It was granted White House Press Corps access just four days (approx. 96 hours) later. During that four-day time period, Talon News published a total of nine "stories."

new topics

top topics

join