It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breakthrough - Scientists Discovered a “Kill Switch” That Destroys Any Cancer Cell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, that is basically what Chaga mushrooms do. But they do not trigger all cancers to die.

Also the celery/parsley family chemistry triggers self destruction of cancer cells, cancer cells are hungry and they gobble up the apigenin and another chemical found in this family of plants. Regular cells absorb a little but the rapidly dividing take up amounts that cause aptopsis so normal cells are usually fine unless way too much is eaten.

I tried to research this particular subject a few weeks ago after reading about it and I couldn't hack it, they do not give out enough information on exactly how it works.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Ahh, another cure for cancer. excellent.
Toss that on top of the 4000 other cures for cancer that never see the light of day (be it for valid or nefarious reasons) and move on is the norm.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

This is a very interesting find for cancer research.

But I suggest putting in perspective the thread tittle vs content of the published paper:

Breakthrough - Scientists Discovered a “Kill Switch” That Destroys Any Cancer Cell

Study page 2

These findings indicate that an RNAi off-target effect may actually be used to kill cancer cells. Future studies will determine whether this effect could be exploited to shrink tumors in animal models of cancer. If successful, this in turn could lead to new treatments for cancer patients.

Study page 22

These data suggest that it might be possible to develop a novel form of cancer therapy based on the DISE OTE mechanism.

edit on 25-10-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Pin worm medicine is supposedly a real cancer cure. That and I heard black walnut tincture. I take it weekly, who knows? Maybe it will keep cancer at bay.

Bingo.....parasites are the common denominator in all sicknesses including cancer.Finding and maintaining an alkaline interior removes the acidic environment which is sympathetic to parasite life.Regularly eating an anti-parasitic is critical to good health especially when combined with an alkaline inner body.

Find Dr.Hulda Clarks books and you will learn more.

Parasites have contributed to more human deaths than anything on this planet.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I see my oncologist tomorrow and will be asking if there's any gene editing trials coming up or started for aggressive cancers such as mine. So far one has been approved as 1st line treatment for one of the types of lymphoma or leukemia. I don't remember but the name of it is Car-T.

I need it to go faster

ETA: There was this report from NBC evening news as well last night but it doesn't name the drug nor the method of targeting the mutation. I imagine it's a new immuno type of drug though.

NBC
edit on 10/25/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

IF your cancer has a known cause (like the BRCA1/BRCA2 mutations for breast cancer (and some prostate ... yay equality)) ask if there is a known synthetic lethal. THat way there may be a way to silence the partner (the "synthetic lethal) and induce apoptoisis for the cancer cells. Lognshot, but hey needs must.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

That is horrid... I know too many people who've succumbed to the big C and it is my own likely way outta this world, due to genetics.

But, some "natural" cures have interested me, lately. Vit c combined with a certain extract (d'Fraction) of the Maitake mushroom kills 90+% of cancer cells in a culture over 24 hours... better than other chemotherapy and not toxic to the body. People who've tried this mix orally report that it worked for them (I've spoken to 7 or so, myself), but no official studies are being done as it is cheap and not patentable.

There are a few other "natural" methods that, anecdotally anyway, work. The documentary "Cancer Can Be Killed" on Amazon was very interesting, too ($1.99 to rent or free w/ Prime).

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I have SCLC which has already mutated at least once but we did get a good sample of an abdominal tumor which tested for PD-1. Unfortunately the immunotherapy drug that's supposed to work on PD-1 caused all kinds of problems and the tumors grew anyway.

I'm on standard second line right now. I think gene editing is going to be the key to managing aggressive, rapidly mutating cancers as well curative for slow cancers. Just cut out the bad mutations whatever they are.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Do you mean the cancer is mutating or you are dealing with a rapid Metastasis? Slightly different.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Mutation. It's why the same chemo drugs usually can't be used a second time.

Mutation may be the wrong term. Adaptation is probably better.
edit on 10/25/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
SEE?
Research is ONGOING of course...www.thesun.co.uk... -flights-from-madagascar/

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I doubt it is mutation. Sorry scientist (who works in Pharma) being picky.

Certain drugs like Taxol (example) are very good the first time you have a soft tissue cancer, then if (when?) it comes back, useless. I'd say it is the rate the cancer is progressing that is the problem here (at a guess). Certain drugs are fine when its in a certain tissue, and useless in other tissues, as they can not get to the cells.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Don't be sorry, I'd rather be corrected and use proper terminology. If you don't mind my asking, are you a cancer drug R&D or just familiar enough to speak with some authority?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I work in a CRO (Contract Research Organisation) I have worked on cancer treatments, I have wormed on new Antibiotics, I have worked on what I am told.

Also I am Process Development chemist that means I perfect scale up rather than design the molecule.

However I also worked in Bioinformatics for a short while (between 2010 and 2013) while the Pharma industry rebuilt itself after the 2008 crash. I studied the BRCA mutation and ways to shut it off selectively. That was purely academic, and never went anywhere useful (academics move slower than tectonics, so I went back to industry)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That's pretty damn cool.

Now hurry up!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Client needs to give me a project

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I don't think my tumor sample was mapped (right term?). I think they were just looking for certain genes/mutations for a trial chemo combo.

My doctor is amazing, very into research himself. I'm treated at Dana Farber in Boston. They just got CRISPR to use as a 1st line treatment so I don't know if it can be used for research or not. I hope so. Someone has to be the 1st success story. Why not me?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Morphine is pushed heavily on terminal cases as it slows your breathing down. they used this # on my mother who had als and not 1 hour after a daily dose she basicaly suffacated to death.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Sequenced would be the term and yeah that is still several 1000 dollars (closer to ten than one). Most insurance companies will not touch the technology (genetic sequencing) until it is about $1000 (USD) per genome.

What they are probably looking at is what the cancer is (the mutation) so they know the best chemo combo to go for. All the treatments tend to suck. Some have names (by the patients) like red death .... sort of lets you know how much fun they are.

Keep a positive approach to the cancer, and that will do you just as well as many other thins.

Don't suddenly decide "alternative therapies" are the answer. Steve Jobs did that .... he died. He admitted that if he'd gone mainstream, he would have survived.

Diet can help, but its also not the only answer.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

If alternatives worked with any kind of decent success rate, a lot less people would die from cancer. I think they can work, short term maybe and only with certain cancers. I'm sticking with science and doc said I can do CBD oil along with if I want to. I've cut out nearly all sweets and sugary drinks.

Thanks for the convo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join