It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Olive Branch

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You live in an glass echo chamber, paneled with rose colored glass, proclaiming truth to the color of things.

I don't get to see folks whose perception and logical fallacies are so blatantly on display as what you have articulated here, very often... and I'm good with that.

Folks who sounded like you do, when they got power... killed millions people in the 20th century in rank democide.

I would be surprised if you are over 40 years old. You don't sound like anyone who has done much relative living and learning from that life. The kind of ideas you have espoused in this thread... suggest a person who needs to be kept away from power over others at all costs.

Have a good life... you're going to need it... in order to not end up a murderous pariah on the society of your fellows.
edit on 26-10-2017 by dasman888 because: gerbil killers

edit on 26-10-2017 by dasman888 because: killer june bugs

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: dasman888

Love him or hate him... Trump was the closest thing to a 3rd party POTUS we have had in many decades.

I'm going to go with hate him -- but also something else. Trump showed me what happens when it's not an establishment candidate. Basically a rise in hate and misogyny and racism... The doors opened and the worst of the worst came through and the Trump supporters didn't say a word. They applauded the worst of the worst and went extremely low.

So now I'm much more pro-establishment.

Next time show some standards because what I have been convinced of is this... Love them or hate them, the establishment is keeping this country from going full White Supremacist misogynist repugnant.

"Resentment (hatred) is like drinking/taking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies”."

Good luck with that...

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: JustaBill

I have no tolerance for the intolerant. None. I'm one of those weird Americans who hate Nazis and White Supremacists. When I see a candidate swirling up hate and encouraging those groups, using dumb childish insults, encouraging violence at his rallies, promoting chants of lock her up, or promoting torture, or suggesting we should be killing the families of terrorists, mass deporting, banning Muslims--- all to thunderous applause with the KKK and White Supremacists right there. I call a spade a spade. Those people are dumb as rocks for not even being capable of seeing what the whole world sees.

Now if you can please keep it on topic rather than these continued attacks on me.

My vote is Clooney for pres /Damon as the scrappy vice pres.

You are right about being one of those weird Americans, but it isn't because you hate Nazis and White Supremacists. There is nothing weird about hating those groups. You are a weird American because you call for hanging those who don't think like you, period. Stop trying to come off as some kind of super hero for justice, you aren't. You are a hateful bigot who wants to murder people. Nothing more.

To be clear, if I were attacking you, you would know it. You run from thread to thread spewing you toxic filled hate and now you got your feelings hurt because I called a spade, a spade. People, like you, need to be embarrassed whenever they call for murdering people. This is not the site for that type of hate.

As far as staying on topic, it has taken you 24 posts in this thread to finally name someone for president. Until this post you have done nothing but spew your hate. It is you who needs to stay on topic.

Clooney, in my opinion, is too soft for president. If not for his looks, her wouldn't even be acting. Hope you don't want to hang me for disagreeing with you.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dasman888

Holy geeze gunslinger, this is some nonsense word-salad. I'm all for waxing poetic, but at the very least call out some examples of the things you're claiming. I've just read the last 3 pages trying to correlate spiritualzombie's various posts with your statements above and am having quite the difficult time. Please elaborate with quotes of his to back up/reference your remarks so its clear how you've concluded them.
edit on 43pm17fpmThu, 26 Oct 2017 14:59:03 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 26 Oct 2017 14:59:03 -0500 by Wayfarer because: freudian slip

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

I think most people want someone who will do the right thing. I also think a lot of us disagree sharply on what we believe the right thing to be.

That is true, but shouldn't we also have things that we would all believe to be right?

Dude, we can't even get to a point where a clear majority agree that America's president should always put America first. Close to half the nation flirts with the whore of global citizenship and wants the US to make decisions based on the interests of the world before the interests of this country.

There is no middle ground. I will happily admit that I am too apathetic to the other side's concerns to motivate myself to walk to the middle ground, especially when I have no doubt "middle ground" will ultimately constitute a much greater journey for me than for those who oppose me (as that seems to be the status quo in America... constant appeasement of the progressive demands alongside whines of "why are you obstructing and refusing to compromise" lobbed against anyone who doesn't embrace the all to frequent hard leftward shifts.

I'm happy with the leader we have and plan on voting for him in 2020. I'm not happy with the Congress we presently have and will enjoy seeing the bloodbath against the resistance in the primaries next year.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Something that nags at me every time I see your post is your avatar. Is that meant to be the confederate battle flag (or an analogous equivalent) on Captain America?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

It's Captain 'Murica, and yes, that's the battle flag.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

OK, imagining that voice in the halls of power would be awesome!

Ummm... is James Earl Jones still around? Can you go with him for a compromise?

TheRedneck

Hey I never considered James Earl Jones. I watch Nat Geo shows where Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones narrate. Those two have a way of explaining hyenas ripping the guts from a live animal sound eloquent. Compromise it is.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

What are Captain 'Murica's views on slavery in America? (not that I'm implying that's the sole interpretation of that symbology, but certainly the most apparent).

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: 3daysgone

I like trey gowdy, at least what I've seen . . .

Gowdy admitted on FOX NEWS that he got the whole Benghazi story wrong.....
www.politicususa.com...

8 congressional hearings and he admits he was wrong...
and....1,260 pages of threads on ATS about it.....NOW?.....silence
edit on 26-10-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

What are Captain 'Murica's views on slavery in America?

He views it as having been dead for 150 years and not a modern issue.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You're really stuck on that old post aren't you? What can I do to help you get through it? I do apologize. There is something about Trump that brings out the worst in me. His inspiring insults and that whole alt-right Neo Nazi White Supremacists thing... calling everything fake news... saying the media is the enemy of the people.... And all those republicans who at one time spoke against it until they decided to bend over and take it.... I don't know what it is.... Those darn republicans just don't inspire my heart with love.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

I think most people want someone who will do the right thing. I also think a lot of us disagree sharply on what we believe the right thing to be.

That is true, but shouldn't we also have things that we would all believe to be right?

Dude, we can't even get to a point where a clear majority agree that America's president should always put America first. Close to half the nation flirts with the whore of global citizenship and wants the US to make decisions based on the interests of the world before the interests of this country.

There is no middle ground. I will happily admit that I am too apathetic to the other side's concerns to motivate myself to walk to the middle ground, especially when I have no doubt "middle ground" will ultimately constitute a much greater journey for me than for those who oppose me (as that seems to be the status quo in America... constant appeasement of the progressive demands alongside whines of "why are you obstructing and refusing to compromise" lobbed against anyone who doesn't embrace the all to frequent hard leftward shifts.

I'm happy with the leader we have and plan on voting for him in 2020. I'm not happy with the Congress we presently have and will enjoy seeing the bloodbath against the resistance in the primaries next year.

This is a hell of a post, and I'd like to pick your brain a bit on it if I may:

1.) Do you believe that what happens in the rest of the world doesn't affect the United States?

2.) How do you reconcile claiming there is no middle ground if you also claim you are too apathetic to entertain the opposite sides concerns' to walk the middle ground? This sounds a bit contradictory.

3.) Lastly, for my own edification as insight into your viewpoints, Do you feel hurt by liberal agendas, liberalist, or those who don't support Trump? In that vein, is there anything about Trump you aren't proud of and would prefer he not have done or not do?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You're really stuck on that old post aren't you? What can I do to help you get through it? I do apologize. There is something about Trump that brings out the worst in me. His inspiring insults and that whole alt-right Neo Nazi White Supremacists thing... calling everything fake news... saying the media is the enemy of the people.... And all those republicans who at one time spoke against it until they decided to bend over and take it.... I don't know what it is.... Those darn republicans just don't inspire my heart with love.

You don't need to do anything for me to get through what you posted. My conscience is clear. The only reason I use that "old post," from 13 days ago, is to show you and others reading your posts you aren't the ambassador of goodwill and justice you portray yourself to be. That post is a direct reflection of your soul and shows how you feel towards others who don't agree with you. You can't see it, but you are becoming, and quite possibly already are, just like the groups you claim to hate.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

1.) Do you believe that what happens in the rest of the world doesn't affect the United States?

Yes, but I also believe a lot of that can and should be insulated against. The US shouldn't be so intertwined with the rest of the world that their drafty rooms give us a head cold. Sovreignity matters. I would choose isolation and national protectionism over globalism everyday.

2.) How do you reconcile claiming there is no middle ground if you also claim you are too apathetic to entertain the opposite sides concerns' to walk the middle ground? This sounds a bit contradictory.

I represent politics which seek to conserve what we have and resist change whereas opposing sides seek large changes. In that vein, "compromise" always costs conservatives more than it costs progressives. Look at it this way, conservatives are giving up tangible things already in their possession while progressives are only "giving up" on things they want or hope for. Telling a child before Christmas arrives "we can't afford the LEGO Death Star on your wish list this year, you'll have to make do with these less expensive LEGO sets" is not even remotely in the same ballpark as taking away a box of LEGOs the child already owns and has become attached to. To that note, compromise is a slow rolling series of real losses for conservatives while reflecting a slow rolling series of gains for progressives... it's by no means a winning proposition for us.

3.) Lastly, for my own edification as insight into your viewpoints, Do you feel hurt by liberal agendas, liberalist, or those who don't support Trump? In that vein, is there anything about Trump you aren't proud of and would prefer he not have done or not do?

No man is perfect. Of course there are issues I disagree with Trump on, but by and large I consider him a good man who has tried to be a solid president. Moreso than what I've seen in the office during my voting life, which has run from Clinton's second term to the present. Liberal agendas absolutely represent a loss to me, be it in the form of higher taxes to pay off their Kept Voters or lost rights in the form of assaults on the 2nd Amendment, assaults on traditionally accepted exercises of the 1st amendment, as well as a number of utter BS things liberals claim to stand for but which their actual actions speak differently about (such as war, the Patriot Act, and being for the working Americans.) I consider them thieves and cultural assassins.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

a reply to: dasman888

Holy geeze gunslinger, this is some nonsense word-salad. I'm all for waxing poetic, but at the very least call out some examples of the things you're claiming. I've just read the last 3 pages trying to correlate spiritualzombie's various posts with your statements above and am having quite the difficult time. Please elaborate with quotes of his to back up/reference your remarks so its clear how you've concluded them.

Wayfarer... if you have followed this thread, and don't follow my reasoning, an explanation from me may not make any sense.

At issue is a way of seeing, framing reality, and drawing personal perceptual conclusions that SZ seems consistent in drawing, that I find pretty troubling.

It's not his preferences or ideas... everyone has opinions, right? But his own internal reactions to his perceptions ring a bell I have seen wrung quite a lot in history... and used as justification for harming those who "are not in alignment with seeing things the RIGHT way". What is the right way? "My way is the right way."

Folks that think like that are incapable of detecting their own logical fallacies, even when others compassionately and politely point them out. Their "perceivers" are broken, and their disdain or hatred of an "other" for that others "crimes" are not defined in actuality or law, they are defined by THEIR perception. Whether that perception is flawed or not is not up for discussion.

Not unique specifically to SZ here... but I am not unfamiliar at all with that "reasoning work product".

That is the problem with beliefs and ideologies of any kind. They in no way need to be connected to facts about anything. Facts are irrelevant to beliefs... they mean nothing to the believer... even if that believer is merely believing their own construct of ideas.

There is one helluva lot of history that very adequately describes what I am getting at here. I am not attacking or personally condemning anyone as a motive here... I am merely saying that folks whose perceptions and internal reactions to their own perceptions that are similar, who have acquired significant power, have done very very awful things throughout history.

I suppose it's fair to put that on a continuum... because there's really not much new under the sun so far as human beings go.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

You don't need to do anything for me to get through what you posted. My conscience is clear. The only reason I use that "old post," from 13 days ago, is to show you and others reading your posts you aren't the ambassador of goodwill and justice you portray yourself to be. That post is a direct reflection of your soul and shows how you feel towards others who don't agree with you. You can't see it, but you are becoming, and quite possibly already are, just like the groups you claim to hate.

You're almost there... if you really want to peg me then you have to be a lot more honest about it. You and others keep claiming it's towards anything and everything that disagrees with me. Not true. If you were honest on just that one thing, you'd be so much closer.

I have an intolerance for the intolerant. When it comes to Neo Nazis, White Supremacists and a douche bag presidents who says he can grab women by the pussy, or his supporters who cheer for torture and seem to thrive off cruelty and disrespect toward anything they don't like... F'd up supporters to encourage a rise in trolls .... Don't know...

They say violence begets violence. Hate begets hate. You vote for hate, hate is what you get.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Love him or hate him... Trump was the closest thing to a 3rd party POTUS we have had in many decades.

I'm going to go with hate him -- but also something else. Trump showed me what happens when it's not an establishment candidate. Basically a rise in hate and misogyny and racism... The doors opened and the worst of the worst came through and the Trump supporters didn't say a word. They applauded the worst of the worst and went extremely low.

So now I'm much more pro-establishment.

Next time show some standards because what I have been convinced of is this... Love them or hate them, the establishment is keeping this country from going full White Supremacist misogynist repugnant.

"Resentment (hatred) is like drinking/taking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies”."

Good luck with that...

I agree. Trump and his supporters who condone and support any level of filth... not good for the country. But you're not man enough to admit that truth are you? Despite the million women who marched... all the groups coming out against the president, calling him out on all his douche baggery... You need to hide from that truth. And I'm sorry but that kind of willful ignorance especially over time makes it increasingly difficult to respect.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I chose the Mud-Pit for this thread because I feel it is the forum that people can actually say what they want, how they want to say it, to a certain extent anyway.

Welcome to all who wish to join in this process.

As we all are aware of, there is a tremendous political divide in the U.S. What starts wars? Politics is one thing that starts them.

Why don't we start working together? The ATS political community.

What if we worked together to nominate a candidate for President in 2020 that most, if not all, of us can agree upon.

We have been letting our differences divide us.

Wouldn't it be better to let our common interests lead us?

Let me know if you are interested.

Kudos to you. The monkeys never got ahead by flinging their poo at each other. They still remained jailed. Let politics, parties or president not divide us in our unity to help each other. If you support contraception, provide it for women in your community. Contribute to food pantries, support prison ministries.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Please don't turn the Olive Branch in to a switch to beat other members here.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join