It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Olive Branch

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Yes, I did. So?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
What about Mike Rowe? He seems to be an all around good guy, although research needs to be done on him.

I was just watching Mike Rowe. I say that's a good pick right there.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: JinMI

I didn’t say i hate all Trump supporters and I never said Trump supporters are equivalent to those people. Not at all.

What I am owning is I have a hatred for extremist groups such as ISIS, White Supremacists and Nazis who all are incompatible and hateful toward a diverse society — who fight diversity and show intolerance and racism and bigotry for other cultures - and support hurtful policy and draconian measures specifically against these different cultures.

I don’t see what’s wrong with that. I hate racism. I also hate sexual assaulters and I hate pedophiles.

What I am saying about Trump Supporters is they are hostile- they destroyed their own party for not thinking and being exactly like they are. Trump Supporters also turn a blind eye to misogyny, racism, and all manner of bad behavior when it comes to Trump— and therefore to extend and olive branch to such a rigid and offensive people requires abandonment of one’s own conscience...

So far, the only posts that reflect hatred have been your posts. You say you hate extremist groups such as ISIS, White Supremacists, and Nazi's because those groups are incompatible and hateful toward a diverse society. Maybe, you should read what you posted in this thread "Hang all republicans from lamp posts" where you showed your desire to hang all republicans from lamp posts. With that comment alone, you prove you have no desire for diversity. With that comment, you prove you are exactly like the groups you "claim" to hate. Your posts, and posting history, display the same ideals of ISIS, White Supremacists, and Nazi's because all of those groups hate diversity and call for the elimination of others who don't think or have the same ideas. So, go ahead and pretend you desire diversity, but the reality is you hate everyone and anyone that doesn't think just like you. The sad part is you can't even see how you are exactly, if not worse, then the groups you claim to hate while calling for all republicans to be hung.

*On topic*

Morgan Freeman. He seems to think clearly and has expressed great points on many topics, from race to other life being possible. I am not sure if it's just the actor that makes him come off that way or if he really gets it. I desire to believe he gets it. I would do the research on him, but I honestly would not have the time and won't lie having others believe I would actually do it. Just being honest, but also contributing a name I feel worthy.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
A lot of people on both sides of the Isle liked Rand Paul, hes no nonsense, he sticks to his guns, and hes quite literally middle of the road, with a lot of common sense reforms in mind.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yes, I did. So?

TheRedneck

So you accused me of exactly what we see from the president every day... and you said "that's a long way from someone following a conscience."

So we agree... to be on board with Trump requires ignoring your conscience. Or at least supporting a guy who appears to operate with no conscience. Which means ignoring your conscience.

And all I'm saying is an olive branch is an act of conscience, and we've seen how Trump supporters react to that. They are a hostile group. Trump basically called Cruz's wife ugly and said Cruz's dad killed JFK -- and his supporters cheered on the insults and booed at Cruz for suggesting to vote your conscience. They even found ways to justify Trump saying rich and famous men can grab women by their p*ssy. That's pretty low. No backlash at all from his supporters. Requires an absence of conscience.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

I didn’t say i hate all Trump supporters and I never said Trump supporters are equivalent to those people. Not at all.

What I am owning is I have a hatred for extremist groups such as ISIS, White Supremacists and Nazis who all are incompatible and hateful toward a diverse society — who fight diversity and show intolerance and racism and bigotry for other cultures - and support hurtful policy and draconian measures specifically against these different cultures.

I don’t see what’s wrong with that. I hate racism. I also hate sexual assaulters and I hate pedophiles.

What I am saying about Trump Supporters is they are hostile- they destroyed their own party for not thinking and being exactly like they are. Trump Supporters also turn a blind eye to misogyny, racism, and all manner of bad behavior when it comes to Trump— and therefore to extend and olive branch to such a rigid and offensive people requires abandonment of one’s own conscience...

you prove you are exactly like the groups you "claim" to hate. Your posts, and posting history, display the same ideals of ISIS, White Supremacists, and Nazi's because all of those groups hate diversity and call for the elimination of others who don't think or have the same ideas. So, go ahead and pretend you desire diversity, but the reality is you hate everyone and anyone that doesn't think just like you.

What I hate is cruelty... and people who cheer for cruelty. whether that cruelty is torture or the cruelty of mass deportations. The cheering for cruelty is pretty awful. And this didn't come from some ATSer, it came from a man running for president, disparaging and insulting everyone around him-- and to this day his campaign is basically telling the republicans around him (in between all the insults) you will bow do to us or be history. It's so f*ckin hostile and disrespectful and--- and it's absolutely ridiculous that Trump supporters aren't at least acknowledging that...

And I'm sorry but speaking out against bigots does not make someone a bigot.

Here's my olive branch... I don't think all you people are stupid, but I think you condone a lot of awful behavior that makes people say you're stupid... Stop being willfully blind. If you want respect, start giving a damn about respectable behavior. Earn the respect by demanding your president act respectful to even those who disagree with him.

These "establishment" republicans that you guys trash just for the sake of establishment are not wrong when they say Trump is debasing the country and debasing his party. Take notice of the rise in White Supremacy. Care if our intelligence community is telling us a foreign government attacked our democracy. People want to extend an olive branch but you guys... I don't believe you guys have it in you to meet halfway. Prove me wrong. That's my olive branch.

edit on 26-10-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustaBill

you prove you are exactly like the groups you "claim" to hate. Your posts, and posting history, display the same ideals of ISIS, White Supremacists, and Nazi's because all of those groups hate diversity and call for the elimination of others who don't think or have the same ideas. So, go ahead and pretend you desire diversity, but the reality is you hate everyone and anyone that doesn't think just like you.

What I hate is cruelty... and people who cheer for cruelty. whether that cruelty is torture or the cruelty of mass deportations. The cheering for cruelty is pretty awful. And this didn't come from some ATSer, it came from a man running for president, disparaging and insulting everyone around him-- and to this day his campaign is basically telling the republicans around him (in between all the insults) you will bow do to us or be history. It's so f*ckin hostile and disrespectful and--- and it's absolutely ridiculous that Trump supporters aren't at least acknowledging that...

And I'm sorry but speaking out against bigots does not make someone a bigot.

Here's my olive branch... I don't think all you people are stupid, but I think you condone a lot of awful behavior that makes people say you're stupid... Stop being willfully blind. If you want respect, start giving a damn about respectable behavior. Earn the respect by demanding your president act respectful to even those who disagree with him.

These "establishment" republicans that you guys trash just for the sake of establishment are not wrong when they say Trump is debasing the country and debasing his party. Take notice of the rise in White Supremacy. Care if our intelligence community is telling us a foreign government attacked our democracy. People want to extend an olive branch but you guys... I don't believe you guys have it in you to meet halfway. Prove me wrong. That's my olive branch.

First, let's make one thing very clear. You can never say anything to me or anyone else to justify your comment about hanging all republicans. I, for one, will call you out, period! Then you start out your reply and say you hate cruelty. Really??? How cruel is it to hang all republicans from lamp posts? Is that only semi-cruel, or just a little bit cruel? From the things you say, I am guessing you don't see anything cruel about hanging all republicans. In fact, I think you meant every bit of it and your posts show you meant it.

Let me help you out with something. The definition of bigot is "a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions." You are intolerant towards different opinions, period! Nothing you say will change that fact. Speaking out against bigotry does not make you a bigot, I will agree with that statement. However, speaking out about bigotry and then wanting to hang all republicans from lamp posts because they don't agree with you does in fact make you a bigot. It also makes you a hypocrite and very dishonest (where I come from we call dishonest people "liars"). Again, you have already shown your true way of thinking about those who think differently than you and nothing will ever change what you said, period!

You then offer an olive branch followed with the phrase..."I don't think all you people are stupid, but I think you condone a lot of awful behavior that makes people say you're stupid." You offer an olive branch then call people stupid. If you don't think "all you people are stupid" that means you still think some people are stupid who don't think like you. There is a difference between you and the groups you listed...ISIS, White Supremacists, and Nazi's. Those groups admit they don't like others who don't think like them. You try and cover it up with bigotry, hypocrisy, lies, and good old fashioned bull-crap and that makes you worse. You keep your olive branch, I DO NOT want it. I find people like you to be poison to society and I personally want nothing to do with people like you. You should be aware there is nothing you can say that will ever change what you wrote. Your hatred is evident so stop pretending to care about people and diversity while trying to get republicans hung from lamp posts.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

What opinions am I intolerant of? Get specific.

And yep, the way Trump sabotaged Obamacare, threatening people’s healthcare, with ideas of replacing it with cheaper insurance coverage that covers less— this constant effort by republicans to prop up big money and hurt people in need... they don’t really have the approval numbers... trump is one of the most hated presidents of all time. And Republicans keep cheering for pain and cruelty on other people. That sh*t could catch up to them.

Perhaps hanging from lampposts is a bit much— nah... they’re kind of walking that path by supporting who they support and tearing the country apart with their constant bed sh*tting.

What you get from me is what you support. I'm giving you guys the full presidential treatment.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

What opinions am I intolerant of? Get specific.

And yep, the way Trump sabotaged Obamacare, threatening people’s healthcare, with ideas of replacing it with cheaper insurance coverage that covers less— this constant effort by republicans to prop up big money and hurt people in need... they don’t really have the approval numbers... trump is one of the most hated presidents of all time. And Republicans keep cheering for pain and cruelty on other people. That sh*t could catch up to them.

Perhaps hanging from lampposts is a bit much— nah... they’re kind of walking that path by supporting who they support and tearing the country apart with their constant bed sh*tting.

What you get from me is what you support. I'm giving you guys the full presidential treatment.

As other have pointed out to you before my post, you are irrational and hateful. I will not go back in this thread and post all of your hate filled rants towards people who support Trump. Your posts speak for themselves. All of the things you've said about why you hate Trump supporters are the opinions you are intolerant of. Your opinion concerning Trump sabotaging Obamacare is just that, an opinion. Others who are literally going broke paying for Obamacare hate the program and are thankful Obamacare is being crushed. But that doesn't matter to you because you can't empathize with them.You think people who cheer Trump for his decisions are cheering him because he is hurting other people, but won't consider they might be cheering him because those same things are currently hurting them. Obamacare is a catastrophe to many Americans, but none of those people want Democrats hung from lamp posts. It's incredible you can't understand that logic. What works for you doesn't necessarily work for others and that's why they cheer. Nothing I say to you will change the way you think because you have no compassion for others. You only care about you and what works for you.

Your statement "Perhaps hanging from lampposts is a bit much— nah" says everything about you and it isn't pretty. Know this though...even after you continue to want republicans hung, and hate all Trump supporters, I still wish you no harm. I honestly feel very sorry for you. I can't imagine how much hate it takes for a person, another human, to want others hung for their ideas and opinions. Please seek help, you desperately need it.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So you accused me of exactly what we see from the president every day... and you said "that's a long way from someone following a conscience."

No, I don't agree we see hatred from the President... all the hatred I see is coming from you.

And all I'm saying is an olive branch is an act of conscience, and we've seen how Trump supporters react to that. They are a hostile group. Trump basically called Cruz's wife ugly and said Cruz's dad killed JFK -- and his supporters cheered on the insults and booed at Cruz for suggesting to vote your conscience. They even found ways to justify Trump saying rich and famous men can grab women by their p*ssy. That's pretty low. No backlash at all from his supporters. Requires an absence of conscience.

OK, OK, you want to keep tossing out those crazy allegations, let me set you straight:

The Trump campaign did show Ms. Cruz in an unflattering light... after the Cruz campaign tried to portray Melania as a whore. Tit for tat. Time about is fair play.

The bit about killing JFK was over the top IMO...

Cruz was booed because he had been caught lying... remember his campaign told potential Carson voters that Carson had dropped out when he hadn't?

The exact quote: "When you have money, they let you grab them by their..." Consentual. An observation on how some women react to wealthy men. And a violation of his expectation of privacy from well before he ever dreamed of having to run for President.

I blame Cruz for starting the spousal mess, Trump for talking about JFK, no one (human nature) for the booing, and the DNC for violating Trump's expectation of privacy in a shameless attempt to discredit him any way they could with no regard to decorum.

Now, you happy?

Can we get back on topic?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Morgan Freeman.

Please, no. I have seen him embroiled in identity politics far too often. Identity politics is the problem.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Morgan Freeman.

Please, no. I have seen him embroiled in identity politics far too often. Identity politics is the problem.

TheRedneck

Point taken. I enjoyed his replies when he was interviewed by Don Lemon. Having said that, can you imagine how dramatic his State Of The Union speeches would be with that voice?! I know I would be glued.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I have no tolerance for the intolerant. None. I'm one of those weird Americans who hate Nazis and White Supremacists. When I see a candidate swirling up hate and encouraging those groups, using dumb childish insults, encouraging violence at his rallies, promoting chants of lock her up, or promoting torture, or suggesting we should be killing the families of terrorists, mass deporting, banning Muslims--- all to thunderous applause with the KKK and White Supremacists right there. I call a spade a spade. Those people are dumb as rocks for not even being capable of seeing what the whole world sees.

Now if you can please keep it on topic rather than these continued attacks on me.

My vote is Clooney for pres /Damon as the scrappy vice pres.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You exactly described the president and said that didn't sound like someone following their conscience.

In essence, your entire statement seems to me to come down to a simple concept:
    I'm right, and anyone who doesn't agree with me is obviously wrong.Therefore anything I say or do against those who disagree with me is fine, but anything they say or do against me is inherently wrong and a perfect excuse for me to escalate my rhetoric.

That's a long way from someone following a conscience.

We agree. Case closed.

The Rock/Michelle Obama for president.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

OK, imagining that voice in the halls of power would be awesome!

Ummm... is James Earl Jones still around? Can you go with him for a compromise?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I described your fantasy, maybe.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Look again... you exactly described the president, and you admitted that it doesn't sound like someone following their conscience. We agree.

Michelle Obama for President.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The biggest challenge to this idea... is dealing with the idea and policy BS and propaganda that has been shoveled into the mainstream psyche by media and the professional political class.

FWIW... "the powers that be" are already working on a 3rd party candidate, to bridge the gap between left and right, and appeal to independents and moderates.

Think about that for a few moments.

Why are they working on that? Because they want to control the THIRD party TOO. Love him or hate him... Trump was the closest thing to a 3rd party POTUS we have had in many decades. If you doubt that... just take a refreshing walk through the history of the last 2 years, and see how much both the establishment right/left hated the guy.

So... run a more polished good candidate, who is less petulant than Trump... and EXPECT the "politics of personal destruction" in spades. What kind of person would WANT that job? That alone makes them suspect. LOL

It needs to be someone who doesn't want it... but will do it in service to the country.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

RE: What you pointed out to SpiritualZombie...

It is stark and pretty stunning. When people that think like what SZ has articulated get power, they trample the rule of law and thousands/millions die under democide... all in the name of "virtue".

And folks wonder how the Nazi's managed to fool so many Germans.
edit on 26-10-2017 by dasman888 because: Zombie pill bugs

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888

Love him or hate him... Trump was the closest thing to a 3rd party POTUS we have had in many decades.

I'm going to go with hate him -- but also something else. Trump showed me what happens when it's not an establishment candidate. Basically a rise in hate and misogyny and racism... The doors opened and the worst of the worst came through and the Trump supporters didn't say a word. They applauded the worst of the worst and went extremely low.

So now I'm much more pro-establishment.

Next time show some standards because what I have been convinced of is this... Love them or hate them, the establishment is keeping this country from going full White Supremacist misogynist repugnant.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join