It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Olive Branch

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: 3daysgone

Who?

That is what this thread is about. Finding someone.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: windword

What if we worked together to nominate a candidate for President in 2020 that most, if not all, of us can agree upon.

Tom Hanks!

James Woods!

aha, i c wat u did der...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

What if we worked together to nominate a candidate for President in 2020 that most, if not all, of us can agree upon.

Tom Hanks!

Tom Hanks 2020

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The last thing we need is another freakin' celebrity. No.

Al Frankin!

hm. Now we're gettin' somewhere. : )

But No.

Why not? A lot of people are encouraging Al Frankin to run. I don't think he will, but I find his intellectual approach and patient intolerance for deceit so refreshing!

I wouldn't object to that at this point, but I'd like to see who else is going to be on the menu. I like Elizabeth Warren, as well as some others. I'll have to see who emerges.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

What intelligent commentary babybunnies.

The education level in Canada being much higher than it is in the US, I can see that you've been taught to view the big picture, not just react to one-liners and zingers and tweets that 'tell it like it is'.

I too despair for my fellow Americans, many of whom do not see the very edge of the bottomless pit where they presently stand, while bullying and denigrating their neighbors and gleefully encouraging the incitement of race hate. But I know that enough of them will still stand tall and fight these divisions because the fact remains that the majority of Americans know that together we stand, while divided, we are going to hell in a handbasket -- and fast.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yes, the 'far right'.

The truth? Middle America. Working America-or want to be working America-, average Americans. That's your 'far right'.

JFK would be in your 'far right'. Scoop Jackson would be in your 'far right'. MLK would be in your 'far right'.

Populist? Yes! Now defined as 'none of the above'. None of them that you support. You/they have failed us. Repeatedly, without variation.

We are done with you. Your are right about one thing, there is no turning back.

Perhaps there is one thing we can agree on and that is I hope it is resolved peacefully.

edit on 24-10-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Someone with intelligence and who can TRULY relate to the majority of Americans. Someone who is middle class, has proven successful managing skills preferably in industry, not connected to either party, preferably an Independent, a good communicator, willing to be open minded and a good listener, against lobbying, wants campaign finance reform, term limits and a simple tax system, reign in military spending and our invasive foreign policy.

Millionaires, Billionaires, Celebrities, Politicians/Career Politicians need not apply...

Recommendations could be forwarded to:

Our Last Hope for America
P.O. BOX 2020
Somewhere, USA 54321

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette

What intelligent commentary babybunnies.

The education level in Canada being much higher than it is in the US, I can see that you've been taught to view the big picture, not just react to one-liners and zingers and tweets that 'tell it like it is'.

Are you certain about that?

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'll take Tom Hanks or Bill Murry over James Woods.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There's a funny saying: If you want to become a leader find a parade and step in front of it. The problem with this country is NOT the candidates. The problem with this country is the American people. You can't have a Hitler without first having the mentality of the 1933 German people. Without the mindset of the German people Hilter would not have had any power at all.

This country will live in political misery until people evolve psychologically and spiritually. People will have to evolve beyond the base motivations of human nature. I don't see this happening anytime soon.

There used to be an idea in this country of enlightened self-interest. There used to be an idea that a rising tide lifts all boats. Nobody wants to help anyone else. It's every man for himself.

It' alright though. Something will come along that will change everything for the better. Some new technology will come along shifting the lines of power and refocusing everyone's attentions on a more positive and meaningful future. Maybe extraterrestrials will make first contact. Maybe home fusion power will become real. Maybe FTL or anti-gravity cars will be invented. I have faith in people to save the day. Love will always save the day.

edit on 24-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The problem isn't trying to find a president that everyone likes and has all the leadership qualities (a list that everyone agrees with).

The problem is getting people to agree on things period.

People on the Left insist that it's their way or the highway, and people on the Right believe the same thing.

It's because too many on both side believe that they are right in what they believe in and that there can not be any kind of compromise. It should be a give and take system, but instead it's all a take, take and take more system.

It can't be just POTUS....it has to be everyone in congress too. Even if by some miracle some POTUS that everyone seemed to like was put into office - you'd still have to deal with people in congress spending all their time trying to remove that person from office or undermine anything they wanted to get done.

Been going on for not just decades, but even longer.

So you need to not only find the right POTUS...but also 100 senators and 435 represenatives too.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

If we eliminate all of the groups who are in cahoots: politics; corporations; military; MIC; sports; entertainment...etc.
We end up eliminating a lot of popular folks.
So here's an idea: find someone who is not liked by any of the above. Someone who doesn't play their game.
The voices they want to silence.

Noam Chomsky? Chelsea Manning? A Native Elder? Mike Prysner? Jacque Fresco? The American Dali Lama?

George Carlin would have been great!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Whats wrong with our president the majority voted for?,just because a minority of liberals don't agree?,why give in to these dirt bags,only playing their game

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
The problem isn't trying to find a president that everyone likes and has all the leadership qualities (a list that everyone agrees with).

The problem is getting people to agree on things period.

People on the Left insist that it's their way or the highway, and people on the Right believe the same thing.

Absolutely not true. Democrats are infamous for being spineless. Take ACA for example. Democrats wanted to have a single payer system. But Democrats caved in and compromised accepting the ACA instead of single payer. And then Republicans get elected determined to destroy the ACA altogether. So the end result is Republicans get exactly what the want and all the Democrats are on the highway out of office.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I chose the Mud-Pit for this thread because I feel it is the forum that people can actually say what they want, how they want to say it, to a certain extent anyway.

Welcome to all who wish to join in this process.

As we all are aware of, there is a tremendous political divide in the U.S. What starts wars? Politics is one thing that starts them.

Why don't we start working together? The ATS political community.

We have been letting our differences divide us.

Wouldn't it be better to let our common interests lead us?

A total of 468 seats in the U.S. Congress (33 Senate seats and all 435 House seats) are up for election on November 6, 2018. ...

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Rand Paul w/ Bernie as VP

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You just proved my point: Simply finding a person that everyone likes for POTUS alone will not fix everything.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

I hope someday you are sick and throwing up, and somebody tapes it and puts it on the internet.
That's rude and disgusting, and probably not even real.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Frankly, I think you are delusional, but that's just me ... The sides are irreconcilable and neither is willling to cede soveriegnty to the other.

Those of us who refuse to take sides also refuse to cede our rights and liberties to anyone the other sides put up.

Our only "common interest" is financial.

Doubtless, 2020 will be a horrendous disaster that may well precipitate the Big Reset.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity
a reply to: dfnj2015

You just proved my point: Simply finding a person that everyone likes for POTUS alone will not fix everything.

No, you just proved my point! You said Democrats never compromise. I showed you the evidence that they do. But you refuse to change your point of view because you are a Republican!

edit on 25-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join