It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Olive Branch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Maybe Oprah?

Okay. Do you think she has the qualities you are looking for in a President?

So far I haven't been REALLY impressed with any past presidents...why? too many lies...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Who would make a good President ?

1) Someone who would always put the Country's best interest ahead of that of their own
2) Someone who has zero vested interest themselves in the result of any decision
3) Someone non religious. Take God out of the equation.
4) Someone non emotional. Logic should best emotional decisions every single time
5) Someone who can't be swayed by sentiment or lost causes
6) Someone who can't be swayed by lobbyists.

Basically, Data, from Star Trek, or an Artificial Intelligence programmed with the entire laws of the Nation, Constitution, SCOTUS rulings, and the Bill of Rights.
edit on 24-10-2017 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't want a leader, I want to control my own destiny.

The fn scam of choice needs to be changed. Manipulate the crowd enough to keep them occupied.

We can realtime post our pets pictures, but we have to rely on a bunch of crusty power hungry s-heads to with their own agendas, bad budget scams and embezzlement of tax dollars.

Think we've had enough of the "representation"

The internet and instant communication is here, time to use it to shape our futures, not watch a few play crash n profit over and over while increasing average taxation to 50% of their lives work.

Politics are getting exhausting, dividing and annoying, while a few get rich.

When in reality, they should all be in the prisons they built for us.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
No use in trying to come together as a nation, in regards to politics, unless we get more people to take the time to become better informed and most importantly, they learn to be honest.

There are too many among us that approach politics in a similar manner as football fans do. They don't care about the truth or doing the right thing. They just want their team to win, no matter what they have to do to get that win, and will do everything in their power to tear down the other side in the process.

Until we can get people past the neanderthal-like thinking, we are just coming together to yell at each other a bit more.

This thread isn't for you then. It is only for the one's who think that we can come together.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Princess Diana would have made for a great President in that case.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I find the division is a necessary component of disseminating angles and ideas. We should all look for the good in it and embrace it instead of running from it.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I find the division is a necessary component of disseminating angles and ideas. We should all look for the good in it and embrace it instead of running from it.

Good point.

link   

Or bring Woodstock back

link   
Tulsi Gabbard.
At least we could kiss her. Imagine trying to kiss Hillary.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No use in trying to come together as a nation, in regards to politics, unless we get more people to take the time to become better informed and most importantly, they learn to be honest.

There are too many among us that approach politics in a similar manner as football fans do. They don't care about the truth or doing the right thing. They just want their team to win, no matter what they have to do to get that win, and will do everything in their power to tear down the other side in the process.

Until we can get people past the neanderthal-like thinking, we are just coming together to yell at each other a bit more.

This thread isn't for you then. It is only for the one's who think that we can come together.

You may be correct. I'm not one to believe in pipe dreams.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

1) Someone who would always put the Country's best interest ahead of that of their own

Agreed.

2) Someone who has zero vested interest themselves in the result of any decision

Agreed, unless the vested interest helps all citizens.

3) Someone non religious. Take God out of the equation.

I disagree with that one. We already have a separation of church and state.

4) Someone non emotional. Logic should best emotional decisions every single time

I disagree with that one also. Empathy can be a good thing.

5) Someone who can't be swayed by sentiment or lost causes

I am not sure about this one. I withhold my decision.

6) Someone who can't be swayed by lobbyists.

Agreed.

3 out of 6 in common.

link   

Sure but to this extent which could destroy the country? You can only stretch the rubber band so far.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Tulsi Gabbard.

Ewwwww

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Tulsi Gabbard.

Where is a mod with a ban hammer when you need one?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

You may be correct. I'm not one to believe in pipe dreams.

Neither am I.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Tulsi Gabbard.

I think that is a very good candidate.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sure but to this extent which could destroy the country? You can only stretch the rubber band so far.

What will destroy the country is people not being able to handle the debate. Where conversation ends violence begins.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Dude, that's not the transparency I was talking about

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: denybedoomed
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Ever hear "Oval Room" by Blaze Foley?

No. Do I need to?

YES. Can't embed, but its on yt.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yes that is true, but when the division is leading us nowhere, what is the answer then?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join