It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FBI’s Political Meddling

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Let’s give plausible accounts of the known facts, then explain why demands that Robert Mueller recuse himself from the Russia investigation may not be the fanciful partisan grandstanding you imagine.

The agency, when Mr. Mueller headed it, soft-pedaled an investigation highly embarrassing to Mrs. Clinton as well as the Obama Russia reset policy. More recently, if just one of two things is true—Russia sponsored the Trump Dossier, or Russian fake intelligence prompted Mr. Comey’s email intervention—then Russian operations, via their impact on the FBI, influenced and continue to influence our politics in a way far more consequential than any Facebook ad, the preoccupation of John McCain, who apparently cannot behold a mountain if there’s a molehill anywhere nearby.

Which means that Mr. Mueller has the means, motive and opportunity to obfuscate and distract from matters embarrassing to the FBI, while pleasing a large part of the political spectrum. He need only confine his focus to the flimsy, disingenuous but popular (with the media) accusation that the shambolic Trump campaign colluded with the Kremlin.

www.wsj.com...

This piece outlines the case as to how incompetent and political the FBI has been in recent years, and shows why it may not be wise to have anyone connected to them (like Comey or Mueller) lead these investigations.

It outlines using the Steele dossier, Comey falling for a fake Russia document to get involved in the Hillary email case, and now there involvement in the investigation behind the people in the Uranium One deal.

It shows how they both helped Hillary and Trump at times.

Remember Schumer warning that the intelligence commubnity has many ways to get back at people?

Well now, either through incompetence or corruption, it looks possible that the FBI made have acted in very political ways.

And now when we have questions about all of these issues, we have the very people that were originally involved investigating these situations.

Say it was just incompetence, not corruption.

Say comey did follishly fall for the Steele dossier and the document that was a Russian plant to get him in the hillary email investigation.

Say Mueller did bungle up the sting on the people involved with Uranium one.

Do we really think they should be leading the investigation into the matter, or other people that were in the FBI that were involved?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Is how it will go

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They were "following orders" from Lynch/Obama perhaps?

The FBI are not the top of the Tree of Corruption.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I think that the words incompetent and political are far to light in this case.

The FBI is insidious and deceitful and clearly have been corrupted to the core. This is not a new phenomena, it is actually quite historic.

One of the great things that has been done throughout the election till now is that this rogue agency has been exposed as to its true nature.

The FBI and other agencies have been nothing more than guard dogs of the worst DC politicians for decades. The only way that they shall earn my respects is when they expose the deep state in all its glory.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

This piece outlines the case as to how incompetent and political the FBI has been in recent years

In recent years? More like during the entirety of its existence. The FBI, since its inception, has worked in a corrupt fashion toward its, or its director's own personal ends with little to no regard for the US Constitution or the best interests of the nation. It, along with the other so-called intelligence agencies, needs to be tossed out the window.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The agency, when Mr. Mueller headed it, soft-pedaled an investigation highly embarrassing to Mrs. Clinton as well as the Obama Russia reset policy.

Saying that the agency soft-pedaled the Mikerin investigation is, at this point, disingenuous. There's been absolutely no evidence presented thus far to support that in the least. And how would it have been embarrassing to Clinton, the "Obama Russia reset policy" or really, anyone?

I don't think that anyone is giving high marks to Comey on the whole. Different sides have defended different of his actions but if we're being objective, he really mishandled things last year all the way around. That's not to say that had he played ball with Trump, that he wouldn't still have his job.

The argument that Mueller might cover up for Comey's incompetence to protect the FBI from embarrassment is better but now both the FBI's handling of the Mikerin investigation and Comey's handling of the Clinton email case (etc?) are subjects of Congressional probes.

If anything comes up that requires an independent counsel with no direct ties to the FBI (where are we finding this cryptid?) to investigate the FBI itself, I think I could get behind that. In fact, I'd like to see the apparent leaks to Giuliani and whatshisface probed too.

Do we need to blow up the Russian meddling investigation to do that because Comey might have himself been influenced by Russian disinfo? I guess it depends on how significant an aspect of the overall investigation into Russian meddling you think it is and whether or not Mueller is capable of being objective when it comes to something that would reflect poorly on the FBI or Comey.

I don't think it's enough to remove Mueller. I think what we have here is an element of the GOP trying to derail the investigation. To what end? I can only speculate. Slow it down? Hope that they can push the end of it until after the mid-terms? Kill it altogether? Have Mueller replaced with somebody who will play ball with them?

Let's get the Mikerin thing rolling. If something comes out of it that seriously suggests wrong doing and an involvement by Mueller, then we cross that bridge when we get to it.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I agree with the majority of this post.

Unless damning evidence comes up about Mueller, he should be allowed to continue his investigation.

However, I would like to see an investigation from an outsider into the FBI.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I just posted this story in the other thread that is picking up steam tonight.

How is Mueller gonna juggle being a Special Prosecutor and defendant at the same time?
For the first time in history, a Special Prosecutor will clear himself of any wrong doing.

top topics

join