It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian Cleric set to win in Iraqi elections

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So while the western world has been rife with speculations about an impending attack on Iran it appears that the evil ones have been hard at work positioning themselves to deal a final blow to their old enemies nextdoor and reinstate a Persian dominion over Mesopotamia.

The coalition lead by Grand Ayatollah Sayyid Ali Husaini Sistani according to the partial results released is far ahead with over half of the total votes. The kurds are in second and Allawi in third. So much for a flourishing democracy...

Hopefully now the real war on terrorism will regain the focus of our attention and all these distractions will be put aside.

Cheers to the winner of the free and fair elections of iraq

[edit on 11-2-2005 by transient]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
You don't hear much about the result of the elections or how is going to impact theocracy in Iraq, or if this theocracy will be leaning to democracy or radical, but coming from Iran I guess that it will be a copy of it.

Will the theocracy be banning christianity?

But Bush supporters will tell you that "the got elections" or " got to chose their leader" or " that is what democracy is about it"

In Iran women are third class citizens and they don't vote.

I can wait to see who will be the next prime minister.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The people have spoken. At least those that actually voted. Glad to see the voters got what they wanted. For now anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It was al-Sistani who instructed his followers to vote, issuing a fatwa, or religious edict, that it was a "religious duty" to participate in the election. And it was al-Sistani who united them under the umbrella of a coalition of Shiite parties, ensuring that Shiites voted for the same slate of candidates.

I don't know where this is going but sure as hell it's not in the direction of western secularism.

Some of Sistani's views:

"Is shaking hands with girls permissible under Islam?" (Answer: "No") and "Is playing chess allowed?" (Answer: "It is absolutely forbidden.")

source

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes they also kill girls for being promiscuous so it seems that Islam has another victory on the middle east, finally they got rid of Saddam and they can bring the cleric rule into Iraq.

Sep

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
In Iran women are third class citizens and they don't vote.

Women cannot vote? That is all news to me. From what I heard there are women representatives in the parliament or Majlis. Do you have a source for your claim?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Women cannot vote? That is all news to me. From what I heard there are women representatives in the parliament or Majlis. Do you have a source for your claim?

Well that's news to me too.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Muslims cant play chess?

That will come as a suprise to the ones I play chess with (maybe thats why I beat them so easy)

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I hate this man

The faction of Ali = donkeys

bye to sleep

Sep

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well that's news to me too.

They were alowed to vote since 1963.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ayatollah Ali Sistani isn't calling for an islamic republic in Iraq like Iran .
Inspite of his iranian roots , this don't mean that he will follow the path of Ayatullah Ali Khamenei the leader of IRI .
Ayatullah al Sistani have a quietist approach than the "Absolute Guardianship of the Jurisprudent " applicated in Iran .

According to his views , there is no islamic republic before the appearance of Imam Mahdi (pbuh) . Until then , the state and the religion are separated .
Something like : " Render therefore Caesar’s things unto Caesar, and God’s things to God "

Ayatollah Ali Sistani believes Iraq's new constitution should respect what he described as the Islamic cultural identity of Iraqis.
And he approved that Islam is a source of legislation and no law contradicting Islamic tenets may be passed.

news.bbc.co.uk...

The source of legislation would be islam , as social and economical subjects like marriage , divorce , inheritance , crimes , and others have their rules in islamic law .
A country of muslim majority would have constitution that don't opposes muslims' believes . Other sects have their own rulings in the constituition according to their religions .

Under an islamic republic in Iraq , veil will not be obligatory , but a code of dress will be issued (like in any other country even USA) . Alcohols will be banned in islamic cities like Najaf , Karbala , Kufa , and others and it will be strictly sold in special places . Sex and playboy magazines and channels will be strictly banned as they aren't acceptable by all the iraqi people .
Nothing is obligatory in islam as "there is no compulsion in religion" [2:256] .

Originally posted by transient
Some of Sistani's views:

"Is shaking hands with girls permissible under Islam?" (Answer: "No") and "Is playing chess allowed?" (Answer: "It is absolutely forbidden.")

source

These are not the views for Ayatullah Sistani alone , hand shaking girls are forbidden by all shia scholars , chess is forbidden by the majority of them .

You are talking about shia "fiqh" that is for only shiites and this don't affect you anyway .

An islamic republic in Iraq don't mean that the people can't handshake girls or playing chess , but what you called "views" are religious fatwas for shiites only .

marg6043 ,
I urge you to look over these hadiths (narrations) on the status of women in islam , that Ayatlullah Ali al Sistani and other Ayatullahs , following these and similar narrations will do their best to improve the status of women and to preserve her rights in all the world .

Imam Saadiq (A) is reported as saying: “The Messenger of Allah (S) said: the best of the children are the girls: (for they are) soothing, amiable, blissful.”

Imam Saadiq (A) is reported as saying: “The Messenger of Allah (S) said: he who provides maintenance and sustenance for three daughters or three sisters, his entrance to heaven is guaranteed. The Messenger of Allah (S) was asked what about two? He said even two. He was asked what if only one, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied even if only one.”

Imam Saadiq (A) said: “he who provides maintenance for and sustains two daughters or two sisters, or two aunties, they will protect him from the hellfire.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying: “he who has three daughters and has persevered over their hardship, distress and happiness they will protect him on the day of judgement.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying: “he who sustained and provided for three daughters or three sisters and persevered with their hardship until they marry or pass away, then he and I are like these two, pointing to his index and middle fingers.” The Messenger of Allah (S) was asked what if there were two, he (A) replied even if two. He was asked again what if there was one, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied even if one.

In a conversation with Imam Saadiq (A) one of his companions expressed his disappointment that his wife has given birth to a baby girl. Imam Saadiq (A) said to him “you may be unhappy about this” but Allah states:

“Ye know not whether your parents or your children are nearest to you in benefit.”[28]

In another report, a man was with the Messenger of Allah (S) when he was informed that his wife had given birth to a baby girl. He was visibly unhappy and the Messenger of Allah (S) asked him for the reason for this. The man told him of the news. The Messenger of Allah (S) said to the man “the earth supports her, the sky shelters her, Allah sustains her and she is a reyhaaneh (sweet smelling plant).”

One of the companions of Imam Saadiq (A) said that the Imam protested to me saying “I have heard that you are displeased with your daughter. What has she done to you? She is like a reyhaaneh (sweet smelling plant) who is sustained by Allah, and the Messenger of Allah (S) was the father of many daughters.”

In another report, one of the companions, whose wife had given birth to a baby girl, went to see Imam Saadiq. When the Imam saw him unhappy about it asked him “If Allah had revealed to you that either I choose for you or you choose for yourself, which one would you opt for? The man replied I would say O Lord you choose for me. The Imam then replied “Allah has chosen for you.” The Imam then went on to say “In the story of Moses who accompanied the guide/scholar who killed the son of the family as reported in the Qur’an: “So we desired that their Lord would give them in exchange (a son) better in purity (of conduct) and closer in affection.”[29] Allah replaced the son with a daughter whom amongst her off springs there was seventy prophets.

In another report, one of the companions of Imam Saadiq said to the Imam “I have many daughters. The Imam said you might wish that they died. If you wish that they died they would die, you will not be rewarded on the day of judgement and when you meet your Lord you will do so while you are disobedient.

Imam Ridha (A) reports that the Messenger of Allah (S) said: Allah Almighty is kinder to the female than the male, and any man who pleases a woman who is mahram[30] to him, Allah will please him on the day of judgement.

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “He who had a daughter, Allah will help and support him, and (Allah) would aid him in his resurrection and would forgive him.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “He who maintains and provides sustenance for three daughters, he will be given three gardens in the heaven, each of which is bigger than the world and whatever in it.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “He who has one daughter, she would be better for him than one thousand Hajj pilgrimages[31], and one thousand jihad in the cause of Allah, and one thousand camels . . . .

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “The best of offsprings are daughters (who adhere to) wearing Hijaab, and he who has one daughter, Allah will make her his protection from the hellfire. And he who has two daughters, by them Allah will admit him into heaven. And he who has three daughters or three sisters, Allah will wave his duty if Jihad and (giving) charity.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “The best of your children are your daughters”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “there is no house with girls in it but descends upon it every day 12 blessings and mercy from heaven; and the visits by angels to that house does not stop. Every day and every night they (the angels) record for the father of the girls the prayers and worship of the entire year.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “He who provides maintenance for and sustains one or two daughters, on the day of judgement he will be with me like these two, [pointing to his index and middle fingers aligned together.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “He who buys gifts and carries them to his family, (his reward is as if) he is carrying charity to the needy. When he gives the presents, he should start with the females before the males. Truly he who pleases a daughter it is as if he frees a slave of the sons of Ismael, and he who pleases (his) son, it is as if he weeps in fear of Allah, and he who weeps in fear of Allah, Allah admits him into the heaven. ”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “he who has a daughter and he does not neglect and does not insult her and does not favour his son over her, Allah admits him in heaven.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “the best of you (are those who are) the best to your wives and daughters”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “(The Archangel) Gabriel continued to command me about the issue of women to the extent that I started to suspect that divorcing them is going to be banned (on instruction from Allah the Almighty).”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “woman is a reyhanah (delicate being) and not a qahramanah (tough warrior)”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying, “Suffice a man the sin of abandoning those whom he provides for.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “My brother (Archangel) Gabriel has informed me, and he continues to advise me about women to the point that I began to suspect that her husband is not allowed to say Fie (UF – a word of contempt) to her. (Archangel Gabriel said) O Muhammad, (tell your people to) Fear Allah the Almighty in (their treatment of) women, for they are (a responsibility) in your hands. You have taken them on the trust of Allah the Almighty, and you were lawfully allowed to approach them by the word of Allah and His book, and by the tradition and the law of Muhammad ibn Abdullah (A). They have a mandatory right upon you for the lawful permission you have to touch them. They carry your children in their bodies until overwhelmed by the pain of labour. Therefore be kind to them and make them happy so that they stand by you. Do not force women and do not annoy them. Do not take from them anything that you have given them unless with their permission and that of their family.

Imam Saadiq (A) is reported as saying “In one evening thirty women came to the Messenger of Allah (S) complaining to him about their husbands. The Messenger of Allah (S) said “Truly those (husbands) are not amongst your best.””

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “A man is the guardian of his household, and every custodian is responsible for his flock, and the woman is the custodian of her husband’s wealth and responsible for it.”

Imam Kadhem (A) quotes Amir-ul-Mu’minin (A) instructing his followers “By Allah, by Allah (take care about) women and the slaves (under your order), for the final words of the Messenger of Allah (S) were: “I instruct you about the two weak (individuals), the women and the slaves.””

There also many other traditions and reports which instruct us about giving more favour and kindness to mothers than fathers, for the mother being affectionate and sentimental and therefore needs more care and attention.

Imam Sajjad (A) reports that a man said to the Messenger of Allah (S) “O Messenger of Allah, there was not a foul deed but I have done it, is there any way for to repent? The Messenger of Allah (S) said is any of your parents alive? The man replied my father. The Messenger of Allah (S) said to the man: Go and be kind to him. When the man left the Messenger of Allah (S) said, “if only his mother was alive.”

Imam Ridha is reported as saying “Be sure that the right of the mother is the most obligatory of rights and most mandatory. For she carried when no one would carry anyone, and this is at a time when her eyes and ears and every part of her body were wholeheartedly happy about that. She carried him with all the difficulties that it entails which no one can bear. She accepts hunger and thirst so that he is fed, she accepts that he is protected at her cost, and he is shaded and she is not, therefore all thanks be to her and kindness and affection be to her. Truly you would not be able to thank her enough except with the help of Allah.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “The Heaven is at the feet the mother.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “At the feet of the mother is a garden from the gardens of the heaven.”

The Messenger of Allah (S) is reported as saying “If you were in a voluntary prayer, and if your father called you do not interrupt your prayers, if your mother called you, interrupt your prayers.”

It is reported that a man asked the Messenger of Allah (S) “whom shall I be kind to?” The Messenger of Allah (S) replied “To your mother.” The man asked then whom, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied “your mother”, the man again asked then whom, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied “your mother”, the man asked again then whom, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied “your father, and then other relatives, starting from the nearest ones.”

It is reported that the Messenger of Allah (S) was asked about the right of the father, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied, “(His right is) to obey him as long as he lives.” He was asked, “what about the right of the mother? The Messenger of Allah (S) replied, “How impossible! How impossible! If the days of the world were equal to the number of the sand grains of the desert of Alaj, as well as the number of the rain drops, and he served his mother during this time, it would not equal one day she carried him in her womb.”

It is reported that a man asked the Messenger of Allah (S) “who has most right to my best friendship?”, the Messenger of Allah (S) replied, “Your mother” The man asked then whom? “Your mother” The man again asked then whom? “Your father”.

www.shirazi.org.uk...

[edit on 12-2-2005 by XLEGIONS]

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
So, how long till Bush says he is a threat and invades Iraq to remove this guy? Well, won't need to invade, already there.

new topics

top topics

join