It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"AZ Senator Jeff Flake: Mr. President, I rise today to say - enough."

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Jeff Flake ran as a conservative republican.
He is not as his actions in the Senate have proven. He is or was facing a primary opponent and was way behind in the polls for his own seat. This is why he quit!!!
Not because he suddenly realized that Trump is evil, he's not, but because he was probably going to lose reelection anyway so why bother to run again?
Late last week two aides of Kelli Ward, Flakes would be primary opponent, quit and trashed her very publicly. The tactic must not have worked out as good a Flake wanted it to.
What the attacks on Trump should show you is that draining the swamp will not be easy and the "Deep State" will not go down easily!!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Let me begin by noting a somewhat obvious point that these offices that we hold are not ours to hold indefinitely

He should be directing that line at his quarter century sitting Senators and House Rep. establishment peers. Like McCain, Graham, Feinstein and a host of others that seem to only be good at draining our budget with their decades long rule. The New Founding fathers are here, and they are not going anywhere until at least 2024. In that time, I certainly hope this country sees the fundamental shift in principals we have needed for decades. I don't just hope, I believe it will happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I feel sorry for Trump. I mean I don't like him and I wish he'd go away, but I just can't help feel sorry for him. Nearly everything he says in public makes him sound dumb. Everyone disparaging him on all sides. It's sad... I mean SAD.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You said “hate war” not that they should take a hair less aggressive foreign policy lol...

I think your last part says it all...

Hillary was absolutely a neo con ..at least forien policy wise and obama was a moderate, afraid of making waves and tarnishing the first black president thing...

There is no “right “ or “left”... at least not in the sense that people use the words..

There is this or that group of media figures or corporate donors.. but there isn’t a mailing list everyone is on where you get a left or right wing memo depending on if you are pro life or pro choice.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

I would feel sorry for him if he didn’t start it the vast majority of the time...

I would have felt sorry for all the fake sexual assault allegations the media was allowing on the air, but he had just brought 3 fake rape accuser to the debate, so...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Let me begin by noting a somewhat obvious point that these offices that we hold are not ours to hold indefinitely

He should be directing that line at his quarter century sitting Senators and House Rep. establishment peers. Like McCain, Graham, Feinstein and a host of others that seem to only be good at draining our budget with their decades long rule. The New Founding fathers are here, and they are not going anywhere until at least 2024. In that time, I certainly hope this country sees the fundamental shift in principals we have needed for decades. I don't just hope, I believe it will happen.

I totally agree. I tend to not vote for incumbents. Damn sure won't be voting for Trump again. But, hopefully, he won't be on the ballot.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: pavil

Thwarted change?!?!

They lost every branch of government.. the gop has carte blanch to do whatever they want.

I speak of the change with Sanders rather than the past with Clinton. That change. Remember that?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Newsflash: Establishment GOP doesn't like Trump. FIlm at 11.

So you think it's just incomprehensible that there are Republicans who find Trump abhorrent as a human being, having nothing to do with their tenure in politics?

Is it an "establishment" thing to think that it's wrong that our President can't make it through three sentences without lying at least once?

Yes. Because the nihilistic, Bannon wing of the GOP isn't happy unless they are pissing in the play pool just for laughs. They turn a blind eye to misogyny, racism, and criminal behavior - as long as the one doing it is giving the middle finger to our institutions and sensibilities.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by]Gryphon66

Two sides, one party.

On that,we agree.

Way too many nested quotes in this thread.

I look at Trump changing the status quo. How else do we eliminate two party rule?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

The problem is that the nation was faced with a binary choice.

Most everyone knew that Trump was a bit of an idiot, but he was chosen over what many if not most have discerned as an evil intent and design on the Hillary side of the equation.

He's right, Flake is, in his speech, but if we're only talking about Trump's tweets here, then the context is a little off kilter.

We have to judge by the fruits, not just economic, but in terms of overall awareness and comprehension.

Trump has served, wittingly and unwittingly, to raise this awareness and we all knew what beast was lurking in the shadows of this global "new word order".

What's wrong with an enlightened mutual self interest as the guiding principal of an American ideal and global framework or order?

Trump needs to smarten up, yeah, but this isn't all about him, and he'd better damn well know that and learn it quickly, because his shenanigans are starting to wear rather thin.

To condemn him (Trump) however, isn't in alignment with the principals that he, Flake, was extoling.

Trump has a lot to learn, and indeed he's starting to fray the ties that bind the nation together, but isn't Trump hatred and fear and loathing not also to blame, that irrational and emotionally biased reaction/response to what amounts to a bad and poorly conceived twitter strategy.

Trump is like a child in many ways, and his conduct betrays his character, while the base fill the blind spot.

It's a mutual responsibility to a higher degree of awareness and true and authentic Civility and Civil discourse.

That's the conversation that the American people are being invited by history to have.

But hating Trump as the starting point an argument in favor of the everything the country stands for, does not an argument make.

Trump too must be held to account for his conduct and he needs to smarten up and get to work instead of fawning over his base on twitter, and he has to learn to take the higher road, sure.

But that's just a personality trait or character disorder of a personal kind on the part of the person who happens to hold the office.

To debase the person in the position of President of the United States, before the world, while calling for a type of mutiny on the part of the senate and congress, that undermines the office of the Presidency, even moreso than bad tweets by Trump.

Flake is making a mountain out of a molehill, and in so doing it's fundamentally disingenuous imho, and somewhat unfair to a new President who's still trying to get his legs under him and come to grips with the nature of his position and role as a public servant rather than a celebrity figure of adulation with some sort of narcissistic self obsession which is tarnishing the office as well. He's got to look at that.

There's a lot of learning to go around and it's a great conversation.

I for one am grateful that Hillary didn't get in, and that because of Trump's ridiculousness everyone's awareness is rising and turning to look at what's really relevant, and I would like to think that Trump is also listening to what we're asking for, those who only want what's best and who are not concerned with sharpening a political blade no matter how beautifully framed as with Senator Flake here.

It's over the top in the final analysis.

Give Trump a chance.

Best,

Ankh

edit on 24-10-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Were all too young to remember the McCarthy era. Many equate the Trump era with it.

A lawyer from Boston was the one who took McCarthy down in a famous retort to him in a senate hearing.

Flake referred to that

Think of Trump while listening to this

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Trump is a great man. He saved us from HRC and the uranium scandal, the jfk files being dropped it's gonna be bad news for Clintons and company.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's a lovely thing to witness...

The destruction of the UNIPARTY... a party that started with Bush SR.. and continued through Obama...

After all the wasted arguing LEFT V RIGHT.. perhaps in the end, WE will stay engaged, and elect folks that will fight

US.... and not their Big Money Donors...

After all...

The PEOPLE have the power...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: ketsuko
And conspiracy theory:

This is how the Republicans plan to lose the Senate.

They quit.

You might not be far off.

Trumps approval ratings are at 35-40% depending on who you ask, pretty much the worse approval ratings of any POTUS, the consensus seems to be growing that he is one of the worst presidents ever.

The Republicans could be crapping themselves that after four years of Trump the party could be destroyed and as such their plan might be to spin it. They, the republicans, take action to remove him, such as them quitting, and spin it as them being the ones to get rid of Trump, for the good of the nation, despite party politics because the Democrats were to weak to act.

Been my theory from the git-go, and I've said it here on ATS.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Desperation...

Flake is McCains protege...

I wouldn't be surprised if Flake delivered that HRC DNC paid for dossier to BuzzFeed...

HIs speech today will go down in history, just not in the way the left and MSM are portraying it...

RATS jumping ship......

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Two sides, one party.

On that,we agree.

I look at Trump changing the status quo. How else do we eliminate two party rule?

Actually Trump is the greatest thing that ever happened to the democrats by fragmenting the GOP into an ineffectual assortment of pissy old men.

The neocons are laughing their ass off....they along with the 3 letters have Trump between a rock and a hard place; they are completely comfortable watching him perform the clown dance.
edit on 24-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: pavil

Two sides, one party.

On that,we agree.

Actually Trump is the greatest thing that ever happened to the democrats by fragmenting the GOP into an ineffectual assortment of pissy old men.

The neocons are laughing their ass off....

That we will see. Fragmented the GOP into controlling all of the executive and Legislative Branches. The Democrats need to evolve or they will face a similar fate.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

All the talk from conservatives saying the Democratic party was imploding. It sure looks like the Republican party is doing exactly that. Trump has not only divided America, he's hurt and divided his own party.

Isn't it interesting when politicians retire or when they have an incurable cancer they seem to break away from towing the party line and say what's on their minds. Imagine if we had term limits!! More politicians would speak their minds knowing their term is ending and they didn't have to win voters over to stay in office! This is just a glimpse of how close- mouthed and self-centered our politicians really are!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I just wonder when the dems are gonna start cleaning their own house.

Doesn't it seem like only the repubs are trying to do that?

Thanks to Trump, these leeches can't haunt the hallways of the Hill after they leave.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: 200Plus

What I mean is Trump is not a real Republican and certainly not a conservative. He's a populist, maybe not even that. More like an agitator. And an ass. Among other even more unseemly and opportunistic traits.

Well....everyone complained about only 2 Parties.

Now they are still complaining?

People like Flakey Puff can't deal with non conformity.

How about we try a government that actually works for "We The People" for a few years?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join