It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"AZ Senator Jeff Flake: Mr. President, I rise today to say - enough."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The biggest problem this country has in terminal incumbents on both sides. No one likes them, but everyone likes his or her own Congresscritters.
Do you see?

Oh I see alright...people love their rhetoric even more than the politicians do it seems.
edit on 24-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Imho trump is a result of unfulfilled gop promises..mainly of the conspiracy theory kind...

The gop pretends like their opponent is running some global conspiracy and if only the gop would get elected then they would finally make hillary/obama/whoever pay for their crimes..

Then a gop lead commission finds no wrong doing..

So either;

A) the gop were lying about their crimes to begin with ..

B) the gop is in on it..

Trump is a result of their base deciding to go with option B.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The same way someone like Bernie Sanders looses to someone like Hillary Clinton.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

It's speaks volumes that the only way to hold on to true Republican philosophy and conservative values is to leave the party.

The true Republican philosophy is to sucker conservatives into subservience via their lip service, where being corporatist suck up's / minions / stooges whole sole purpose is career politicks held by being elitist torchbearers marching to the agenda set out by the Ruling Establishment Robberbarrons, where just like the "Democrat's" (all of the above except for suckering the liberals) the real game is keeping the US divided & conquered with this phoney left/right BS...

And that is a far bigger problem than any old standing POTUS. The POTUS' change but the Congress hardly. And if we do get anything resembling an outsider well they crush them. Trump at least resembles an outsider, and they tried to crush him. Ron Paul was an outsider to TPTB Club, and they CRUSHED him twice over.

Love or hate Trump, that Charlottesville nightmare, he got up there and told the truth said the radicals from both sides are evil or whatever and the GOP got up and howled & scoffed. Cant have the divide & conquer game chipped away at.

Who wants to bet this guy wasn't one of those that howled & scoffed about that?
edit on 24-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
a reply to: Gryphon66

How do you know? I didn't offer an opinion on you. Just your dumb ass statement.

It's like saying don't buy that house because you'll never be able to paint it the way you want.

Actually, it's not anything "like" that.

I can only offer an opinion of your words here because I don't know you, the person.

That is so fundamental I thought it was obvious.

Very well, I'll clarify: I have the same opinion of your dumb-ass statements. Clear?

Peachy.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Newsflash: Establishment GOP doesn't like Trump. FIlm at 11.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: kosmicjack

Dumb ass republicans like this guy don't seem to realize that trump is a direct result of their complete lack of leadership over the last decade.

I'd say he's more a direct result of their decades of identity politicking starting with Nixon.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If there were a TEA Party of the left it would've been Occupy Wall St. However, it being a true grassroots protest it had zero interest in political action. Which...in my opinion...was a terrible, terrible mistake for the left/liberal movement in this country.

Republican voters are much, much more wishy-washy on where they stand on issues. They don't really stand for much of anything it seems, unless it's partisan and opposite of what 'the other side' feels.

Syrian air strikes

Religion

The economy

Vladimir Putin

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

So you think it's just incomprehensible that there are Republicans who find Trump abhorrent as a human being, having nothing to do with their tenure in politics?

Is it an "establishment" thing to think that it's wrong that our President can't make it through three sentences without lying at least once?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Pee pee film? please no!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

So you think it's just incomprehensible that there are Republicans who find Trump abhorrent as a human being, having nothing to do with their tenure in politics?

Let's break that down...

Yes, I think there are Republicans who don't like Trump

I think 'abhorrent as a human being' is pretty dang hyperbolic... about as much as the term 'deplorable'

And I don't think that the tenure of Republicans in politics necessarily has anything to do with their potential dislike of Trump.

That said, I think Flake is establishment and he doesn't like Trump. I think pointing out that Fake does not like Trump really isn't value added to a conversation. So I think I made a sarcastic remark about the situation.

Is it an "establishment" thing to think that it's wrong that our President can't make it through three sentences without lying at least once?

I think that is more hyperbole.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: ketsuko

The biggest problem this country has in terminal incumbents on both sides. No one likes them, but everyone likes his or her own Congresscritters.
Do you see?

Oh I see alright...people love their rhetoric even more than the politicians do it seems.

More like everyone likes their own local guy or gal. Don't ask me why.

The person in Nancy Pelosi's district thinks she's great, but likely still thinks terminal incumbents are a huge issue and can't figure out why someone like Thad Cochrane is still getting elected. Meanwhile, people in Cochrane's district are up in arms over incumbents and don't understand how Pelosi keeps getting in year after year.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at this list and tell me what the problem is. We all know incumbents are bad, everyone says so, but at the same time, nearly everyone on this list leaves because they die or choose to, not because the aren't re-elected.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Thwarted change?!?!

They lost every branch of government.. the gop has carte blanch to do whatever they want.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Someone comes out to speak against discord using discord ?
Damn.
Wonder what Flake is hiding in his closet he is terrified that will come to the light of day under the Trump Admin
Or , perhaps he was speaking out for illegal aliens ? Maybe he wants Sanctuary Cities ? It is Az ya know...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Maybe because democrats don’t actually hate war and that is just the cartoon conservative stereotype ???

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Personally I'm glad to see some thinking moderates in the GOP loving truth more than the lies from the twitter in chief.

Flake voted with Trump but eventually saw thru his BS.

Trumps tweets show his true character or lack there of.

twitter.com...
edit on 24-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Good luck with any new information coming out of the trump administration....

The worst thing that could ever happen is trump made some first contact type reveal..

He lies so often no one would believe him...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Trump insulted so many of the GOP during the campaign, who can blame them for not trusting him.

And if he can't even unify his own party...Trump is basically SOL! believe me.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Grambler

Maybe because democrats don’t actually hate war and that is just the cartoon conservative stereotype ???

I disagree.

I know many people who idenitify as democrat that are tired of aall of this nation building.

I am a conservative that is tired of it.

Yet somehow they keep getting crap candidates that are basically neocons like Obama and Hillary.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Meh.

Another one bites the dust.

Trump will inform the rest of the world on how much of a useless unsuccessful low IQ lame duck this guy was his entire career sometime around 3am EDT when he gets up tonight to use the potty.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join