It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"AZ Senator Jeff Flake: Mr. President, I rise today to say - enough."

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The party will be destroyed because they aren't doing things the people want them to do.

Who cares what Trump's popularity is? Looking at the issue of illegal immigration, it is one that even Democrats want solved. Border security is high on everyone's list - like 60% high, but we can't do that now because of Trump? The man is not the issue.

Obamacare is killing the middle class. It's plain as day, but they can't do anything about that because of Trump? That's bull too.

No. It's pretty clear the Republicans are just mainly their to play the game as losers and not to actually be in charge and run the ideas they get elected on. If they actually were, this stuff would be through already.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: kosmicjack

Dumb ass republicans like this guy don't seem to realize that trump is a direct result of their complete lack of leadership over the last decade.

Yes. Republicans and useless Democrats too..... But does it make the current state of affairs any better ??? Really it does ?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

true Republican philosophy and conservative values

he was going to lose majorly in the primaries next year, could play a large part in this grandstanding today.

Even so, presidents spend much less time in office than senators. Maybe he ought to address the deep state instead.

I have a feeling the DS has more influence and will be around juuuuuuuust a bit longer than Trump.

Let's not forget whose fault this is...Hillary's!!

ha!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The idea that Trump is a Republican and stands for traditional Republican values is simply inaccurate and anyone who ever believed that he did is, IMO, mistaken. The same could be said for Hillary representing traditional Democratic values.

+3 more 
link   
Good Riddance, he read the tea leaves and instead of losing to Kelli Ward in next years primary, he will step away...

IT's not about civility Flake, it's about doing the work for the PEOPLE...

No more taxpayer cookie jar for you!

One down, One to go... Go Arizona!!!!

Now, if only Sen McConnell would do the same...

+3 more 
link   

I would love to see the GOP reclaim the sanity that they lost after Obama took office. The party is in such bad shape they didn't even half ass an attempt at a candidate, and let Trump (of all people) to take the reins from their own horse.

The GOP can give lip service all day (they're good at it, afterall). But unless they can muster up some leadership (that isn't Ted Cruz), i don't see them doing anything.

I mean seriously...they lost the election. Sure, their ticket won...but he just walked in and took their ticket away from them. SO they still lost. Think about that...what kind of pansy ass weakling do you have to be that someone can walk in the room and just take your game away from you?

The GOP should have listened to the original Tea Party, the libertarians that were there originally before the GOP sent folks in to take it over from the inside. Liberty, freedom, and an economic ability to pursue happiness...this is all that their base really wants. And they muted the faction within their party that was wanting to pursue those objectives.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
www.reuters.com... 223

www.washingtonpost.com... ing-house/?utm_term=.07c9f1a7a6ad

Such a good man.

edit on 24-10-2017 by thesaneone because: Link broke

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here Here! Let's get some true conservative Tea Party folks in there to replace these clowns.

Republican incumbents better start quitting because come election time they are going to get ousted by new fresh conservative faces.

Oh, you couldn't get Obamacare repealed? Gone. You didn't support tax cuts? Gone. Might as well have a D by your name.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Good Riddance, he read the tea leaves and instead of losing to Kelli Ward in next years primary, he will step away...

well posted!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

well posted!

The Flake Corker soap opera is not affecting the real world one bit. Stock market closed at yet another record high today.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
www.reuters.com... 223

www.washingtonpost.com... ing-house/?utm_term=.07c9f1a7a6ad

Such a good man.

Your first link is 404'd.

The second link is about his son being in charge temporarily of a dog boarding house when the dogs died. The owners of the boarding house then tried to cover it up by telling people their dogs had run away.

Im not seeing any reflection on the Senator in that incident.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Tea Party?

That's so ten years ago. That's the "Liberty, freedom, and an economic ability to pursue happiness" or common sense wing that BFFT was referring to. We are waaaay past that. We've crossed into Deconstruction, bordering on Anarchy.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I would not argue against a single word of that post at all.

Trump is what Trump needs to be to get what Trump wants.

What bothers me is the fact that Trump was a Democrat until a few weeks/month before the primaries. As you said he is not a real republican (nor a conservative). So, what is it that Trump wants?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: redtic

this man sounds like a true leader and a man of integrity, both of which, leadership and integrity, Trump sorely lacks. I can see it now - Trump's 6th grade response, via twitter of course - "Flakey Jeff Flake can't take it and is quitting" What the hell kind of nation are we living in now.

Do some reading on Flake, maybe you will edit your butt kissing of Flake then.

Nope not a chance. I'm talking specifically about his speech and he was spot on.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hey, when the going gets tough, Flake!

Good riddance in my opinion. The guy is just another pop-culture teat sucker with the wool pulled over his eyes. A weak excuse for a person who would rather place blame and quit instead of work to solve a problem. Work, try, maybe fail, but don't quit. If you believe in something you should fight for it. Trump should spank him and put him in the corner for an hour, that's how they did it in the good ol' days.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As the GOP disintegrates and falls into eating their own....and good men not wanting to go down with Trump titanic, bailing out....who's next?

The Democrats become more unified, watch their coffers swell, high fives and happy dancin waiting for 18.

The cluster f+++ know as the Trump WH, won't even be able to mount a cohesive campaign. And no one to blame but themselves...believe me!

The Republicans used to be respected by the Corporate Oligarchy, now they don't trust the GOP to be able to do anything but point fingers and whine.

edit on 24-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thank you Mr Trump, clearing the swamp one slimeball at a time.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
It's speaks volumes that the only way to hold on to true Republican philosophy and conservative values is to leave the party.

What are you talking about? McCain, Flake, Corker, Murkowski, Collins... these were all the rank and file RINOs long before Trump even entered the picture. Conservatives and defenders of Republicanism aren't the ones leaving, it's the sheep in wolves' clothing that are tucking their tails and fleeing and my God, it's an answer to years of prayers. Traditional Conservatives have not and do not want these limp wristed frauds in our party. It's a wonderful thing to see them leaving, moving aside so actual honest to God conservatives can replace them in the primaries and then in the general elections.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
As the GOP disintegrates and falls into eating their own....and good men not wanting to go down with Trump titanic and bailing out....

The Democrats become more unified, watch their coffers swell, high fives and happy dancin waiting for 18.

The cluster f+++ know as the Trump WH, won't even be able to mount a cohesive campaign. And no one to blame but themselves...believe me!

LOL, how long are you going to beat that dead horse narrative? That message, albeit with a couple of different players at the forefront, has been the same for the past 6 years... and each election and midterm, the opposite has happened. But please, by all means continue to bludgeon that old rotting mare.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Dumb ass republicans like this guy don't seem to realize that trump is a direct result of their complete lack of leadership over the last decade.

This guy was part of the problem not part of the solution. I don't support globalists regardless of party.

Drain the swamp and good riddance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join