It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Trump administration to lease 77 million acres in Gulf of Mexico

page: 1
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

The Trump administration said Tuesday that it will sell leases for some 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling, the largest sale of offshore leases in U.S. history.

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke said the sale, scheduled for March, would open an area the size of New Mexico to drilling, including all unleased areas on the Gulf's outer continental shelf. The Gulf's outer continental shelf is estimated to hold recoverable reserves of more than 48 billion barrels of oil and 141 trillion cubic feet of gas.

Link


I imagine it's the central and western gulf. Florida doesn't want the mess near it.

Good news is the gulf is messy now so a little more won't hurt. Oil industry jobs may ramp up.

Need to find where and who about the leases.




posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The sale of leases will be in March.


The proposed region-wide lease sale covers 77 million acres in federal waters in the Gulf of Mexico, off the coasts of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida.

The sale is scheduled for March and includes all available unleased areas on the Gulf's Outer Continental Shelf, the department said.

Link



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Drill Baby Drill...

Is that deeper regions of the gulf, where they stopped drilling because of dangers associated with blow outs?

See Deepwater Horizon Gulf Spill.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I sure hope they do not lessen environmental regulations on that or liability of the corporations. Although I do not approve of the way people scammed BP money, I still think that reasonable liability should exist. I bet half of BP money wound up in the hands of deceivers.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The Gulf states better get ready for an environmental disaster. The EPA has been gutted by the Trump admin.

www.rollingstone.com...

Trump has even allowed drilling in National Parks.

www.blueridgeoutdoors.com...


edit on 24-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

the US was leasing $2 million off shore oil rigs to none other than Saudi Arabia (and this was years and years ago), according to Michael Ruppert's "Collapse"
book

These leases could be going to anyone. Dare I say it... RUSSIANS!??! lol




edit on 24-10-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I wonder if the Chinese will be around. US companies should be doing the work, but that's just me. Let quality US workers have employment.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: roadgravel

Is that deeper regions of the gulf, where they stopped drilling because of dangers associated with blow outs?

See Deepwater Horizon Gulf Spill.


There were several poor decisions that lead to that disaster. Hopefully lessons learned. There many leaks out in the gulf every year but most don't end up with that level of disaster.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I might have missed it... looking through all the links, but lease it from Who... ?



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
...but lease it from Who... ?


From the United States since it is most likely inside our economic exclusive zone.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sure hope they do not lessen environmental regulations on that or liability of the corporations. Although I do not approve of the way people scammed BP money, I still think that reasonable liability should exist. I bet half of BP money wound up in the hands of deceivers.
3


I bet there are more people with legitimate claims that were never paid then fraudulent claims paid. I still know people who have real claims and have never been paid a dime. Whenever there is a large settlement or class action lawsuits with big companies they use a pay out formula.

Something like pay out 60% of all claims made no matter what and never pay the rest of the 40% or draw them out so ling they give up. They have been using this formula for years. When 60% are satisfied it makes the other 40% with real claims who never got paid just look like cry babies.


F BP and the Coast Guard who willfully poisoned people to protect profits.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Basically the US government is opening all the rest of the lease area in the Gulf of Mexico.



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This makes me sick. I was preparing to move back to St. Pete Beach in January. Now I may go to the Atlantic side of Florida.

I was in Florida in Clearwater during the oil spill and barely missed that catastrophe. I may have to mobilize against this.

If I didn't hate Trump before I hate him now. Guess he doesn't care as his property Mar-a-Lago is on the Atlantic side.

He just lost Florida-and it may get ugly-and I hope it does-impeach that prick. Who knows where else he is selling us out. Russia?



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What could go wrong?



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A lot of fault lines there. Could get serious real quick



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the Trump administration is on track to give all of us a bright future.
more deregulation please. please more.
make us great again!



posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: rickymouse
I sure hope they do not lessen environmental regulations on that or liability of the corporations. Although I do not approve of the way people scammed BP money, I still think that reasonable liability should exist. I bet half of BP money wound up in the hands of deceivers.
3


I bet there are more people with legitimate claims that were never paid then fraudulent claims paid. I still know people who have real claims and have never been paid a dime. Whenever there is a large settlement or class action lawsuits with big companies they use a pay out formula.

Something like pay out 60% of all claims made no matter what and never pay the rest of the 40% or draw them out so ling they give up. They have been using this formula for years. When 60% are satisfied it makes the other 40% with real claims who never got paid just look like cry babies.


F BP and the Coast Guard who willfully poisoned people to protect profits.


There were a lot of people making big false claims and because things like that happen, a lot of people with legitimate claims do not collect a penny. I really hate the people who abuse the system we have. There were a few of them caught during BP's payout, but the scammers were trying to get public opinion against BP and because of that, they paid claims that were fraudulent. That actually happens a real lot nowadays, before the number of people doing that kind of stuff were way less.

I tried to follow through when that was happening and found that many of the people raising a stink were actually trying to get way more than they lost. The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

This new world is full of scammers and people trying to swindle or steal. Technology and communication through the net actually aids these people. You have to worry now about someone stealing your savings and applying for credit in your name. Then the lender sends a lawsuit out and tags your deed with a lean even though you never heard anything about it because all correspondence goes to the fake address. I have registered at the courthouse to try to keep this from happening, I want to leave our property to my kids, not to a credit card company who believed a deceiver.



posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: roadgravel

Is that deeper regions of the gulf, where they stopped drilling because of dangers associated with blow outs?

See Deepwater Horizon Gulf Spill.


There were several poor decisions that lead to that disaster. Hopefully lessons learned. There many leaks out in the gulf every year but most don't end up with that level of disaster.

The reason the Gulf oil spill was so catastrophic was because it was deeper. Not deeper in the seabed, deeper under water. At those ocean depths any leak is under terrific pressure, making it harder to stop.



posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
the Trump administration is on track to give all of us a bright future.
more deregulation please. please more.
make us great again!



The citizens should be well protected. Just look who took over the EPA.

www.rawstory.com...



posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr



The reason the Gulf oil spill was so catastrophic was because it was deeper. Not deeper in the seabed, deeper under water.


It has much to due with the formation's structure, oil and gas content and depth.

It's not just because of the water depth.

The whole disaster could have been avoided.



new topics

top topics



 
9
<<   2 >>

log in

join