It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified object seen near Southside Hills in St. John's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You can the object/firball streak down and it looks like a possible impact. But a witness says he did not hear an impact-but he was in a bar.

A camera near the waterfront captured the moment the light streaked down over the harbour sky. From its vantage point, the light appears to end with a flash just beyond the hills.

Andrew Wilkins was eating in a bar, he say the object streak toward the earth. But he heard no boom of an impact, but he admits the bar was noisy.

Andrew Wilkins was eating dinner at a downtown St. John's pub, looking out over the city's iconic harbour, when a flash of green light caught his attention.

"The whole sky just lit up," he said. "It was coming in on a 45 degree angle, coming down to the right."
He paused to determine if he could hear a crash, but the noisy chatter of the busy pub prevented him from hearing any sound the flash of light may have made.
www.cbc.ca...

krista, another witness saw the object and said it was the largest she has ever seen. She also thought there would be a boom, but she heard none.

Across town, Krista Godfrey was sitting in her living room and gazing out the window at her view of the city.

"I can, on a good day, kind of see Signal Hill," she said, describing her vantage point.

"[It was] certainly the biggest thing I'd ever seen in terms of a meteor or meteorite," Godfrey said. "I kept waiting to see if there would be a boom coming with it. But nothing happened."

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It lit up the sky, but that could have been hundreds of miles away. It might have never hit the ground. Meteors are tricky little rocks.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
China's space station was supposed to come down any day now.

Either that or a flying saucer.

Only possible explanations.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
China's space station was supposed to come down any day now.

Either that or a flying saucer.

Only possible explanations.
w

No, I think It was a meteorite. Pretty sure.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It may have just disappeared behind a cloud bank, giving the impression it hit ground.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Pretty cool, that flare up looked pretty high on the horizon. Maybe got obscured by clouds or broke apart, probably not an impact though.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

I have seen 2 really good meteors. One was green and the other a yellow green. Now of course I have seen the little slices of light in the night sky, but only 2 nice ones.

join