It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman sweats blood from face and palms in rare and mysterious condition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Woman sweats blood from face and palms in rare and mysterious condition
www.ibtimes.co.uk...

A mysterious and rare condition has caused a woman to spontaneously sweat blood from her face and palms for years, in a case that reportedly left doctors baffled. A 21-year-old Italian woman, without any injuries or skin lesions, reported to doctors that over the past three years, she has been sweating blood spontaneously in episodes that lasted between one to five minutes. The woman reported that the bleeding would often begin during some physical activity or even during sleep, with intensifying bouts when she was stressed.

The rare condition was published as a case study in the Canadian Medical Journal. Doctors Roberto Maglie and Marzia Caproni wrote that the patient reported symptoms of depression, self-isolation and panic disorder. The doctors eventually diagnosed the patient as having an incredibly rare condition called hematohidrosis, which is known to cause blood to spontaneously ooze out from intact skin.

The patient was treated with beta blockers and antidepressents. Although the drugs reduced some of the episodes of blood sweating, it was not completely stopped.

Although the condition has been medically reported for centuries, dating back to the writings of Aristotle, some experts have previously been sceptical of its existence.

No one knows what causes the condition

The likely causes of the bleeding as well as any methods to stop it, still remain a mystery.

Now this would be something I would not like to experience personally. Scary thought to wake up with blood everywhere and not know how it happens. Though there is no known cause or relative cure for the disease, I think this story sheds some awareness of some of the disorders out there in the world and that not everyone enjoys perfect health in the world.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

imagine waking from a bad dream "sweaty" and blood soaked sheets...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Beta blockers and antidepressants would probably do little to actually fix this condition. That treatment was more for relaxing the women so they don't complain. I have not studied this condition yet. I would tend to believe that lowering sulfur thiols and blood thinning foods from the diet might be a better alternative. Pineapple thins blood, so do some foods containing proteinases. Those proteinases are often denatured by heat. Too much nitrogen compounds can increase circulation near the skin which can bring too much blood there too. It would be a hereditary condition, enzymes to properly detox the symptoms might be reduced by epigenetics. Possibly altering the diet can make the symptoms disappear, but without some genetic information on enzymes production, I can not even start to guess how to fix this.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
(Luke 22:44) But he was in such agony that he kept praying more earnestly; and his sweat became as drops of blood falling to the ground.

On the night Jesus was arrested to be put to death he was praying and in great anxiety. It is speculated that the stress and anxiety in him created the condition of hematidrosis, or sweat blood.

I don't know if that is the case with this woman, but it may be stress related.

It has an interesting side effect in that it tends to numb the nerves a little, and some speculate that it was a way of God preparing his son to face the physical suffering he was about to go through.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FloatingBubbles
(Luke 22:44) But he was in such agony that he kept praying more earnestly; and his sweat became as drops of blood falling to the ground.

On the night Jesus was arrested to be put to death he was praying and in great anxiety. It is speculated that the stress and anxiety in him created the condition of hematidrosis, or sweat blood.

I don't know if that is the case with this woman, but it may be stress related.

It has an interesting side effect in that it tends to numb the nerves a little, and some speculate that it was a way of God preparing his son to face the physical suffering he was about to go through.

Would it have not been better for God to tell his son to get the hell out of there?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: micpsi

Peter told him he would not have the fate he would suffer. Jesus said that Peter was speaking for Satan as his thoughts were those of man not those of God:

(Matthew 16:21-23) . . ., Jesus began explaining to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes and be killed, and on the third day be raised up. 22 At this Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, saying: “Be kind to yourself, Lord; you will not have this happen to you at all.” 23 But turning his back, he said to Peter: “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me, because you think, not God’s thoughts, but those of men.”

new topics

top topics

join