It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's first climate-controlled domed city to be built in Dubai

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
World's first climate-controlled domed city to be built in Dubai

Dubai has announced plans to build the first climate-controlled city on the planet. The area, constructed under a huge glass dome, will accommodate the world's largest shopping center, over 100 hotels, and a wellness district for medical tourists.

Now that I would LOVE to see! I can't imagine the engineering it's going to take but they've got the cash to do it.

According to Dubai Holding, the Sheikh's property arm, "tourists will be able to enjoy a week-long stay without the need to leave the City or use a car. The 7 km (4.3 miles) long promenades connecting all facilities will be covered during the summer and open during the winter, ensuring pleasant temperatures throughout the year."

The project will feature the world’s largest mall and indoor park, as well as a theater area and wellness resorts. It will have the capacity to host over 180 million visitors annually.

For tourists huh? Well I guess that makes sense. Not like their lower cast people's would have the money to go there - and keeps all the non Arabs out of their faces. ???

Anyway, I heard something about Google's new Dome Campus slash Greenhouse has been given the stamp of approval also.

The future of work, according to Google, will take place in woodland glades and wildflower meadows, next to trickling streams and verdant allotments, among bike paths and yoga classes and gushing fountains, with fresh produce on tap. It will be a pastoral utopia-with-WiFi, all safely swept beneath a series of gigantic glass tents.

So - here comes the domes! I hope I'm around long enough to see some of them for real.

peace

edit on 3917Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: add pic

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This was certain to happen. I think it is a Very exciting project and the shape of things to come, pun intended.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I am just so glad our Oil consumption and wars helped buy these domes so they can survive all the environmental catastrophes...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Anybody else see a future episode of engineering disasters?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

A neighboring town of mine in little ole' Vermont almost had a Dome built around it way back in the 1970s! That's cool they plan to actually do this in our modern era. I used to laugh at the premise of Winooski, Vermont having a dome over it but look who's laughing now Entire Vermont Town Was Almost Covered In A Giant Dome To Stay Warm

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ever watch the Stephen King series that ran on CBS a while back called "The Dome"?

That didn't turn out so well...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Domes, eh? I always figured humankind would eventually wind up underground.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Yeah, I've been thinking about the drawbacks since I started writing the post.

What a prison. A rather nice one but a prison - possibly - none the less.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

How cool is that! I lived in S. Strafford for years.

Lil' ol Winooski under a dome - and Steven King living only a we bit north.

Wow.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I always figured humankind would eventually wind up underground.

That happens after the nuclear fallout. We haven't gotten there yet

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk
Ever watch the Stephen King series that ran on CBS a while back called "The Dome"?

That didn't turn out so well...

Is this it?

Under the Dome
2013 TV-14 Rated TV-14 3 seasons
rated 4.0 stars

Average of 94503 ratings: 4 stars

This chilling "what if" drama is based on Stephen King's novel about a small American town that is suddenly encased in an impassable force field. Cut off from the rest of the world, the residents of Chester Mill struggle to maintain their

oh, source Netflix

edit on 10/24/2017 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I will go out on a limb and predict problems ahead for the dome.

Remember the Biosphere 2 experiments?
Biosphere 2

Biosphere 2 was only used twice for its original intended purposes as a closed-system experiment: once from 1991 to 1993, and the second time from March to September 1994. Both attempts, though heavily publicized, ran into problems including low amounts of food and oxygen, die-offs of many animals and plants included in the experiment, squabbling among the resident scientists, and management issues.

Then there was the 'Biodome'....

Bio-Dome

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Good time to invest in Windex stocks.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Countdown until a plane crashes into it has begun.

This is the same reason we can't build Atlantis.

Terrorists.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The elite are building themselves a domed city now? Does this make anyone else nervous?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

There you are!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Is this the prototype of the Elysium space station from the movie Elysium?
edit on 10/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I work a lot and have a busy love life now lol. Posting from phone so not on much since little time to get into things like I used to.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

We need this tech for our survival in the long run.

Now we just need to deserve to survive.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Reminds me of Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars Trilogy!

Shame it's in Dubai and not somewhere a bit nicer.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join