It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devil went down to Australia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Dear God,

Please forgive my trangressions and save me from this monster. I can't take my eyes off it, please save me!

P.S. The back door's open. Just let yourself in... and make it stop!!!

Source

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Nope. Just NOPE !!

I live there and have not, nor do I wish to come face to face with one !

I have faced funnel web and red back spiders, king brown snakes and drop bears; I do not want to come across that !!!
edit on 24-10-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I think it's kinda cute.

Australia has some of the most diverse critters on the planet, and there are some that use their beauty as a defense mechanism. But tourists need to be wary of the Drop Bear and the Kangawallifox, they may look cute but they will gnaw your arm off while you sleep...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Australia always looks kinda nice on the postcards and tourist films. It's all a lie! I'm scared, I'm scared enough to admit it and I am never going there, ever!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Here is more info on the Drop Bear if you plan on making a trip to Australia

The Drop bear (Polaris Australis) is the largest living carnivorous marsupial on the mainland of Australia. It's name roughly translates to 'bear of the south' in Latin. It is closely related to the herbivorous Koala and the name 'Drop Bear' is attributed to it's method of attack, as it drops out of a tree on it's unsuspecting victim. It usually feeds on rodents but there have been unsubstantiated reports of Drop bears attacking humans.

Apparently smearing yourself with tea tree oil wards off attacks, but an elder from the fakawi tribe insists that boiled yams smothered on the skin after cooling is the best deterrent.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Case in point ... Blue Ringed Octopus.

So pretty ... so very fatal !

Cone shells, stone fish, Irudkanji jellyfish , portuguese man'o'war ... the list goes on.

Australia - Beautiful but wants your soul !

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

What a fascinating creature!

It almost seems unbelievable that those tentacles can be stowed away during flight, to facilitate the free movement of the wings! And yet, that would seem to be the case! Incredible!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

When I first saw this moth, I thought it must have some sort of parasite attached to it.

Nope, it’s normal, and very wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

To add ... the Fakawi tribe travels through the night ... settling before dawn.

At first light, the chief / head of the tribe emerges from their slumber to face East and proclaim ...

" We're the Fakawi !! "

Other tribal blow in's heed this call.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I immediately thought CGI or some hoax, but apparently it's very real and like you say, oh so very wrong! If I lived in Australia I would try not to leave the house I reckon. I'm not a creepy-crawler lover at the best of times.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

As an happy outsider to your dangerous shores, what does the average Australian do when encountering such scary and dangerous creatures as you have outlined? Run away? Close/open the door and hope it goes away? Call the authorities? The wife? Apart from utter terror, I really would have no idea what to do, except possibly just run. I'm old and slow though...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Far worse things have come from Australia, I've even had a run in or two with one of them on this site.

edit on 24-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I'm one of those weirdos that likes insects but...BUT...this may be too much for even me!
Aieeeee!
Middle of the night, outside terrors!
It is really fantastic though, like some sort of Alien creature.

Now, the redneck in me has this song playing in my head! (Charlie Daniels)
The Devil went down to Australia Georgia,
He was looking for a soul to steal
He was in a bind, 'cause he was way behind,
He was willing to make a deal

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I don't want you to think of this thing crawling into your ear tonight and laying eggs because it's not going to happen.

Not even tonight at roughly 2:14AM.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I too was thinking of that Charlie Daniels song when I titled this thread. I know ATS protocol says we should use the original title when posting but a, this isn't news (it's more of an unholy revelation) and b, I thought my title was better.

Being honest, I too would sign any deal with anyone, thing or demon that could save me from this monster. I know it's just waiting for its moment. To pounce...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Use your shoe Luke ...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think it's freaky and I like it a lot.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Far worse things have come from Australia, I've even has a run in or two with one of them on this site.

It's funny you mention it but a lot of members do not use their profile to give an idea of their geographical location. I don't need GPS coordinates but it does make the conversation easier when conversing with people from another country, depending on the topic at hand.

It also makes it easier to pick them out in a line and check their clothing for bugs! I wish I had never started this, I'm going to have nightmares tonight. Great whites, mambos, redbacks, jellyfish, stonefish and now this. I'm sure I left out Koalas willing to claw you to death, the drop bears and punching kangaroos and probably more than one species of aggressive bird....bah!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I think it's freaky and I like it a lot.

I don't trust you at all now. You have bugs on your head. You look all serene but that could just be the hive mind that has taken you over.....

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Our Pelicans have teeth !

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join