It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals jump over border fence — as MSNBC reports on Trump wall!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Oh really? Would you care to come and explain that to the knuckle dragging lackwits in UKIP and Britain First then? They seem to be having a devil of a job occupying the moral high ground, as a result of the fact that they express the very same nonsensical attitudes toward border defence, that some Americans do, to whit "machine gun the lot of them".

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

And another thing...

A civilisation which cannot exist without being barbaric, does not deserve to exist.

Yeah. Go talk to the Dali Lama about that point. You seem to get carried away with your opinions such that they lead you off into non-substance.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Asylum seekers. So if I sneak into Canada can I be called an asylum seeker?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds like MSNBC just proved that a wall won't stop illegals from getting across the border. "A low wall didn't stop them and they climbed over? Let's build a BIGGER wall!" Lol. Trump supporter logic.
edit on 24-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

well...interesting.

You libs just crack me up...

so a meter high wall doesnt work...and somehow...you think that supports the notion that a 10 meter high wall will be equally inefficient ??

wow...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Why would it be more efficient? Do you think that suddenly they won't be able to climb a taller wall? A person's climbing skills only work for 3 meters or so then after that they just fall off huh?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I stated this before, I will restate it now.

Davis-Monthan AFB has dozens of the most formidable border agents ever. They are called A-10s.

Mark off a 10 mile "no mans land" fence... anything that crosses that stretch of land will experience the business end of a GAU-8.

That crap will end in an instant. Guaranteed.

Let’s murder people because a mouth breather on the internet says so. Sounds pretty legit.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why would it be more efficient? Do you think that suddenly they won't be able to climb a taller wall? A person's climbing skills only work for 3 meters or so then after that they just fall off huh?

hmmm...I'm guessing then...changing hurdles height at the olympics also wont matter. Because you know...if I can jump a meter high hurdle...i can jump two or three meters too...makes no difference to me...because I know how to jump. Sky is the limit for us humans...

we just dont take no for an answer.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Pole vaulting or hurdling is not the same skill as climbing... That's like saying you can't hit a target with a gun because you suck at throwing knives.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Nah we have ladders and rope and alternative means of entering the US via air or sea. As far as I'm aware there's a few miles of hostile desert separating the US from Mexico, if a natural mile thick potentially deadly barrier won't stop people then spending billions making a wall a bit higher would have little impact if any and people smugglers will take at most a week to change up and adapt.

It doesn't achieve anything apart from making wall builders rich.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Haha - I'm guessing he's not got a lot of experience climbing things... and seems to think humans can climb like geckos or something?? Bit baffling...

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

mmm ok.

let's get down to it...

so you feel...not being an expert climber...that to you...it's all the same whether you just need to cross over a fence a meter high...or if there is a smooth wall 5 meters high.

You think...that success rate of people crossing over will be the same ?

okey dokey man. You said it.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It's either staged or those people are the least observant and motivated yet. Make it all that way to the border and don't notice men, horses and activity all around.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This wall will show us how resourceful man can be. People will defeat it but most likely at numbers less then seen before.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Where there is a will there is a way. It's not like the wall is even necessary in the first place. Hopping the wall isn't the way most illegals enter the country anyways. So even if the new wall stops people, it won't really curb the actual illegal immigration trend any. Probably just waste a boat load of money and time.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
At the end of the day, having a well-constructed 10m wall will undoubtedly put a stop on a good chunk of illegals from crossing - at which point - it's successfully doing it's job (it doesn't have to put a stop to 100% for it to be deemed a "success").

But the thing is, when you got a wall like that - it allows for the utilization of advanced technology, such as cameras, sensors, drones, etc, which will again make protecting the border that much more effective. If done properly - you certainly won't see anyone "climbing" over the wall without some kind of sensor alerting patrols to the location and probably within moments having live video feed via automatically deployed drones.

It'd be piss easy to put a halt on just about 100% of crossings - once the wall and technology is fully implemented.
edit on 24/10/17 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

It symbolic. It will be greater then the wall in China...

We'll hear all about it in tweets in a few years.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

A symbolic waste of money that represents closed mindedness. AWESOME!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
If it stops 100K people, looks like we'll be spending 150K to 200K per person, may be more per person. Great deal for someone.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If it stops 100K people, looks like we'll be spending 150K to 200K per person, may be more per person. Great deal for someone.

That only sounds good in theory, but I don't know if you've noticed but Americans tend to be very judgemental about wasted tax money. If we spent big bucks on a border wall and it stops few extra people Americans will QUICKLY turn on the wall as a huge waste of tax money. Liberals are already not on your side and they outnumber conservatives in the country so you guys are already at a disadvantage on the popularity front for this government project.

Do you think the one or two drug users drug testing welfare recipients catches is worth all the lost tax money when states implement those types of policies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join