It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fox and Friends' dresses black child up as watermelon-racism everwhere

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I'm sorry but this is the fakest outrage I've ever heard. How is dressing up like a watermelon racist??? Seriously stupid. The only racists here are the alarmists who think this is racist.

I'm sorry but the majority of liberals do not agree this is racist. The outrage is probably 100% faked by conservatives to paint liberals in a negative light. Completely manufactured nonsense.
edit on 10 24 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I love that the kid has a sense of humor.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
this just in ... white kid dressed as a cracker for halloween segment on B.E.T. ....

do you think there would be outrage and a post about it on ATS? i think so.

people get offended on all sides for everything these days.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
this just in ... white kid dressed as a cracker for halloween segment on B.E.T. ....

do you think there would be outrage and a post about it on ATS? i think so.

people get offended on all sides for everything these days.

What if that white kid wasn't really white, like the "black kid" in the video?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

well then you get a double whammy..implied racism and cultural appropriation.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

well then you get a double whammy..implied racism and cultural appropriation.

LOL

My wife and I love to make fun of the concept of cultural appropriation.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Is the other kid dressed as a banana? He is dressed all in yellow. WTH does a watermelon have to do with racism? I love watermelons, also love bananas, strawberries, grapes. I eat all of them pretty much every day. Lots of kids love watermelon. As a kid growing up in Spain with my cousins, we would eat watermelons on summers in their summer home in Toledo very frequently throughout summer. We couldn't get enough watermelon.

If the kid in the op chose to dress as a watermelon, because he loves it, does that really makes the kid racist?... Or is it simply that there are people who want to scream "racism" more so when they can link this to "Fox and friends"?...

Should we "ban watermelons" and should we "ban kids from dressing as watermelon" because some people still think it is racism?... To tell you the truth this is nothing but BS, and trying to stir, and link something that really has nothing to do with "racism"...

edit on 24-10-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Lol,mince again we see there is no level of racism the right will ignore. Until they are caught that is.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: carewemust

Of course there's nothing offensive about this video but a few random Twitter users who get triggered seem to trigger other people for some reason.

Always being mad or outraged over the smallest and pettiest crap must get exhausting.

Really.
You're right, but it makes me wonder.....just who ARE these people anyway? And if they are truly this emotional, however in the world do they hold a job?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Lol,mince again we see there is no level of racism the right will ignore. Until they are caught that is.

it's fake news, fox didn't dress these kids, a parenting magazine did and was the guest spot that morning.

Fox probably didn't even think anything about it until all the fake outrage started.
Taking the fear out of making kids' Halloween costumesfrom Parents Magazine editor-in-chief

edit on 24-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

You're right, but it makes me wonder.....just who ARE these people anyway? And if they are truly this emotional, however in the world do they hold a job?

Bingo.
Those tweets are obviously designed to trigger people.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Like, all this is really about is to create and maintain, a state of outrage, division, and confusion.

Me, I just don't play that game anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Like, all this is really about is to create and maintain, a state of outrage, division, and confusion.

Me, I just don't play that game anymore.

Yep. We keep going deeper and deeper into the rabbit hole.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
M.i.n.d. c.o.n.t.r.o.l...dot dot dot.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wish people would stop peddling this petty BS on this site. Who gives a #?

This

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What about the poor blond girl in the rainbow do they think because she's blond she has mental problems?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's racist to suggest a black kid can't dress up as a watermelon for Halloween.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Is the other kid dressed as a banana? He is dressed all in yellow. WTH does a watermelon have to do with racism? I love watermelons, also love bananas, strawberries, grapes. I eat all of them pretty much every day. Lots of kids love watermelon. As a kid growing up in Spain with my cousins, we would eat watermelons on summers in their summer home in Toledo very frequently throughout summer. We couldn't get enough watermelon.

Well you were all just a bunch of blatant racists!!

How dare you eat watermelon. What are you, Hitler?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I never understood the whole Watermelon / fried chicken / grape soda thing being linked to black people. I've never met a white / latino / asian person in my life that didn't enjoy watermelon or fried chicken. I see people not eating it for health reasons, but linking that to a racial group is flat out dumb. Where did that even come from? Kids love watermelon, regardless of race.
edit on 10 25 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs
I never understood the whole Watermelon / fried chicken / grape soda thing being linked to black people. I've never met a white / latino / asian person in my life that didn't enjoy watermelon or fried chicken. I see people not eating it for health reasons, but linking that to a racial group is flat out dumb. Where did that even come from? Kids love watermelon, regardless of race.

It's a long history. I agree that people need to forget it and move on.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join