It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fox and Friends' dresses black child up as watermelon-racism everwhere

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: seasonal

I don't see anything wrong with this...cute kid though.

I bet Podesta would like to take a bite out of the little melon.

What does your statement imply or mean?
Remember baseless accusations are very not allowed on ATS.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
OH GREATwhat kind of"RACE BATING " activism is THIS crap?
WE DON'T want information on racially subjective, emotional reactions by the way ..GOTTA have a REAL REASON .
How people feel about skin is a waste of air ,unless medically related in the REAL world, aside from activists and actual attack victims from their opposite demographic with the same validity.
WE aren't them.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If it is not near a Detroit firehouse then it is probably OK.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Why are watermelons bad? And fried chicken? I never figured that out. Both are standard southern foods. How did they get made into negative stereotype foods?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Why are watermelons bad? And fried chicken? I never figured that out. Both are standard southern foods. How did they get made into negative stereotype foods?

Long history.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Lucas doesn't look black. He looks Hispanic. It's not racist towards black people, but watermelon pickers. And besides there were two fruits, so it had to counter act the "racism" context.

If he is black, then he is half or maybe a third as he isn't that dark (no offense). That'd should make it 1/2 or 1/3 racist.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If he is black, then he is half or maybe a third as he isn't that dark (no offense). That'd should make it 1/2 or 1/3 racist.
a reply to: luciferslight

Guess we will have to ask Barack Obama.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Mexicans are pretty good workers.

Represent, little boy!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
376 views and probably half from ATS. Why TF is this a thread?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

They are not . In the South . Just to the Northerners and Foreigners . Everyone here (GASP even the Russians) loves watermelons and fried chicken.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: redtic

Yet you comment.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

They should’ve dressed him up as a piece of fried chicken or a can of grape soda.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Looks to me like the folks making a big deal about this are so-called "conservatives" or "alt-right" or "Trumpinistas" to me.

You guys are making a bigger deal among yourselves than anyone actually left-leaning...

Such is the alt-right echo chamber though....

...whatever you gotta tell yourselves to reinforce your beliefs I guess.
edit on 23-10-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
OH GREATwhat kind of"RACE BATING " activism is THIS crap?
WE DON'T want information on racially subjective, emotional reactions by the way ..GOTTA have a REAL REASON .
How people feel about skin is a waste of air ,unless medically related in the REAL world, aside from activists and actual attack victims from their opposite demographic with the same validity.
WE aren't them.

I asked myself the same question.

The people on here the most up in arms seem to be the anti progressive/Trump/conservative crowd.

Seems they got race baited pretty badly.

This thread is proof positive of that...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

They should’ve dressed him up as a piece of fried chicken or a can of grape soda.

I wouldn't recommend that. Especially if Hillary is there.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Yet you comment.

Only to comment on the ridiculousness of it, which is typical. The very first reply got it right - manufactured outrage. A lone nutjob in youtube land creates a nonsense video about fox being racist because a latino kid is in a watermelon costume, it gets dozens of views, and you pick it out to feign your outrage at "us liberals". Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The only ones having racist inclinations are the ones reacting to a kid in a watermelon costume. It’s the first thing their minds race to.

Does that include all the right-wingers here that are busy losing their collective #? Man...talk about triggered!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

2nd comment.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: carewemust

Of course there's nothing offensive about this video but a few random Twitter users who get triggered seem to trigger other people for some reason.

Always being mad or outraged over the smallest and pettiest crap must get exhausting.

But it's good for distracting them from WINNING something!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It has to be an oversight to let a black kid wear a homemade water Mellon costume. Only when you see racism everywhere.
It has to be racism, no other explanation.

In what one would hope was just a terrible oversight, Fox & Friends this weekend aired a Halloween segment that featured children in various cute costumes -- including a black child dressed as a watermelon slice.

A homemade Halloween costume is RACIST. I guess watermelon is off the costume for black kids for ever.

While the clip is racking up attention online, it's only the latest in a string of uncomfortable situations for Fox News: On Saturday, the New York Times revealed that the network renewed now ex-host Bill O'Reilly's contract despite knowing that he'd recently issued a $32 million payout to a sexual harassment accuser.
www.aol.com... 251798/

People reacted using twitter and were reacting harshly-one said it was overt racism or tone deaf racism.

Online, viewers reacted harshly over the costume choice, with one person tweeting, "Overt racism, foolish racism, or tone deaf racism?' Take your pick, it's still racism."

We now know that Fox News is literally Hitler.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join