It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if the Sun was not Spherical?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
When I was reading through Page one, I thought 'wow, this is kinda left-field, but still not as left-field as the flat earth society.' Then I got to page two.

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Prematurely jumping to the absurdity of a new concept prior to comprehending irrefutable facts.

Fact: There is glass up in the sky.

In the end, when true objective, scientific heroes emerge and conclude, after extensive research that there is indeed glass up there, the initial scoffers' shame will be legendary.

[edit on 17-2-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Feb, 17 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo

Fact: There is glass up in the sky.

Please provide the quote from someone who is an astronaut who has been in space who agreed with your statement. I assume you are not merely talking about a few pieces of space junk with some glass in it.

On the flip side, how do you propose that a glass sphere around the Earth is staying clean? There is lots of space junk up there and cosmic dust. Glass usually gets dirty.

posted on Feb, 18 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them; While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:
In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low; [when] they shall be afraid of [that which is] high, and fears [shall be] in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:
Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

-the Preacher

And said unto me, What seest thou? And I said, I have looked, and behold a candlestick all [of] gold, with a bowl upon the top of it, and his seven lamps thereon, and seven pipes to the seven lamps, which [are] upon the top thereof:
-Zechariah

And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, [and] over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.
And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous [are] thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] thy ways, thou King of saints.

-John

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord [is], there [is] liberty. But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.
-Paul

The earth [is] the LORD'S, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.

-David

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as [it is] in heaven.

-Jesus

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
Who [is] this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Or [who] shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, [as if] it had issued out of the womb?
When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,
And brake up for it my decreed [place], and set bars and doors,
And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; [and] caused the dayspring to know his place;
That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
It is turned as clay [to] the seal; and they stand as a garment.
And from the wicked their light is withholden, and the high arm shall be broken.
Hast thou entered into the springs of the sea? or hast thou walked in the search of the depth?
Have the gates of death been opened unto thee? or hast thou seen the doors of the shadow of death?
Hast thou perceived the breadth of the earth? declare if thou knowest it all.
Where [is] the way [where] light dwelleth? and [as for] darkness, where [is] the place thereof,
That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths [to] the house thereof?
Knowest thou [it], because thou wast then born? or [because] the number of thy days [is] great?
Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail,
Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?
By what way is the light parted, [which] scattereth the east wind upon the earth?
Who hath divided a watercourse for the overflowing of waters, or a way for the lightning of thunder;
To cause it to rain on the earth, [where] no man [is; on] the wilderness, wherein [there is] no man;
To satisfy the desolate and waste [ground]; and to cause the bud of the tender herb to spring forth?
Hath the rain a father? or who hath begotten the drops of dew?
Out of whose womb came the ice? and the hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it?
The waters are hid as [with] a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.
Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?
Canst thou bring forth Mazzaroth in his season? or canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?
Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven?canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?
Canst thou lift up thy voice to the clouds, that abundance of waters may cover thee?
Canst thou send lightnings,that they may go, and say unto thee, Here we [are]?
Who hath put wisdom in the inward parts? or who hath given understanding to the heart?

-Jehovah

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

While my guitar gently weeps

I look at the floor and I see it need sweeping

Still my guitar gently weeps

I don't know why nobody told you how to unfold your love

I don't know how someone controlled you

They bought and sold you.

I look at the world and I notice it's turning(people's dizzy minds)

With every mistake we must surely be learning

I don't know how you were diverted

You were perverted too

I don't know how you weren't inverted

No one alerted you.

I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping

I look at you all…

I play guitar too.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Solar wind is not the reason behind a comet's tail(s).
Chromatic abberation caused by glass is.

Glass in sky creates rainbows.

creates halos.

circumzenith arcs.

superior mirages.

Glass blocks most UV sunlight. This is falsely attributed to the ozone. The glass in the atmosphere is the real reason most radiant solar UV energy is eliminated.

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   

The Moon rings like a bell when struck by a large object.

The first man-made crash directed at the Moon that could be detected by a seismometer occurred after the Apollo 12 astronauts had returned to the CSM and the LM ascent stage was sent smashing into the Moon’s surface. The shock waves of this impact surprised the scientists – the Moon vibrated for over 55 minutes!! Also, the kinds of signals recorded by the seismometers were utterly different from any ever received before, starting with small waves, gaining in size to a peak, and then lasting for incredibly long periods of time. A seismic wave took 7 to 8 minutes to reach the peak of impact energy and then gradually decreased in amplitude over a period that lasted almost an hour. It was claimed that even after an hour the minutest reverberations had still not stopped.When the Apollo 12 LM hit the lunar surface at 6,048 kilometres per hour, 72 kilometres from the landing site, digging an estimated 9 metre wide crater, the results were astonishing. All 3 seismometers in the package recorded the impact, which set up a sequence of reverberations lasting nearly an hour. Nothing like this had ever been measured on Earth. The LM impact occurred at 1617 USCST 20 November (0817 AEST 21 November) 1969. A news conference had been scheduled to begin at 1630, and when it did start, the Moon was still “ringing” as the scientists – all of them seismic experts – arrived at the news centre from their laboratories.

Maurice Ewing, co-head of the seismic experiment, told the afternoon news crowd of the unexpected event, informing them that the Moon was still ringing. He confessed he was at a loss to explain why the Moon behaved so strangely. “As for the meaning of it,” Ewing announced, “I’d rather not make an interpretation right now. But it is as though one had struck a bell, say, in the belfry of a church a single blow and found that the reverberation from it continued for 30 minutes.” As he spoke the reverberations continued on for another 25 minutes.

www.honeysucklecreek.net...
see also
www.subversiveelement.com...

Reuben Iorns asks:“How loud is the sun? Does sound travelthrough space?”The Sun would be very loud indeed if we could hear it. The Sun rings like a bell, but with a tone so low no-one can hearit. We know this because astronomers use special equipment to watch the Sun and measure the changing shape of theSun. The Sun changes shape because of the sound waves run-ning around inside the Sun causing it to wobble like jelly. Ifwe were to speed up the sound of the Sun that we record, so that we could hear it, we would hear a **warbling** tone with a number of other tones all mixed together like a badly tuned violin. The sound from the Sun however does not travel directly to Earth. While light waves and radio waves cantravel in space, sound waves do not. If you drop a drop of water into a bucket of still water, you can see ripplestravelling out. Sound waves are like the ripples in the water, they need to travel through and move the airaround you. In space there is no air, it is a vacuum, so there is nothing in which sound waves can move. Space isa very quiet place!16 Galaxy – Spring 2001

astronomy.wellington.net.nz...

hmmm.

Is any of this hittin' home for you all, yet?
Please, I'd love some feedback. Do you still think I'm insane?

Field of View

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You know, water droplets can refract light too.

Also, the Earth has its own magnetic field, which can increase or decrease electromagnetic signals as they enter the Earth's atmosphere, depending on their type and source. Planets and stars do have their own frequencies of vibrations, too -- the solar wind is an example of this.

Why are you posting poetry, quotes from the Bible, and pictures of the mediveal view of the world here? That doesn't make for a very scientific debate.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
oh boy...

anyone else?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

oh boy...

anyone else?

I guess not.

Haven't you ever seen the spray from your waterhose create a rainbow when you point it in the sunlight while you were washing your car or something? Haven't you ever seen the summer heat rising off your driveway visually distort the size and shape of your mailbox as seen from your house? Haven't you ever seen a ring around a street lamp in a light rain shower at night? These rainbows, mirages, and rings around a light source were all created by water droplets, not glass.

Glass is but one of many substances that can reflect and refract light; not the only one.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
ThunderCloud, please for the sake of guarding your own stupidity, look at the previous posts....

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

ThunderCloud, please for the sake of guarding your own stupidity, look at the previous posts....

I'm not the one offering poetry as proof of my theories.
The burden of proof lies squarely on you, as these are your ideas. And no, your previous posts don't prove your claim -- they only reassert your beliefs.

P.S. -- Given your chart, what's the approximate volume of Heaven? It appears to be a sphere...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

: Originally posted by orionthehunter
Yes it is 3-dimensional. I was too lazy to go back and correct that so please forgive me. As far as the weird thought of glass in the atmosphere creating a rainbow of colors instead of water, how do you explain the spectrum of colors you see when you shoot the spray from a water hose up towards the sun and see a rainbow of colors? Are you saying the water is turning into glass?

c'mon Orion, don't you think I thought of that?
Like I said, the water is a mere surface of projection, whether it is tiny droplets in the sky or a sprayed mass from a garden hose. Both have projected onto them glass filtered light. I thought you were smarter than this.

Before you go any further into disagreement, yes, even a flashlight, which produces a spectrum of colors uses glass filtered light, the bulb is glass.

Same goes for halos on streetlights, etc. Water is merely a surface on which glass-filtered light projects. Didn't mean to insult your intelligence, ThunderCloud, this is a common misconception.

Originally posted by ThunderCloud
P.S. -- Given your chart, what's the approximate volume of Heaven? It appears to be a sphere...

Well, that's better! Now you might be considereing a heaven-centered earth. Good! And yes, it would be spherical. You can do the math yourself, if the earth is about 8,000 miles in diameter.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was going to stay out of this thread, but I thought of an experiment.

Supplies needed: Fish Tank or something that is all glass. Thermometer (2 would be nice but it is not needed. Bowl of water(optional), rock, pencil. paper, watch or timer,

Step 1: Place thermometer inside glass tank upside down and place it in the sun all day. If you are using two thermometers place one in the bowl of water and keep it in the tank as well.

Step 2: Observe thermometers. Record temperature every 30 mints. Continue this for the whole day until the sun has gone down.

Step 3: Take rock and throw it hard at the tank.

The tank will represent the glass around the Earth. This experiment will show how hot we would be if were under glass.
The Rock will resemble a meteorite. This part of the experiment will show how glass gets smashed with rocks.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The rock would have to skid across the surface of the tank for awhile until it built up enough heat friction. Once it attained the temperature to begin to melt through the glass, it would begin to encrust itself with the melted, now blackened glass, and fully be encapsulated with the glassy substance before it entered the tank. The surface in which it pierced through, would gradually begin to cool and harden again back to it's solid state. Theroetically speaking.

Also think about how cold the earth would be if the glass wasn't there?
hmmm, maybe as cold as space, huh?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The library is closing, gotta go...

keep those thoght juices flowin' tho'

ok?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The rock would have to skid across the surface of the tank for awhile until it built up enough heat friction.
Okay that is your theory. Lets do the experiment.
Also does your theory include the moon having glass or its just a bowl?
Temperatures on the Moon are far to hot to live and far to cold to live. The same thing as all the planets in the solar system. That also reminds me, where are all the planets?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Well, that's better! Now you might be considereing a heaven-centered earth. Good!

You misunderstood me; I'm just trying to understand your point of view, how you see the world, that's all.

So, is Heaven a physical object of fixed mass? If a wall of glass is seperating us all from Heaven, then why don't we shatter the glass in spots, and send rockets and shuttles into Heaven? We could all come and go from Heaven if we please if that were the case.

By the way, what holds Heaven together as a sphere? What keeps it from losing its shape and dissapating all over the place? And where's Hell?

I prefer to think of what humanity refers to as Heaven and Hell as two of many alternate dimensions accessible from our dimension through limited noncorporeal means; the physical laws of space, time, mass, and energy as we understand them would be fundamentally different there.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I didn't noticve your vote, so I will suggest you vote in the Poll about legalization of Marijuana. Good luck with the theory.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Okay that is your theory. Lets do the experiment.
Also does your theory include the moon having glass or its just a bowl?
Temperatures on the Moon are far to hot to live and far to cold to live. The same thing as all the planets in the solar system. That also reminds me, where are all the planets?

Go right ahead, Umbrax. I'd love to see the results. I don't have the money or the time to conduct one right now, but since if what I'm proposin' is on the verge of revolutionary, I would guess that someone would jump at the opportunity to prove this, hey, I'll even share some of the credit with them.

But the inverted earth model goes way back a hundred years or so to a man called Cyrus Teed. Teed, a doctor by trade, came to personal terrifying revelations by some spirit(s) that we and all of forms of life lived inside the hollow earth's concave surface. Facing much scrutiny and criticism, he set out to prove scientifically that the earth was concave. He conducted the Rectilineator experiments along Florida's coast, in which, a set of perpendicular apparatuses were aligned across the ocean, and extended using a leap-frog process to determine the concavity of the earth surface using sea level as a guide. The results awere objectively viewed and recorded to his favor:

Altough Teed has to my level of contentment, proven that the earth is concave, his other beliefs about the cosmos and about his cultic religion practices leave me in much disagreement. Teed forgot the most easily overlooked substance, because, well, it's invisible....the glass.

www.s-line.de...

Then there were the Tamarack mine shaft phenomena. Where two plumb bobs set at a great distance apart, diverged at the bottom of the mines instead of converging.

www.s-line.de...

As far as I know, only physicist Donald Simanek has tried to explain away the validity of these two experiments. I debated Donald last year about this and by his silent response to my assertion that his refutes were merely subjective analysis', to me indicated his agreement in my assertion.

The glass is only surrounding earth, or more precisely, earth is surrouding it. The planets are depicted in the illustrations on page 2. They are magnetically attracted to the ecliptic, or what scripture calls the "dayspring" in Job 38. The dayspring is the what perpetually propells the celestial orbs much like a pendulum a clock. Planets are much smaller than once thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join