It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have the lowest possible character in office when you compare to how it should be done

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: seasonal

Wonder how many people would have an issue with Heavenly Father?

This could spark a good old Trump style media hit piece. It isn't what you say, it's how it is taken.

The old notion that a leader should be some stately orator who must be able to placate or enrage the masses with lullabies and fiery speech is a relic of the monarchy and the church.

Perhaps, but it would be nice to have a leader who can string a coherent sentence together.
edit on 24-10-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

This could spark a good old Trump style media hit piece. It isn't what you say, it's how it is taken.

The old notion that a leader should be some stately orator who must be able to placate or enrage the masses with lullabies and fiery speech is a relic of the monarchy and the church.

Perhaps, but it would be nice to have a leader who can string a coherent sentence together.

We had that for 8 years and it was quickly revealed that it was also his only real talent.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

This mind set convinced men to sit in trenches in WW I and go over the top to certain death because of kings, empire, profits and natural resources

Fear of summary execution by firing squad made men do that. Ever see Paths of Glory?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

Jonathan Pie is a comic. He has a serious potty mouth so if strong (vulgar) language is a trigger, please don't watch. But I consistently find his sentiments refreshing. And an English accent adds a soupcon of elegance. Here he addresses the character of the El Cheeto Gordo.
Again...potty mouth...don't say I didn't warn you!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Yep. But he's only one person, never forget the 62 million losers, low class, scum that voted him in.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: 3daysgone

The quality of this country and its people begins and ends with the quality of our leadership.

When was the last time you think we had a quality President?

Why make the thread about me. Let's just stick to the content of the OP.

Your opinion of quality of leaders was in the OP. I don't see the problem with my question.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Yep. But he's only one person, never forget the 62 million losers, low class, scum that voted him in.

And don't forget the rest - arrogant, holier than thou, arrogant @sshole jerks who voted for the lying corrupt woman who still can't stop calling their political opponents names even though those people managed to outvote them.

This isn't exactly how you go about convincing people to join you in your cause.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: richapau

Funny I won...
WON in war ,won that ELECTION ,won my VA and SSDI hearings...WHAT have YOU won that I can uphold?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Because you say so?,what do you base this on,your buddys at a liberal rally?,he is upholding the constitution,seems everyone I know likes him fine,maybe because they work pay taxes and uphold the law,criminals don't like having to work for a living,and who cares what they think

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

So, Trump should take some writing course to be more like Lincoln (a brilliant writer and orator).

When Trump then demonstrated his new found eloquence with words, would you stand up and support him when he suspended habeas corpus or arrested state legislatures to keep them from voting?

Lincoln did it and he's the example you set as "quality leadership".

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Then maybe Trump (being such a champion of the people) should stop all these wars for profit and oil?

I mean, he is the commander of the USA's armed forces.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

So, Trump should take some writing course to be more like Lincoln (a brilliant writer and orator).

When Trump then demonstrated his new found eloquence with words, would you stand up and support him when he suspended habeas corpus or arrested state legislatures to keep them from voting?

Lincoln did it and he's the example you set as "quality leadership".

Nah. The Russians posing as Americans online probably should take some writing courses first.

Geeze...I know America's public school system is bad...but its become painfully obvious just how many online Trump supporters aren't even American.

Let's get those guys in St. Petersburg the help they need to earn more Rubles for the coming winter first.

Besides...Trump can always hire someone to write speeches for him anyway!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Can you explain this a little better?

edit on 25-10-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Starting in 2009, we had "the highest character" leading our country. In 2016 Americans wanting something BETTER, which is why they voted for President Trump.

In less than a year, the measures that matter, are all improved.. Repeat for emphasis: LESS THAN A YEAR.

edit on 10/25/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Trump should have enough character like GW Bush Sr. Four years ago in his wheelchair, told a dirty joke to a younger woman and grabbed her butt! She called him out on twitter, and he quickly apologized that it was meant to be a humorous joke!

Trump has to learn this political speaking...life would go much smoother!

One Source and further details

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join