It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have the lowest possible character in office when you compare to how it should be done

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

How are we to be enriched and enlightened by this OP?

You should ask yourself what value you are bringing to ATS...I don't see any here.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The quality of this country and its people begins and ends with the quality of our leadership.

When was the last time you think we had a quality President?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

How are we to be enriched and enlightened by this OP?

You should ask yourself what value you are bringing to ATS...I don't see any here.

Resist...

The same verbal diarrhea coming out of the MSM.

Divide us...

I am not successful so I hate my Country.

Heard it...Try working your a$$ off

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
OP : "Character"? Is not what you think it is. You have made your own self, pretty "low", by your own "standards". You have also exposed, your "public education ". It would be best for you, to not make political statements, Until you are actually "educated". You're not doing your "position" any good.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The letter was used in the movie Saving Private Ryan.

Quite beautiful letter. Lincoln was quite a character indeed.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
In the autumn of 1864 Massachusetts Governor John A. Andrew wrote to President Lincoln asking him to express condolences to Mrs. Lydia Bixby, a widow believed to have lost five sons during the Civil War.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, Nov. 21, 1864.

Dear Madam,--

I have been shown in the files of the War Department a statement of the Adjutant General of Massachusetts that you are the mother of five sons who have died gloriously on the field of battle.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

The quality of this country and its people begins and ends with the quality of our leadership.

so your taking a matter of the time and how people composed letters as an attack at trump? u realize just how nuts these types of conclusions are. why not go compare the common man fighting in the civil war and his letters home versus a soldier of today, or anyone of that era for that matter. Also apply your very own logic to your post and how simple it is. maybe its the man in the mirror thats the problem

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We know Lincoln had great character from many angles not just his oratorical eloquence

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
I love it when "liberals" use "war movies", to make a "point". It's like us "Conservatives", .. When we remember Chuck Norris, rescued them POWs from the VC. Only difference is? We knew it was "entertainment" and not reality.. Kind of like "bump stock" rifles. No educated idiot, would own one... Meh! That's "thier" new "evil". Have at it!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Some players taking a knee at a football game is an outrage to the country but the president giving half hearted words to the loved one of a dead soldier gets a pass.

Yeah America.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

I imagine after losing 5 sons she was bereaved beyond imagination. I thought Lincolns words were profound and beautiful.

Lincoln had a clarity of thought and level-headedness that was remarkable, when you consider how much pressure he was constantly under. Lots of pain too, because Opiods didn't exist. Or did they?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

No, I meant the quality of character to be able to author such a letter.

See back then we had a much better quality of education in our average leader too. See Lincoln was homeschooled for much of his early life. The teachers unions had yet to get their greasy hooks into people.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Look up laudanum.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Well then vote in the politicians who stand by the beliefs our country was founded on and stop voting in liberal woosies.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Excuse me, but I beg to differ with your closing comment:

"The quality of this country and its people begins and ends with the quality of our leadership."

Actually, the quality of this country's sore-loser democrats is indicative of just how off-track and nasty some of the people of this country can get. I'm seven decades+ old and I've never see the like of the hate they continually spew. The sad thing of it is that much of it comes from the black population.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Why are you attacking me? It says more about you than it does me.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I like it when people speak in complete sentences from either side of the aisle.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

When was the last time you think we had a quality President?

Why make the thread about me. Let's just stick to the content of the OP.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I agree. I think it was Lincoln's depth of character and quality as a person that allowed him to write something so heart-felt and genuine.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Some example,wording was different,like a policeman,how do you tell someone,what is wrong now?,another libtard thread,nothing but to try to stir trouble,this is a daily thing,guess they at ATS want quantity,not quality

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
And, of course, we are talking about day and age when most people are so tapped into their phones they think eloquence is "K, thx, bai!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join