It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's divorced?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just a show of hands to see how many people are divorced, how many times, are you remarried, and what happened?

Did you gain anything new in your present relationship, did you take anything out of your past relationship and apply it to your present?

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Married at 19 to a 31 year old.... didn't work, but we really weren't right for each other. His family disliked me intensely, and it went both ways. I left him and we later divorced. I don't know where he is now or what's happened to him. I remember his birthday and that he liked trains. Honestly, I feel like I don't even know the guy, and we were together for several years. Weird.

I'll never get married again. It ruined me financially and turned out to be a huge pain in the behind to get out of. Never met anyone I'd be willing to risk that crap for again.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was married once. It wasn't a very good experience. I got out of it but she did get to keep my sense of humor in the divorce settlement.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
I got out of it but she did get to keep my sense of humor in the divorce settlement.

I didn't get mine back til I left.

My only advice about divorce is that "staying friends" is like a hyped hollywood notion. If it's truly mutual and amicable, fine. Or if you have kids involved, you better work something out. But I had to go hard nosed and cold to get out, or I never would have. No kids were involved.

Not evil. I was more than fair. I handed over everything for the privelege of a clean getaway. Best way to go.

Then don't "compete" when it's over. It's ugly. My ex worked hard to "win" the game of life when I left... stealing my friends, running me down, remarrying asap, etc.

I just never looked back. Enjoy your own life however it comes. The ex is an irrelevant measure.

Well, I do look back to joke. You've got to laugh and keep a sense of humor about these things.

See if you can get visitation rights for yours Ambient.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
divorced once , remarried will be 25 yrs this year. would not trade her for 10
others and a little speckled puppy.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not divorced but I was engaged for a year then we split, if we had married we most likely would have divorced a week afterwards and she would own all my stuff.

new topics

top topics

join