It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest Of Dean Giant Feral Pig Photograph

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There is no way to deal with these things in a humane fashion, kill them rapidly and you still wont get them all without a massive massive over hunt.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Is there anything you can do about the worms? What a waste of meat if not.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
There is no way to deal with these things in a humane fashion, kill them rapidly and you still wont get them all without a massive massive over hunt.

Yeah. Kill them and cook them up good for a local food bank.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

edit on 10232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Apparently cook the bejeezus out of it, I still wouldnt.

I really only eat bacon, and thats straight from heaven.

Folks I know out here just kill them and dispose of them, often keep offspring to a trader and theyll test them and such. Alot of meat lockers wont take wild pigs and the like because of contamination. There so many of them, people arent worried about waste.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Cooking and freezing.

Just make sure you have it cooked through. Pork should always be well done, even domestic pork from tame domestic pigs.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

I wonder if you could do a hog like my father in law does his deer. He'll skin the deer and cut it up and put the parts on ice for about 3 or 4 days, then he'll carve the meat off and freeze it. It's like holding a block of ice in your hand the whole time. But supposedly that's what gets the wild taste out.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
I wonder if you could do a hog like my father in law does his deer. He'll skin the deer and cut it up and put the parts on ice for about 3 or 4 days, then he'll carve the meat off and freeze it. It's like holding a block of ice in your hand the whole time. But supposedly that's what gets the wild taste out.

Because it's so big, you could also pit roast it with cabbage leaves or other kinds of aromatic spices. Might need a backhoe. Certainly to move the heated rocks and just get the thing into the pit.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It might be a cross breed of american pigs/boars and russian wild boars. Russian wild boars get yuuuuuuuge

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join