It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the U.S. just revoke Putin critic Bill Browder's visa?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
An interesting cat & mouse game has been onging behind the scenes it appears!

The U.S. visa of Bill Browder, a prominent critic of the Kremlin, was revoked after Moscow exploited a loophole to place him on the Interpol wanted list, the financier revealed Saturday.

The move against the U.S.-born British citizen was labeled farcical, and prompted immediate calls for the U.S. to overturn the decision.

Russia really, REALLY doesn't like this man! For those unaware of WHO this man IS:

Browder has led the push for countries to adopt “Magnitsky Act”-type laws that empower governments to freeze assets of Russian figures linked to human rights violations.

Last week, Canada became the fourth country after the U.S., Britain, and Estonia to pass a Magnitsky Act, leading Vladimir Putin to accuse Browder of “illegal activity.”

APPARENTLY he got a "nasty gram" from the US State Dept:

Browder, who testified at a congressional hearing in July on Russian election interference, said he was made aware that Russia had successfully placed him on Interpol’s list after he received an email from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Saturday informing him his “global entry status” had been revoked.

Link

HERE is some additional info on this man, and why Putin hates him:

Vladimir Putin keeps putting William Browder on Interpol’s wanted list, or trying to. As far as I’m concerned, these attempts are the equivalent of medals of freedom.

Remember who Browder is: He is the financier whose lawyer was Sergei Magnitsky, who became a prisoner of the Russian state and was tortured to death — real slow. Thereafter, Browder dedicated himself to the cause of justice in Russia.

In 2012, the U.S. Congress passed the Magnitsky Act, which targets Russian human-rights abusers: It freezes their assets and deprives them of visas. Boris Nemtsov called the Magnitsky Act “the most pro-Russian law ever enacted by a foreign government.” (Nemtsov was the leader of the opposition to Putin in Russia. In 2015, he was murdered within sight of the Kremlin.)

The Magnitsky Act drives Putin nuts. It means that his men can’t act as they always have, i.e., with impunity. Now there are consequences, which is a problem for Putin. Four countries have Magnitsky acts: the U.S., Britain, Estonia, and now Canada. (They passed theirs last week

Right-leaning "National Review"

It will be interesting to see if Trump's State Department goes along with Putin's little "loophole roadshow". . .

And in the meantime, those Russian sanctions that congress PASSED and Trump went ahead and signed are still waiting to be enforced...
edit on 23-10-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Anything to cover up Uranium 1, am I right?

No Progressive/Globalist slant from Vice.......lol

Where is the outrage over selling Russia Uranium? Oh I know, we need to make up stories like hookers pissing on a bed and Russia hacking our election to protect our Queen and the Marxist agenda to destroy our country....

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Where is the outrage over selling Russia Uranium? Oh I know, we need to make up stories like hookers pissing on a bed and Russia hacking our election to protect our Queen and the Marxist agenda to destroy our country....

So you got nothing and your going to pull a breitbart, make stuff up cause your feelings got hurt lol.

Losing a day at a time, must be a fun life lol.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
those Russian sanctions that congress PASSED and Trump went ahead and signed are still waiting to be enforced...

You first have to prove intent.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

So you claim straw man by building another straw man?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Where is the outrage over selling Russia Uranium?

Right here. On the pages of a conspiracy theory website. Right where it belongs

Lol. .

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It will be interesting to see if Trump's State Department goes along with Putin's little "loophole roadshow". . .

The understatement of the year,

I shall put it somewhat more succinctly, Trump is so far up Putin's arse he is in Narnia.

Trump doesn't want Browder into the US for any more US government committee meetings of any kind..period.

This what Browder said at the July 2017 RJC meetings,
"I hope that my story will help you understand the methods of Russian operatives in Washington and how they use U.S. enablers to achieve major foreign policy goals without disclosing those interests"

I can't say that Browder is an angel, but he has been independently cleared of any of the Russian allegations, all seen as political, however he still has his mouth in the correct position, and I'm damn sure Trump could be cacking himself in regard to any Browder testimony.

Of course Natalia Veselnitskaya was the lawyer who defended Denis Katsyv, representing his company Prevezon Holdings and a massive tax fraud scandal that was settled for pennies, also involved in the Hermitage saga. Actually the day she met Trump Jnr, was the same day as the Prevezon hearing.

edit on 23-10-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Where is the outrage over selling Russia Uranium?

Right here. On the pages of a conspiracy theory website. Right where it belongs

Lol. .

Why do you defecate where you eat? Seems like rather barbaric behavior.

I think I'll Google your user name and see if this is habitual.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So you got nothing and your going to pull a breitbart, make stuff up cause your feelings got hurt lol.

Losing a day at a time, must be a fun life lol.

There's a lot of people doing those lines this weather, I think it's written on those new pictorial dodies you can get now.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I didn't think the whole "Blood & Soil" thing "conservatives" use came from licking Putin's boots...?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I didn't think the whole "Blood & Soil" thing "conservatives" use came from licking Putin's boots...?

I know right?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

This is an interesting development. I can't imagine what the justification is for pulling Browder's US Visa. Unless of course, they're doing it for the children, you know "adoption".

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Bill Browder, the same guy who used Fusion GPS info who refused to testify in front of Congress by pleading the 5th? Yea, nothing shaky going on here......

The guy is dirty as hell promoting an agenda that is losing ground on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

And that info is bad because....?

Oh, it's not flattering to the Emperor with no clothes. Gotcha.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

And that info is bad because....?

Oh, it's not flattering to the Emperor with no clothes. Gotcha.

Why does Fusion refuse to testify and claim the 5th?

Simple. They are corrupt and protecting their ass from prison.

The only person without clothes is you and your Progressive source you used! It's a shame too, because Vice used to be objective in their reporting, now they have gone full Progtard.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

Bill Browder says that he will “definitely” be testifying about a complaint he filed with the Justice Department last year in which he accused Fusion GPS, the firm behind the dossier, and a former Soviet intelligence officer named Rinat Akhmetshin of violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), a law requiring agents of foreign governments to disclose their lobbying and consulting work.

Founded by former Wall Street Journal reporter Glenn Simpson, Fusion GPS investigated Browder last year as part of an influence campaign aimed at neutering the Magnitsky Act, a 2012 law which allows for sanctions against Russians accused of human rights abuses.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

When in DOUBT...just use "alternative facts"...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's Uranium One, nobody sold uranium to the Russians, the Russians bought a Canadian company that owned US mines. Not that there's anything illegal about that acquisition and the US still has to authorize exports.

More importantly, what does any of that have to do with the topic?
edit on 2017-10-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Bill Browder, the same guy who used Fusion GPS info who refused to testify in front of Congress by pleading the 5th? Yea, nothing shaky going on here......

No, Bill Browder didn't "use Fusion GPS info" and no, Browder didn't refuse to testify, pleading the fifth. In fact, Bill Browder testified. You seem to be confusion Bill Browder with possibly two other people who aren't Bill Browder, one of them being Glenn Simpson.

The guy is dirty as hell promoting an agenda that is losing ground on a daily basis.

You're clearly ignorant of the even the basic facts but you just *know* that your delusion equals, "this guy is dirty and promoting a losing agenda." Holy s#.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I thought people like Bill Browder, a financier, was supposed to be like the people the never Trump crowd hates?

From your post.

“My grandfather was the biggest Communist in America, and I was the biggest capitalist in Russia,” he likes to say. His grandfather was indeed Earl Browder, the head of the CPUSA. His father was Felix Browder, a math genius. Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

I would have to do some research into Bill Browder before I could give an opinion on the topic at hand.

This is Bill's Grandfather Earl. Very eerie.

edit on 23-10-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join