It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk Popstar To Raise Her Children as "Gender neutral "

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Paloma Faith, has identified as a feminist in the past and is also a huge supporter of gay rights. She is also, not so good a music artist. Maybe the Tavistock boys are going to try a different angle with this "pop musician/artist"

"I'm loving being a mum,"

"I want two or three kids in all and they’ll be gender neutral. "I just want them to be who they want to be."

But surely calling herself a 'mum' and being a feminist counters her own beliefs. Is this not Cognitive Dissonance ???

www.hellomagazine.com...

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: spelling

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
What the heck... where can I find those lip rings is my first question, that would be sick at a party!

But also.... I don't know. If I were her I would have not said anything to the press or media about how I would be choosing to raise my children because imo it's no ones business. Then again, I am not her.

Since I'm just me, and not some big superstar, I don't mind saying this:
I refer to my son as my son, my boy, my little dude, etc......
If my son decides he's Pickle Rick one day or Princess Celestia, or an Apache attack helicopter, who the hell am I to say no you're not?

As long as he can take care of himself, and provide for himself when I'm gone, and he's not harming himself or anyone else, I don't care who or what he wants to be & quite frankly I'm not sure why anyone would but again, that's just my own thoughts.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonMan

Never heard this Paloma. She looks like stripped toothpaste. Is she important in UK?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
What the heck... where can I find those lip rings is my first question, that would be sick at a party!

But also.... I don't know. If I were her I would have not said anything to the press or media about how I would be choosing to raise my children because imo it's no ones business. Then again, I am not her.

If my son decides he's Pickle Rick one day or Princess Celestia, or an Apache attack helicopter, who the hell am I to say no you're not?

As long as he can take care of himself, and provide for himself when I'm gone, and he's not harming himself or anyone else, I don't care who or what he wants to be & quite frankly I'm not sure why anyone would but again, that's just my own thoughts.

-Alee
your key word was 'him' , her poor son will never hear those words

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I'm UK and never heard of it, but if it wants to be neutral and it wants it's brood to be neutral then let it make it's own mistakes.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Never heard this Paloma. She looks like stripped toothpaste. Is she important in UK?
one word ... insignificant

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: LondonMan
But surely calling herself a 'mum' and being a feminist counters her own beliefs. Is this not Cognitive Dissonance ???

What kind of dumb argument is this? Being a mother isn't anathema to feminism...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What kind of dumb argument is this? Being a mother isn't anathema to feminism...
but advocating Gender neutrality is counter to what feminism actually is .. duh !

feminism is

the advocacy of women's rights on the grounds of political, social, and economic equality to men.

Gender neutrality is

the idea that policies, language, and other social institutions should avoid distinguishing roles according to people's sex or gender

Both counter arguments

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: unfin

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

The poster was referring to the fact that she, excuse me, it wants to be gender neutral then in the same breath be proud to be a 'Mother' and 'A feminist' Both terms used to describe an aspect of female.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

-Alee

Yeah I think it's a little... out of the norm. I refer to him as such because I want him to have a fair shot in the world the way it currently is. It's traditional to use him/her etc.... so I want him to know that first. History is important, even if in 1000 years that's all those words are. Then if he wants to use other pronouns or w/e that's on him. But I want to set the groundwork for how things are generally speaking.

With that said I also want him to be respectful of other children who may be raised differently, like her kids. I guess I'll address that when it comes up, I mean hes 2 now, not even in school yet so I have no desire to talk about such complicated subjects with him just yet.

-Alee

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

"I want two or three kids in all and they’ll be gender neutral. "I just want them to be who they want to be."

What if the biological entity born with a schlong wants to be a boy? Does her desire to have gender neutral kids trump his desire to be a boy?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

-Alee

Yeah I think it's a little... out of the norm. I refer to him as such because I want him to have a fair shot in the world the way it currently is. It's traditional to use him/her etc.... so I want him to know that first. History is important, even if in 1000 years that's all those words are. Then if he wants to use other pronouns or w/e that's on him. But I want to set the groundwork for how things are generally speaking.

With that said I also want him to be respectful of other children who may be raised differently, like her kids. I guess I'll address that when it comes up, I mean hes 2 now, not even in school yet so I have no desire to talk about such complicated subjects with him just yet.

-Alee

Just spoke to my 20yr old son.. He said he is not to enamoured by the prospect of me calling him "princess". Said his mates would all be the same, reckons his girlfriend wouldn't like being called his 'geezer'... It sure is a funny world we live in .......

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

What if the biological entity born with a schlong wants to be a boy? Does her desire to have gender neutral kids trump his desire to be a boy?
I would question why she is even mentally allowed to have children, then be freely allowed to inflict this child abuse upon her own child.. And people defend this madness

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Mr. Londonman, me thinks you really missed a big piece of this picture

There's gotta be some "Cognition" going on for there to be any dissonance. If she's typical of these young wannabe's, she has no BELIEF SYSTEM, she just parrots the propaganda she's fed by the media and that day she wanted to virtue signal her PC affirmaton of conforming to the PC propaganda about the fad of the week.

Put another way, she's most likely a brainless meat suit. But hey, she made the tabloids.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
LOL Good luck with that as soon as the child is more self-aware they will conclude that sex is binary not to mention society will trump (pun intended) what is taught unless they live in a social vacuum or surrounded by the same...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Wow. You are stretching with your OP... I feel like you are whining just for the sake of whining here.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Good for her.

As most people find when they force their kids down the "gender neutral" route, the kids will do what they want. The girls will be girls and the boys will be boys. It's the way people are wired. Attempting to fix adult obsessions on kids is just the nature of poor child-rearing, but she'll learn. She'll be disappointed when little Trixiebell wants to wear a skirt and Rudolph wants to play Call of Duty with all the other boys.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMadTitan

So? Let her be or call herself whatever she wants. Clearly she isn't too dumb to realize that referring to yourself minus gender pronouns doesn't discount that she is still a woman able to give birth to children. It baffles me why people care so much about the weird # that famous people do.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Mr. Londonman, me thinks you really missed a big piece of this picture

There's gotta be some "Cognition" going on for there to be any dissonance. If she's typical of these young wannabe's, she has no BELIEF SYSTEM, she just parrots the propaganda she's fed by the media and that day she wanted to virtue signal her PC affirmaton of conforming to the PC propaganda about the fad of the week.

Put another way, she's most likely a brainless meat suit. But hey, she made the tabloids.

I haven't missed anything, I think your the one who has lost something, let me give you the definition of cognitive dissonance

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, performs an action that is contradictory to one or more beliefs, ideas or values, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

you make your own mind up ........

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

a reply to: TheMadTitan

So? Let her be or call herself whatever she wants. Clearly she isn't too dumb to realize that referring to yourself minus gender pronouns doesn't discount that she is still a woman able to give birth to children. It baffles me why people care so much about the weird # that famous people do.

these weird and so called wonderful artists are performing to todays children, it only takes a handful of weak minded kids to end up ruining more lives in the future ...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join