It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Assange's Code Trigger Maltese Journalist's Murder ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It just occurred to me that Assange's latest code was tweeted only 16 hours before Daphne Caruana Galizia was killed by a car bomb in Malta. Could this be a warning not to release certain files or further high profile investigative journalists will be targeted? Is this just the beginning?

Relevant ATS threads:

Did Assange Drops Dead Mans Switch? - Possible Insurance File Password

Malta car bomb kills Panama Papers journalist

It certainly got Julian Assange's attention. Only 6 hours later he tweeted:

Outraged to hear that Maltese investigative journalist+blogger Daphne Caruana Galizia has been murdered this afternoon not far from her home with a car bomb. I issue a €20k reward for information leading to the conviction of her killers. Her blog: (link: daphnecaruanagalizia.com...) daphnecaruanagalizia.com

I am aware that the timing may be purely coincidental and that DCG had plenty of enemies. Still I think it's worth keeping an eye on things with this idea in mind.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Assange and WikiLeaks called the Panama Papers a US plot to undermine Putin and Russia. Doubt his outrage is real.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Correlation does not necessarily mean causation ... though at some level, every tangential concept might be linked via metaphor and meta-holography, but that's another topic.

Although she was obviously an effective investigative journalist ...as only the effective ones get offed by stinking, lowlife thugs.

And Assange IS still breathing, so, at the least and under such criteria, she could be seen as a "better" investigative journalist.

But the thread's wording could make it seem Assange's tweets were codes for murdering her... which I know wasn't the intent by the OP or Assange, unless the world is even more effed up and lost than I suspected (which we should hope not!).
edit on 10/23/2017 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I did choose a rather ambiguous thread title on purpose. Obviously not to blame Assange but to suggest that he may have been aware of threats against other persons in case he showed signs of a new/specific leak. That could also explain Edward Snowden's tweet shortly after Assange's code drop: "Don't stay safe. Stay free." link

Snowden's tweet seems to allow for a scenario in which potential targets had been made aware of such threats and agreed that he should proceed nonetheless. That would also be in character for Daphne Caruana Galizia who was constantly receiving threats and never let that stop her.

And just to be clear. If I am on to something here with this scenario I think he did the right thing and I hope he continues despite the threats!

top topics

join