It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A spacecraft graveyard exists in the middle of the ocean — here's what's down there

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

Technology will make this happen. Right now it is a pain to get into space. Fear not, for once is is no longer a pain, you will have Comcast service techs in "space vans" servicing satellites for minimum wage.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wonder about Mars?? Any Mars experts out there that could nail down a dump site where Mars past oceans were? If they were advanced enough, like the theory Mars colonized Earth then they (we) would have maybe dumped there. It would be a good place to look around.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What? No pictures of the junk on the bottom of the ocean? Depressing, can't they get a RC sub out there to check out what is there? I suppose that is where the aliens dump their junk too.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: seasonal

At least that cemetery isn't leaking toxins to the ocean, unlike all the radioactive waste dumped during and after WWII and about a hundred thousand ships sunk during WWII, their fuel oil still in tanks now rotting due to age.

Mother Jones

The cemetery of space craft was intentionally created, mostly benign. The ships sunk during war were unintended, full of cargo, fuel and long term consequences.

36,387 ships destroyed by the end of WW 2, of all types. the ships were sunk by gunfire, bombing, or torpedoes.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
If I was an Internet billionaire, I might be tempted to increase my billions by creating a kind of "space garbage" service, where I could dredge up the old spaceships from the oceans as well as launch my own maneuverable ships to capture some of the old, dead satellites in orbit and possibly sweep up some of the lost garbage there, too. I wouldn't make money from the junk itself, but I'm sure there are a few aerospace companies who would hire you just to clean space up so their multi-million dollar satellites don't end up smashed to pieces by some bolt somebody lost while they were working on the ISS.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wonder if all the GOLD parts are contaminated?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
A fair amount of energy is expended in passing this knowledge on to the post-cataclysm era. Strategic future ruins more or less.

Its the only reason the pyramids were so big: so the knowledge would survive the cataclysm.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBangWasAnEcho
A fair amount of energy is expended in passing this knowledge on to the post-cataclysm era. Strategic future ruins more or less.

Its the only reason the pyramids were so big: so the knowledge would survive the cataclysm.

The knowledge of the pyramids is a warning that even the greatest cultures on Earth can fail and fall into the dust.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join