It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is bitcoin the way to kill the banks?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

Well I hope enough countries embrace it. I suspect (and fear) most of the largest countries will not.

Another way banks are going to try to kill it is by making their own crypto-fiat-currencies and making that more available and convenient to use than bitcoin. I just heard Japanese banks have begun working on their own.

posted on Oct, 29 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Anyone who that TPTB wouldn't kill the power grid to combat a competitive currency is only kidding themselves.

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

All Bitcoin is doing is making people rich through speculation. Soon it will all crash and people will realise that a Bitcoin has no value.

The longer people believe this, the longer we have to actually make money investing in it....so that when cryptocurrency becomes the new money in a decade or more, there will be less of us with a lot of it, and more people saying, "Oh, if only I had put just $50 in back in 2018.."

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Anyone who that TPTB wouldn't kill the power grid to combat a competitive currency is only kidding themselves

Do you seriously think that paper money, stocks, bonds, etc. doesn't all just exist as 1's and 0's too? Of course it does. You honestly think the powers that be would slit their own throats? Not too likely.

My bet is more that they started the whole damn thing in the first place! (probably off a bet made in an executive bathroom for one dollar).

posted on Jan, 15 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

No I do not believe so because money is a store of value and a medium of exchange. Cryptocurrencies are a medium of exchange but they are not a store of value because anyone can code an encrypted database, meaning eventually the government will get involved and they work for the banks so banks will usurp cryptos and we'll be using their electronic currency.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join