It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65 pounds of marijuana arrive with Amazon order.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

But But, the TV news people say every package gets screened...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I feel like moving 65 lbs would be noticeable.

"Stinky, heavy" totes of it, yah...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: PokeyJoe
how did someone happen to stuff all that pot in those totes on accident?

This is what I’m wondering - it looks like someone working at Amazon is shipping marijuana to customers and they accidentally confused shipments.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If theres anything that happens with amazon outside of standard procedures, might as well forget it. They dont know how to deal with it. Its less hands on than the government. I imagine 65 pounds of pot delivered was quite outside their standard procedures lol.
edit on 23-10-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: underwerks
I think if you went there now you'd find more security , maybe not. Those hubs have lots of conveyor belts, theres no xray, chemical sniffers or holding area for suspicious packages?

It's been a few years, but when I talked to the sellers of this stuff. They went through their process, said it would hold the smell in for about 3 days. After that, a dog could pick up on it, but not every place has dogs.

The trick was getting past the sorting in time, so it could be shipped from a major hub to a distribution center that wouldn't be looking at heavily. Most packages were able to do that.

What I took away from those conversations is that a lot of drugs are moving through our mail system.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah. It happens a lot. I know ACTUAL drug dealers that have mailed their product cross country. They would usually use a friend's parents' or grandparents' address too. Sometimes a girlfriend or her family. Telling the home owner isn't something that always happens either. Plausible deniability and all. So it is possible that this couple knows a drug dealer and doesn't know it who is sending the drugs to their house and the delivery just poorly coincided with something they ordered on Amazon.

I never asked too heavily about how they set up drop locations, but in general you wouldn't want it going to your house. But it would need to be going somewhere safe where you could access the mail, and even sign for a package. Most of the people doing this, didn't have second residences they could use as drop locations. What I figured out eventually, is that there's a whole network out there of people who will let you use their place as a drop, in exchange for some money. Someone probably had the wrong drop address.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
uhhh, investment capital that's 150k

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Aazadan

I've spent a lot of time on the dark web talking to these people. They're upfront about mail interception rates, it's factored into pricing. Depending on location it's 2 to 10 percent.

Figures...

Certain distribution centers are better than others. I have no idea what all goes into that, but some have dogs which seems to be the big thing. Smaller distribution centers have fewer resources. Usually mail drops will come from different places too. I talked to one guy who would drive all around southern CA 2 days a week to drop everything off in different locations, and with scattered timing, so if one got caught they would be too busy to catch anything else.

It's very illegal, but drugs through the mail seem to be pretty safe for the sender and recipient.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Pretty sure I'd have kept that merry # to myself. Maybe shared a little. Maybe.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Okay first i must say that is #ing awesome.

Now past that i only see a few ways for this to have happened.

1) An entrapment LE sting gone wrong.
2) What another poster mentioned above about possibly being a way to buy illicit drugs/etc for people in the know. Basically silk road but just using Amazon instead and telling your buyers what postings and accounts to look for.
3) This being like the above in a way but scarier. Perhaps it was a cartel trafficking drugs, maintaining plausible deniability by sending to random people through the mail, and some miscommunication happened or something and this couple is lucky that some cartel members werent waiting parked outside their house when the 'order' was delivered to recieve it. Basically a drop gone wrong.

Hell thinking about it more, i get stuff earlier than expected from Amazon all the time. All it takes is the order coming in a day or two early and there are some very unhappy individuals on both ends lol.

edit on 23-10-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One thing is for certain, the mail carriers of the country definitely unknowingly traffic ridiculous amounts of drugs every year.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Well my order from Amazon arrived this afternoon and all that was in it was what I ordered.
What is their customer service phone number?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

As i understand it, while it is legal in many states, clinics must still only get their stock from their own state. It is still federally illegal to move across state lines ie trafficking whether it is legal state businesses or not.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
How many feet in a mile?

5,280 feet.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
unload?

PROCESS THAT RAW

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

That's what I meant. Sorry if my words were confusing. I am not accusing the home owners. I'm saying that they know someone or are related to someone who is using their house as a front for drug delivery and not telling them. The person doing it can easily walk away if and when they find it and no one would be the wiser.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

That's what I meant. Sorry if my words were confusing. I am not accusing the home owners. I'm saying that they know someone or are related to someone who is using their house as a front for drug delivery and not telling them. The person doing it can easily walk away if and when they find it and no one would be the wiser.

No prob. That was my thinking too. A neighbor in view would be able to watch for the delivery, run over and grab it before they came home. A neighbor would know peoples schedule, who was home or gone a lot. Living nearby would preclude staking out an address from a car nearby.

I'm sure the cops thought of this too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join