It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

65 pounds of marijuana arrive with Amazon order.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Aazadan

It happens all the time actually. Mail interception rates are pretty low.

How do we know? Unless they are intentionally ignored...

And it only takes one time for a package to be discovered and the addressee caught.

Thats like ringing door bells and running but leaving your id on the porch. Or stealing a credit card and shopping in a store where theres cameras. Or phoning in bomb threats from your home phone.

Ever worked for Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc?

Everything moves through the hubs so fast there's no way to search any of it. When I worked for Fed Ex sometimes the smell of cannabis was overwhelming when we were unloading a truck, but aside from it being accidentally dropped and busting open there's nothing anyone can do. It's against the law to open other peoples mail. That goes for private companies like Fed Ex too.

You only hear about the people who get caught.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Wow, even if you dont smoke. Its like there isnt even a dab of street sense. Sell that cheap to ANYONE.

I would have found a local supplier and gotten a few thousand real quick. Everyone else down the line gets cheap weed. All would be well.

Or find a friend and give it to him, ask for a years worth of favors.

You should never stick your nose up at an opportunity when it comes.

edit on 10 23 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What happens if that package was meant for a cartel supplier? Do you think that 65 lbs of marijuana showing up in some random stranger's possession having bought it for cheap would go unnoticed by them? It's a risky scenario. Maybe if the amount wasn't so high I'd say selling it would be a good idea, but man that bulk amount is so high.

I'd probably keep some to sell then turn the rest over to the police and say that I only received 45 lbs.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

When I worked for Fed Ex sometimes the smell of cannabis was overwhelming when we were unloading a truck,

How long ago was that?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I hope some one was happy to get MY order!
it was 10 big washers & nuts and bolts.
4 weeks ago.

looking at Ebay.
I found a air pump for car wheels for 9,000 pounds.
that should have been 5 pounds?
I look't at a lot more things and found a lot more like it.
about 1000 times the price. I even ask't one of them about it.
they said yes thats the price.

um! money laundering any one.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
For as much as that dope is worth, there's probably a supplier somewhere who just caught a couple of bullets in the back of his head.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
30 kilos wrong address? Imma take my chances.....

brb knock at the door

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
I hope some one was happy to get MY order!
it was 10 big washers & nuts and bolts.
4 weeks ago.

looking at Ebay.
I found a air pump for car wheels for 9,000 pounds.
that should have been 5 pounds?
I look't at a lot more things and found a lot more like it.
about 1000 times the price. I even ask't one of them about it.
they said yes thats the price.

um! money laundering any one.

Those are the listings that are probably drug deals.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: tadaman

What happens if that package was meant for a cartel supplier? Do you think that 65 lbs of marijuana showing up in some random stranger's possession having bought it for cheap would go unnoticed by them? It's a risky scenario. Maybe if the amount wasn't so high I'd say selling it would be a good idea, but man that bulk amount is so high.

I'd probably keep some to sell then turn the rest over to the police and say that I only received 45 lbs.

Like banks regularly 'claim' the robbers took more than they did, for instance?

As far as value, sixty five pounds is peanuts. They loose much more interdicted at border crossings, airports, harbors, customs. It costs a lot less at the source than street value at the final destination.

Ever see Bourdains coc aine episode? He was cracking up about burning tons of coke, a pittance compared to what gets thru...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
They could have said it's for personal use.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

When I worked for Fed Ex sometimes the smell of cannabis was overwhelming when we were unloading a truck,

How long ago was that?

About 10 years or so.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I think if you went there now you'd find more security , maybe not. Those hubs have lots of conveyor belts, theres no xray, chemical sniffers or holding area for suspicious packages?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yeah. It happens a lot. I know ACTUAL drug dealers that have mailed their product cross country. They would usually use a friend's parents' or grandparents' address too. Sometimes a girlfriend or her family. Telling the home owner isn't something that always happens either. Plausible deniability and all. So it is possible that this couple knows a drug dealer and doesn't know it who is sending the drugs to their house and the delivery just poorly coincided with something they ordered on Amazon.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'm just going off of a case that happened to a buddy of mine a while ago. He got arrested trying to drive 21 lbs through Nebraska and THAT was a lot of weight for him to move. I feel like moving 65 lbs would be noticeable. My buddy had the Baltimore country good pot supply on lock for a while and he was moving far less than that.
edit on 23-10-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I think if you went there now you'd find more security , maybe not. Those hubs have lots of conveyor belts, theres no xray, chemical sniffers or holding area for suspicious packages?

Nope. No dogs, no nothing. It's impossible to search anything because of the speed that the packages fly through the hub. There's really no feasible way to do it given how fast the packages have to move to make it on time.

If they scanned all packages and analyzed them for contraband the shipping industry would grind to a halt. U.S. Customs doesn't even inspect the majority of items that come into the country. Mostly only when they've been tipped off about something.

Your package making it on time means more to shipping companies than playing cops and robbers, and most of the time they'll only step in if they are required to.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"Jeff Bezos made me addicted to Mary Jane, thanks Obamas"

More at 10

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

It happens all the time actually. Mail interception rates are pretty low.

How do we know? Unless they are intentionally ignored...

And it only takes one time for a package to be discovered and the addressee caught.

Thats like ringing door bells and running but leaving your id on the porch. Or stealing a credit card and shopping in a store where theres cameras. Or phoning in bomb threats from your home phone.

I've spent a lot of time on the dark web talking to these people. They're upfront about mail interception rates, it's factored into pricing. Depending on location it's 2 to 10 percent.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Plausible deniability and all. So it is possible that this couple knows a drug dealer and doesn't know it who is sending the drugs to their house and the delivery just poorly coincided with something they ordered on Amazon.

Coincidental deniability? Is that plausible? Or they were home that day when they're usually gone. Or the pick up man was asleep, alll_ daaay_long.

I think the 'recipients' were innocent. They called it in.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
SIGH...first the guys getting laid in highschool from oversexed teachers and now this...it JUST isn't fair.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I've spent a lot of time on the dark web talking to these people. They're upfront about mail interception rates, it's factored into pricing. Depending on location it's 2 to 10 percent.

Figures...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join