It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astonishing 50 kids a week referred to sex change clinics in the UK

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Before adult hood ,it is ONLY mutilation, How they are treated SHOULD be civil at any age ,but human's default to cruel as tools that such beings as a group don't fare well against kinetically enforced hostility.
I learned young I had an aptitude for destroying attackers who trespass on weaker people.
While I have no problem with competent moderation or equal handling of them,I haven't taught any first graders how to screw EITHER.
THAT'S for the bed roon ALONE and for those it ISN'T ,I war against you and perversions against kids who ARE not gay,or FAR too young to know,and the CAVALIER attitude since they are YOUR kids their sex must comply.
When modesty and manners are discovered BY the LGBT community like they PARROT slogans ,then coexistence will be easier for all.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: intrptr

"Rape Pillage and Burn". For kids.

hmm...don't give them idea's

Not only do they sell innocuous sounding games like "Hearts and Minds" that promote violence and teach kids war, but they been doing it for some time. Some (enough) parents don't really know the game flow, or care. As long as the kid is occupied.

TV used to be 'the babysitter' , too. The 'programming' wasn't as important then either.
edit on 25-10-2017 by intrptr because: spellig

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Suicide rates in the UK are going to skyrocket over the next decade when these children realise they have made an irreversible mistake.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Have you got a trans child, Bastion?

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wulfrida
Have you got a trans child, Bastion?

Nah, plus 100% vanilla straight male so no idea what it must be like to question my gender or sexuality. I just feel if a child or parents are concerned or distressed about such issues that they should have access to help and support. The counselling, advice, evaluations etc... in place seem the most common sense approach that treats the issue while minimising/eliminating the possibility of them regretting surgery should they seek it once they're an adult.

It doubles as a child protection measure as if in the unlikely event a child has been coerced by someone or a group into a mistaken case of gender dysmorphia then appropriate measures can be taken and police investigations would be launched into child abuse.

Denying such treatment would be child cruelty and unfair on the parents in my view.

For such a contentious issue I think the NHS have done a brilliant job in proving the child with help while ensuring no treatments with irreversible or long term side effects. My main gripe is with the media and politicians for ignoring all this and instead weaponising alarmist, sensationalist polemics as if they told the truth no one would bat an eyelid.
edit on 25-10-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Interestingly enough...this is usually what happens.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion“Growing Pains: Problems with Puberty Suppression in Treating Gender Dysphoria,”

It concluded the risks far outweighed any supposed psych benefit.

Im not raising my boys to be lotharios, just men who will make good husbands.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion“Growing Pains: Problems with Puberty Suppression in Treating Gender Dysphoria,”

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Barcs
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

No offense, but 50 is not a large number, considering there are 65 million people in the UK.
50 a WEEK is not a large number? How about when compared to zero in the 50's ?

Who cares? In the 50s, they also treated blacks like lesser people and they didn't have equal rights. Yeah that was a GREAT time for this country LOL. Back then there were no gay marriages, no equality between races, etc etc. Today we have more awareness about things like that. It's fallacious to automatically assume something is bad, just because it wasn't the case in the 50s.

It didn't say that 50 a week were getting sex changes. 50 a week is small potatoes. That's roughly 2600 a year. That's literally .004% of the population and out of that tiny percentage, probably only something like 1% will actually have the procedure. You guys act like this totally changes your life when it doesn't affect you in the least. That's always the case with extreme right wingers though. They always want to try to control other people's lives just because you personally don't like what they are doing.

My question to you is, why do you care? Why is this such a big deal? You don't like people being who they actually are?

edit on 10 25 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It does affect people. The trans movement drags innocent kids into a lifetime of health issues. The damage to actual real womens rights, by male privileged guys, mostly suffering from autogynophila, is disturbing. Female safe spaces are being eroded.
Womens sports are in danger of being taken over by men.

Im no super rightwinger by the way, im not a political person.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: continuousThunder

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: continuousThunder

Can I just ask , if you were able to accept who you are as you were born would you be bothered about changing etc
I mean , identity and the self all appear to be based in ego and the ID
according to psychology etc

Consciousness doesnt have a gender or a sex , at least it doesnt appear to have to me at least, i have had multiple out of body experiences and each time I didnt feel like I had a sex or I was male etc , I just was !
so does it really matter what you are born with , when in reality your natal sex is just the body you happen to exist in
you are still consciousness.

I guess I will never understand it since I dont suffer this condition

i've explained this so many times on here but what the heck, what's one more time between pals

you ask what if i had been able to accept what i was born as, and you phrase it as if that was some sort of plain value decision i made, but it's not like that at all. having a male body made me sick. and by that i don't just mean emotionally, i mean it made me physically sick.
the way i generally describe it is that my body being full of testosterone was like running your car on the wrong sort of oil - i could function, after a sense, but nothing felt right or responded how it should. and when my body changed through my first puberty, it was like living a drawn out, slow motion Cronenberg film. turning into some horrific monster while everyone around me called me the wrong name and acted like this stomach turning monstrosity is exactly what i should be.
there is no combination of words i can use to convey to you the pain and horror i lived in for the decade that i tried to believe the people telling me that being trans is wrong and that it was a phase i would grow out of
and there is no relief that you will ever feel in your entire life that compares to the way i felt a week into my hormone regimen, where my body finally began to settle and feel right for the first time.
it wasn't a choice i made
and if it was, it was the choice between getting the medicine i needed, or continuing to die by agonising inches.

i don't know anything about consciousness and gender and the relation between them and honestly i feel like it's pretty irrelevant here. i mean, you wouldn't say that pure consciousness doesn't experience cancer so we shouldn't treat that, would you?

also, while i'm on a roll, it's documented that there were trans people living [and thriving - mostly they were very well regarded] in the ancient world, so you might wanna rethink the ol' it's-hormones-in-the-water theory.

In the ancient world it was just dress up, unless they had modern procedures then?

real glad you seem to have taken so much from my impassioned opening up about my horrific past, makes me feel so great to be sharing my time with you guys.

if by "modern procedures" you mean a hormone regimen, which is all an overwhelming majority of us do in this day and age, then heck yea you better believe it! the romans distilled estrogen from the urine of pregnant mares, and it was so successful and potent that it's only recently science has synthesised a better alternative. it was used by priestesses who were highly revered and generally considered to be of great beauty. there are some utterly sublime statues in their honour surviving in various galleries and museums.
close enough?

But that doesn't mean they changed someone's gender. As for your "horrific past", I'm not going to comment on that here.

they didn't change anyone's gender.
they used medicine to help align girls bodies to the gender that they already were.
just like we do today.
nice attempt to move the goalposts, pity you are so willfully uninformed that you help to prove my point.

Actually, I think you proved my point from another thread a while back that surgery isn't necessary..

correct.
for most of us, surgery is not necessary.
for some of us, it is.
see it's what's called a 'personal choice', made in accordance with our own varying, unique personal needs.
different humans have different needs.
some people's needs are different to yours, this does not make them any less important to those people than your needs are to you.
stop me if i'm going too fast here.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

It does affect people. The trans movement drags innocent kids into a lifetime of health issues. The damage to actual real womens rights, by male privileged guys, mostly suffering from autogynophila, is disturbing. Female safe spaces are being eroded.
Womens sports are in danger of being taken over by men.

Im no super rightwinger by the way, im not a political person.

That's pure speculation though. Female safe spaces? Lifetime of health issues? Women's rights? You act like it's a huge percentage of people doing this and they are going to take over. Sorry women's sports are not in danger and neither are their rights. That's slippery slope fallacy.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

No offense, but 50 is not a large number, considering there are 65 million people in the UK.

what's the population of the UK?
i just googled it, it's 65.6 million.

...65 000 000

yeah that's not exatly what i would call a large number.

Ok, so had to come back to answer this.

there's not 65 million children in the UK! 65 Million population altogether so 50 children per week is quite a lot.

the number of under-18s in 2007 = 13,112,654 according to stats. On 2011 there was 3.5m children under five in England and Wales.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

what's the population of the UK?
i just googled it, it's 65.6 million.

...65 000 000

yeah that's not exatly what i would call a large number.

Ok, so had to come back to answer this.

there's not 65 million children in the UK! 65 Million population altogether so 50 children per week is quite a lot.

the number of under-18s in 2007 = 13,112,654 according to stats. On 2011 there was 3.5m children under five in England and Wales.

No offense, but that barely even changes the numbers.

Based on 2011 census, There are 11 million people in the UK under the age of 14. That's .00045% of children.

If you only count under 9. You have 7.4 million, which boils down to just .00067% of children.

The outrage is absurd. Be really afraid people, .00067% of you may question your gender as a child. LOL!
edit on 10 26 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Thanks. Had a read of the study and can't say I agree with it's findings. By the authors own admission it has a political bias and it wasn't published in a peer reviewed journal. While a lot of the research is thorough and fair, key elements aren't and instead are based on speculation and assumption (e.g base assumption trans is something wrong). It doesn't carry the validity or weighting of science journals, meta analysis and consensus of WHO, Clinical Excellence Guidelines and the like.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Spoken from a point of true male privilege.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

lololol how does it feel to be a literal cardboard cutout terf

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

Proud to be a terf, actually.

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

How so? Maybe you can break it down for me. How does having less than .001% of children being referred to sex change clinics step on women's rights or ruin women's sports? I honestly don't understand that argument. What rights are being taken away?
edit on 10 28 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What it really comes down to, medically is choosing the option that causes the least harm overall.

Now, while it may be true that some small proportion of these 50 kids a week may end up regretting the treatment they receive (And lets not forget that not all of these 50 kids will get gender reassignment).
The fact is that the way we as a society used to deal with this caused more harm to a greater percentage of the population than the current methodology...So what is the problem? Are those of you against this really advocating more harm be done to kids to suit your own prejudices? Do you really think you know better than the doctors that have spent their professional lives learning about all this?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join