It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Secretive Family Making Billions From the Opioid Epidemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Oxycontin shall henceforth be known as the 'Chosen Balm" or 'Salve de Zion'. It's so comforting to know that a slice of the pie is funneled to Israel as the U.S. can be just a tad tight-fisted when it comes to their (harumph) loans.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golden Rule
Oxycontin shall henceforth be known as the 'Chosen Balm" or 'Salve de Zion'. It's so comforting to know that a slice of the pie is funneled to Israel as the U.S. can be just a tad tight-fisted when it comes to their (harumph) loans.

And the hidden agenda burbles to the surface....

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: Justso
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Of course people are or should be responsible for their actions. But art and Israel?

The auto makers pay alot for their mistakes and there are many examples.

The two do not equate. This family has turned its back on something that they have gained from and nothing to help the sufferers? Not buying it.

Oh I do agree with you. Just saying that some fault should be on the people who take too much. But I see the evil side, how they push these meds to people who maybe do not need something as strong and addictive. Hopefully natural substances in time will take over.

Nothing 'natural ' works nearly as well as opiates. Btw, how do we define natural? Opium is from nature, a plant no different than weed.

Hell, arsenic is natural, yet we don't extol it's medicinal virtues.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
why aren't we slapping opioid buyers and traffickers with felonies and excessive jail times and treat their addictions as a crime instead of a medical condition.?

a drug addict is arrested, charged with a crime, etc, when they are caught breaking a law... Im not sure changes are advocating here.

If someone shows up to a treatment facility, to get help, you want them arrested for being an addict?

How long should their sentence be? What if, after their time spent in prison rather than in treatment getting help, they are still an addict? There's more drugs in prison per capita than on the streets. Plus thete is agood chance this person will now suffer additional issues due to the brutality of prison life.

Now you just took a simple junkie and turned him into a even worse addict with addictions to 2 or 3 drugs instead of one, a gang member, and now hes got a big grudge against society...

No Thank You... Let YOUR family gwt murdered and raped by a psychopath just so you can get the satisfaction of saying "yup...that junky got what wuz comin to him",

but as for me, I LOVE and CARE about my loved ones and those of my friends family, neighbors, ats friends, etc, to want them living in a world full of deranged criminals.

But that's me. I dont get any joy watching miserable people be punished, let alone getting so much joy that i cant even stop for a moment to think logically about the fate and safety of my loved ones...
edit on 10/30/2017 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Just so we are all clear: when the urban black community was being ravished by crack coc aine brought in to this country to finance an illegal covert war in Latin America, it was out of control "Black Crime" and the Republican Congress punished the addicts with mandatory prison sentences. Now that poor rural and small town white folks are abusing prescription drugs ("opioids") it is a "health crisis," and the Republican Congress is appropriating billions to help cure their addiction. Presumably, this is because those junkies will vote to support the current regime in Washington.
edit on 31-10-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2017 by DJW001 because: Edit too correct autocorrect. --DJW001

top topics

<< 1   >>

join