It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mueller Now Investigating Democratic Lobbyist Tony Podesta

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
From NBC News.
Mueller Now Investigating Democratic Lobbyist Tony Podesta

Tony Podesta and the Podesta Group are now the subjects of a federal investigation being led by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, three sources with knowledge of the matter told NBC News.

Not one, not two, but three sources with knowledge of the matter.
That makes me wonder, how do they define "knowledge of the matter"? I've got a little knowledge of the matter. Very little.

The sources said the investigation into Podesta and his company began as more of a fact-finding mission about the ECMU and Manafort's role in the campaign, but has now morphed into a criminal inquiry into whether the firm violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act, known as FARA.

The next bit is from further down in the article, but I moved it as it seems to fit better here.

The Podesta Group filed a FARA registration for its work with ECMU only after the payments were reported by the media.

Willful failure to file the forms is a felony and can result in up to five years in prison, though such prosecutions are rare.

I am assuming this means they must prove intent in order to prosecute.

The report said the ECMU campaign was designed to sway public opinion and included attempts to solicit favorable press coverage in The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal.

I do not think anything will become of this. The article states that prosecutions are rare. I would assume that convictions are extremely rare.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

You mean Mueller is investigating Clinton associates? That reeks of impartiality and objectivity! If Mueller incites Podesta, would you be willing to accept the charges he makes against the Trump campaign?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
I don't know anymore. I really don't.
If Mueller brings down only Trump and/or associates, I see the Trump supporters claiming wrongdoing and that Mueller should be investigated.
If Mueller brings down Clinton and/or associates, I see Clinton supporters claiming wrongdoing and that Mueller should be investigated.

If he brings down neither, He will be accused of being in somebody's pocket or being incompetent.

If he brings down both, I will see him as a hero.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This is John Podesta's brother. It isn't him. I'm glad the special investigation is impartial, I'm interested in hearing about who did what when it comes to Russia.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Very appropriate.

Podesta had clear ties to Russia; let's follow the truth where it takes us.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

This is John Podesta's brother. It isn't him. I'm glad the special investigation is impartial, I'm interested in hearing about who did what when it comes to Russia.

really like his brother didn't lend him a hand in any dealings. hey want to buy a bridge?

The Podesta Group is a lobbying and public affairs firm based in Washington, D.C.. It was founded in 1988 by brothers John Podesta and Tony Podesta and has previously ...
Podesta Group

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Sacrificial lamb...

Interesting that this comes out after the story bribes leading into the uranium story was out..

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Very appropriate.

Podesta had clear ties to Russia; let's follow the truth where it takes us.

Of course it is.

Shame that so many here on ats fought so hard to say that Hillary's connections to russia didn't need investigated, and only right wing conspiracy theorists such as Grassley were calling for it.

How quickly the tune changes.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This is starting to look like one of those movies where the mad scientist or wizard unleashes a horrible monster, and the monster then turns and kills its "master". At least, I can hope that's how it turns out. Because if it turns out the only real Russian collusion involves the Podestas, and that leads right back to the Clinton's doorstep, well then whatchagonnado?

edit on 23-10-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
maybe he should ask tony and john what they were doing in Praia da Luz the night Madeline McCann went missing, if you want to see the official photofit of the suspects see here.

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: unfin

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: unfinished

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Neither Manifort nor Flynn registered as foreign agents until they were discovered by investigations to be so. It seems to be a trend.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LondonMan

Just stop.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LondonMan

Just stop.
what's the matter, does this not fit your anti trump narrative lol here you go the huff post even put tony and johns pictures forward as suspects, along with the metropolitan police, but as Sigmund Freud is involved, the establishment has gone all quiet www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Still don't trust Mueller...He's too staffed up with Clinton comrades.
This feels like a diversion from U1.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Mueller, along with deputy attorney general James Comey, threatened the administration to resign from office, in March 2004, if the White House overruled a Department of Justice finding that domestic wiretapping without a court warrant was unconstitutional.Attorney General John Ashcroft denied his consent to attempts by White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card and White House Counsel Alberto Gonzales to waive the Justice Department ruling and permit the domestic warrantless eavesdropping program to proceed. On March 12, 2004, George W. Bush gave his support to changes in the program sufficient to satisfy the concerns of Mueller, Ashcroft and Comey
........says it all really

edit on 23-10-2017 by LondonMan because: spelling

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Tony Podesta is trending on Twitter.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: abago71
Tony Podesta is trending on Twitter.

I and many others have been bringing this up for a while.

The claim for an investigation into trumps team was that they possibly had relations with Russian agents that they would use to influence trump to issue favorable policies to russia.

With the podesta group, we had proof that they were taking money from russia to lobby on their behalf. But somehow many on the left felt this was different.

Just think of all of the media and politicians that screamed about the need to investigate any Russian connections that knew of podesta lobbying for Russia and said nothing.

It is proof that these people are not actually concerned with stopping Russian influence, but just really want to bring trump down.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have serious concerns about what Mueller is doing. The SC has morphed into a broad investigation on anyone and everyone it seems. Much as I am all for drawing out all the poison in Washington, I think the efforts need to be restated. This has the potential to run for decades with NO ONE actually being held to account till it's too late. I mean that from both sides. If Trump or his campaign team did something wrong, then at this rate they'll have served their second terms and either be dead or on a beach somewhere by the time Mueller is finished and, likewise for the Podesta's of this world.

There is no harm in having more than one special counsel - each with specific remits.
edit on 23/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: abago71

In addition to his speaking and teaching roles, Mueller also joined the law firm WilmerHale as a partner in its Washington office in 2014 "

A team of Wilmer Hale attorneys represents the “Algerian Six”, a group of men who fell under suspicion of planning to attack the US embassy in Bosnia and who are now held in the Guantanamo Bay detainment camp

In January 2007, Cully Stimson, deputy assistant secretary of defense for detainee affairs, criticized Wilmer Hale and other major law firms for representing "the very terrorists who hit their bottom line back in 2001," and questioned whether such work was really being done pro bono or might actually receive funding from shadowy sources.
Mueller has his own questionable record of covering up cover ups.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Grambler

Neither Manifort nor Flynn registered as foreign agents until they were discovered by investigations to be so. It seems to be a trend.

Indeed. In other words nothing unusual for Washington and likely an issue for all campaigns who choose anyone with a history in Washington to represent them. I'd say the chances of recruiting at least one person with dirt in their background if you select from that pool is 100%.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join