It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
This coming from McCain is rich!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But a coward who lied to get out of serving is much better than a man who served. (eye roll)
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

I have much more respect for a person who decided NOT to go over seas to Vietnam and kill innocents.

I have zero respect for an Officer who gets captured and then helps the enemy!

But then, I lived through this era ... that war was pure evil.

P

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Ewerfekt

Why would anyone sane go to war they don't support absolutely or in other words why would someone who was/is against that war bash someone else for not going there?

That's not actually what McCain was talking about. His point was that the draft was inherently unfair (the wealthy could more easily avoid being drafted)...while taking a jab at Trump.

edit on 10/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

NOT to mention it mixes hippies in with nominal men at war, Like FULL Metal Jacket.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
John Mccain, has taken aim at Trump over his alleged draft dodging, with a reasonably savage attack on Trump.

www.foxnews.com...

Sen. John McCain appeared to take a swipe at President Trump in an interview that aired Sunday when he called out the “highest income” Americans at the time who found a doctor to say they had a “bone spur” so they could avoid the Vietnam draft.

“We drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur,” McCain said “That is wrong. That is wrong. If we are going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve.”

The New York Times reported last year that Trump received a total of five military deferments during the war. Four were for education and one—in 1968—was the bone spurs in his heels. During that time, the U.S. inducted about 300,000 men into the military.

Very convenient that wealthy Trump received so many deferments from the war, but so many others were called. Then for Trump to take potshots at McCain for being 'caught', all this from a draft-dodging liar is really rich.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said during the campaign. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Mealy mouthed words from someone too gutless to serve, and too gutless to be a true conscientious objector. The wannabee militarist is simply to hoaxer-in-chief.

OK..Let me get this all straight. We are going to now listen to McCain though in in the Obama 1.0 election he was senile, insane, unfit for office, and so old that it was important that Pallin was a heartbeat form the oval office?
..Umm..OK

How much was Trump worth in the late 60's as a college student? I am kind of old and had never even heard of the man till the early 1980's when he was sort of evil and Japan was buying the country so they where really evil.
edit on 10/24/2017 by DrumJunkie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Canada is smart enough most of the time to stay out of those wars.

Thanks, I wish I could the same about my taxes in Australia, fighting overseas, as part of our ANZUS alliance. When there wasn't any proof of WMD's. What really pisses me off was our dept of foreign affairs contributing 100 million to the Clinton Foundation.

I apologize for lumping you in with warmongers.
edit on 24-10-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

So well articulated, and yet few will truly understand that most wars are all for serving for the interests of the few. And yet still sign up for the military seeing it as some badge of honour to involve themselves in overseas incursions.

They do themselves a disservice in failing to see that they keep the country in perpetual debt to finance these wars thereby furthering their countries decline into indebtedness, and thir standard of living thrown to the dump heap

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That's fascinating and I don't doubt your account or the details about any of it. But I don't see what the hell that has to do with what we're talking about.

We're not arguing about whether he was an Ace Pilot or not or whether he's at fault for the crash or anything like that.

At least I wasn't and I don't think the comment your made that I replied to did either. But maybe I'm wrong.

My point was about how someone, like McCaine for example, regardless of him being a Hero to some and a Dumbass to others, is still capable of saying something truthful that others should listen to. It depends upon what's said, not if he's a hero or not. Just like for those who think he's a hero, that doesn't mean everything he says should be accepted either. It goes both ways.

That's what I was talking about. I didn't realize you were talking Aviation specifics or whatever.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If everone did like Trump then so many Vietnamese would still be alive.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

No worries, all good..I understand how you feel.
Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
It always cracks me up when people go on these draft dodger kicks.

How exactly was going to war in Vietnam a service to our country? Were they a threat to US security or freedom?

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

I've been active duty for over 16 years and I have no problem with anyone who was able to skip out on that sh!t show.

The World Police aka America ,
Dont want Communism to Spread in SW ASIA

it was Basically a Fund Raiser for Major Company's to Build War Machines &
Weapons for the Vietnam War
en.wikipedia.org...

so they can sell ( send the Bill ) too their Government ( both sides ) for the Military to use . aka NEW Military P[lay TOYS
to Test and Try outs and Play Chess in South West ASIA.

Not for Our Freedom , Our Men were Dying for the Prevention of Commies taking over
South West Asia America and the UN did not like the fact. ( McCarthyism )
but most dont understand that fact! , it was A Police Action Disguised as a WAR,

you didn't Know this! ??

Ohh yeah i forgot ,,

Originally it Started out in the Mid 1950s
when France had the Country by the Ass , with Their plantations
and Vietnamese were fighting back , ( with the Help with China and Russia )
and France getting their asses handed too them
and calling for Assistance and backup ! too the USA and UN !
when multiple failed events , to keep their so called land in Vietnam

The BRASS was Getting itchy ,

You just get me elected, and I'll give you your damned war.
- Lyndon B Johnson

Said in the Oliver Stones Movie JFK ,
and Johnson's Mistress that was there, when he Said it.

Want More ??? Watch some : L. Fletcher Prouty aka MR X interviews .
on Youtube

McCain is a sad OLD SOLE !

The Service men were Pawns for the Elite in the Cold war conflict,
of Land grabbing , Pupating States Puppet Countries like Japan and South Korea
Dont forget who McCains daddy was. His Daddy wanted to be in LAOS and Cambodia
making Deals with the Elite there in both Countries, so much The Leader of Cambodia was in his
House in Hawaii recovering from a Illness .

So you can see How the MIND SET on McCain is ,
from his Upbringing from father to grand dad ,

edit on 32017WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago10297 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

At the word "RINO" I thought you understood my response ,not to mention I am warrior not a civilian, my logic base isn't in question here ,it is wether or not McCain will work for party or America.
The PARTIES are broken corrupt and keep killing off our troops with SCREWED up IDEAS we NOW have to pay the bill for,we are attacking them,Trump is the result..a BLUNT instrument to be sure,but with traditional values that keep us alive and above others who fall.
We use the flag specifically for inspiration and honor as opposed to a TOOL for emotional ,activist, petty, assaults IN ORDER to to GET attacked so the Academy award winners get paid in COURT for the nasty HARM done to them,and it furthers their dogma.
OTHERWISE we fall ,as a country, to globalists and Balkanize, for TEXAS to eventually RULE.
I HATE CHEW!

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

But a coward who lied to get out of serving is much better than a man who served. (eye roll)
a reply to: jacquesdarippa

I have much more respect for a person who decided NOT to go over seas to Vietnam and kill innocents.

I have zero respect for an Officer who gets captured and then helps the enemy!

But then, I lived through this era ... that war was pure evil.

P

If that was the actual reason, then Trump would use it. He didn't so that makes him a coward, it would be more admiral to admit he was scared rather then to hide behind a fake ailment.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It's about time somebody called out that draft dodging gutless coward that's infecting the White House. And in case people were wondering McCain isn't a favorite of the left he's just convenient weapon to be used against the top Republican right now.

posted on Oct, 25 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
And in case people were wondering McCain isn't a favorite of the left he's just convenient weapon to be used against the top Republican right now.

LMAO

At least you are willing to cop to it.

McCain isn't much loved on the right or middle, either. "Tolerated" is a more appropriate term.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Why would anyone sane go to war they don't support absolutely or in other words why would someone who was/is against that war bash someone else for not going there?

That's not actually what McCain was talking about. His point was that the draft was inherently unfair (the wealthy could more easily avoid being drafted)...while taking a jab at Trump.

I bet it sucked being an Admiral's kid during war time.

How can you tell dad you don't want to go?

No bone spurs for Johnny!

Admirals make pretty good money, don't they?

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Agreed, and McCain certainly has a good point. It’s the part where he points a finger to a particular case (Trump) is where it gets hairy.

posted on Oct, 26 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

I have evidence he did in fact have bone spurs. Simply take a look at his doctor's statement regarding the matter.

McCain is a disgrace and IMHO a political prostitute.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

No, Trump claims to have had a doctor's letter, one he could not locate.

www.nytimes.com...

He said he had visited a doctor who provided him a letter for draft officials, who granted him the medical exemption. He could not remember the doctor’s name.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Mr. Trump said in the interview.Asked to provide The Times with a copy of the letter, which he had obtained after his fourth student deferment, Mr. Trump said he would have to look for it. A spokeswoman later did not respond to repeated requests for copies of it.

He can't even remember the doctor's name, so where is this statement?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join