It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

I wouldn't call that conclusive, or official evidence..would you? this is in the 1st paragraph:

Admittedly not the world's most reliable source,

Here is another quote from that article:

In McCain's case, the 'wet-start''cooked off' and launched the M34 Zuni rocket from the rear F-4 that punctured the Skyhawk's fueltank, knocked the M-65 1000 lb bomb off it's 500 lb rated mount, and touched off the explosions and massive fire.

Am I reading right that the bomb mount was designed for a 500lb bomb as opposed to the 1,000lb bomb that was mounted?

And I'm not saying he did or didn't cause it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Garmanarnar

bone spurs require an operation

Thats an outright lie.

I had a bone spur 6 years ago - and as my doctor explained at the time - they sometimes disappear without medical intervention. I never needed an op

www.dovemed.com...

What are some Alternative Choices for the Procedure? Bone Spur Removal surgery is generally used only as a last resort, after conservative treatment methods have failed to produce successful results When a bone spur is identified and treated early, conservative methods usually prove to be effective in many cases; particularly, in cases with mild to moderate pain

However, if left unchecked, bone spurs and their associated symptoms may become more serious, in which case a Bone Spur Removal surgical procedures may be required The conservative treatment measures for bone spurs include: Stretching exercises Shoe-related recommendations, such as shoe inserts or orthotic devices (if a bone spur has developed in the heel) Taping or strapping to rest stressed muscles and tendons Physical therapy Over-the-counter medications, such as acetaminophen, or anti-inflammatory medications, such as ibuprofen, to help relieve pain In some individuals, steroid injections may be used to relieve inflammation

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

But when I was 12 in 1968 they also had fanciful theories like the domino effect - anything to sell us the red menace on our northern borders. Then we learned about the Gulf Of Tonkin incident
edit on 23-10-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I'm your huckleberry.

How does someone who plays a variety of very physically intensive sports all the sudden laid low by a miraculous onset of 'bone spurs'. That's like you telling me you shouldn't be held accountable for previous information posted in this thread because you can't read (after responding to my post).

Its like you haven't even fully read this very thread to pose that silly question.

An athlete may think himself a body worth a Michaelangelo sculpture and be gungho about serving but can very well be rejected by Dr Uncle Sammy for something like bone spurs, scoliosis, fallen arches, color blindness, the list goes on.

This is just one of those 'aha we got him for real this time' fails. When oh when will the lefts' butthurt go away?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: StunPrix

Nah - he didnt go into anything productive like flying commercial planes - he makes westerns, dreaming of a bygone era when John Wayne was his hero

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You didn't get the memo - JFK was assassinated for 1) trying to enact a precious metal based currency 2) not involving the US in Indo-China

There hasn't been an honest President since. You might like to educate yourself

www.mygen.com...

But to pour money, material, and men into the jungles of Indochina without at least a remote prospect of victory would be dangerously futile and self-destructive. Of course, all discussion of “united action” assumes the inevitability of such victory; but such assumptions are not unlike similar predictions of confidence which have lulled the American people for many years and which, if continued, would present an improper basis for determining the extent of American participation.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

ass on the line and were captured and tortured while serving.

Serving who? The MIC. Good to know the USA is debt free and awash in 5c a gallon oil since the invasion of the ME. Meh the utter stupidity of some people -

yeah war=patriotism rah rah

Tell me again how your great nation has eliminated taxation or enjoys universal health coverage with all that stolen overseas loot.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Tell me again how your great nation has eliminated taxation or enjoys universal health coverage with all that stolen overseas loot

I'm Canadian..why don't you tell me all about it
nice use of the word stupidity BTW!!

My point in all this is Trump should of kept his mouth shut about McCain to begin with, I agree with you many wars/police actions are not helping anyone but a select few.
Canada is smart enough most of the time to stay out of those wars.
edit on 23-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: bgerbger

Got any proof that Trump didn't have spurs in his heels .

You got any proof that he did?

www.nytimes.com...

Back in 1968, at the age of 22, Donald J. Trump seemed the picture of health.

He stood 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic build; had played football, tennis and squash; and was taking up golf. His medical history was unblemished, aside from a routine appendectomy when he was 10.

But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

In an interview with The New York Times last month, Mr. Trump said the bone spurs had been “temporary” — a “minor” malady that had not had a meaningful impact on him. He said he had visited a doctor who provided him a letter for draft officials, who granted him the medical exemption. He could not remember the doctor’s name.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Mr. Trump said in the interview.Asked to provide The Times with a copy of the letter, which he had obtained after his fourth student deferment, Mr. Trump said he would have to look for it. A spokeswoman later did not respond to repeated requests for copies of it.

Well apparently there was some kind of proof because they deferred his draft right or no?

And being that the burden of proof is with the proclaimer then it is up to you to prove your claims. So do you have any proof Trump didn’t have bone spurs in his foot?

I rest my case.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Lol

Page after page of deflection as usual.

I love that we even had the "where's your proof" post.

ATS: where brainwashing never dies. Your dear leader is a coward.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
Lol

Page after page of deflection as usual.

I love that we even had the "where's your proof" post.

ATS: where brainwashing never dies. Your dear leader is a coward.

God forbid the OP make a claim then someone ask for proof ‘eh?

What’s wrong with asking the OP to back their claim with some evidence?

I bet you don’t answer this question, I bet you run like a coward.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

www.nytimes.com...

He stood 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic build; had played football, tennis and squash; and was taking up golf. His medical history was unblemished, aside from a routine appendectomy when he was 10.

But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

In an interview with The New York Times last month, Mr. Trump said the bone spurs had been “temporary” — a “minor” malady that had not had a meaningful impact on him. He said he had visited a doctor who provided him a letter for draft officials, who granted him the medical exemption. He could not remember the doctor’s name.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Mr. Trump said in the interview.Asked to provide The Times with a copy of the letter, which he had obtained after his fourth student deferment, Mr. Trump said he would have to look for it. A spokeswoman later did not respond to repeated requests for copies of it.

Well apparently there was some kind of proof because they deferred his draft right or no?

And being that the burden of proof is with the proclaimer then it is up to you to prove your claims. So do you have any proof Trump didn’t have bone spurs in his foot?

I rest my case.

The topic is about McCain slamming Trump. If you have read the entire thread, you will note that there is potentially circumstantial evidence that Trump got a doctor to write a fake certificate. We don't know as the the supposed certificate has never been produced. He says he has spurs but cannot produce the evidence.

Given Trump's history of lying, I suspect everything that comes out of his mouth is garbage, and I trust McCain's word a little more.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

I rest my case.

The topic is about McCain slamming Trump. If you have read the entire thread, you will note that there is potentially circumstantial evidence that Trump got a doctor to write a fake certificate. We don't know as the the supposed certificate has never been produced. He says he has spurs but cannot produce the evidence.

Given Trump's history of lying, I suspect everything that comes out of his mouth is garbage, and I trust McCain's word a little more.

Okay just answer these questions.

Did his draft get deferred or not?

How is it possible that Trumps draft was deferred, what would have had to happen?

I mean apparently the government didn’t just say “hey look let’s just pick a random person and defer their draft.”

By the way McCain’s word < 0

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I'll say it right here and now. Had I been of age in the Vietnam era, I would have gone ROTC had I been drafted.

ROTC.... Run Over To Canada.

That war had nothing to do with defending America, and had everything to do with us sticking our noses where it didn't belong.

Someone invades this land, I'll be the first to pick up my guns and fight for my country.

I spent the entirety of my adult life from age 18 to age 36 dreading the possibility of a draft. The Selective Service requirement for MEN is absolutely ridiculous. Especially since women didn't have to register. So much for Equal right's eh? But I don't see any women clamoring for THAT "privilege".

But I do see a lot of women the last two days calling out Trump for "draft dodging" when they themselves do not have to deal with it. If men can't have an opinion on abortion, then......

However, I digress. Here's a nice article about Trump, and this non issue of "draft dodging" Which incidentally, is not a crime. And also incidentally, his number was never called for him to have to use his deferment.

www.politifact.com...
edit on 24-10-2017 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

I rest my case.

How is it possible that Trumps draft was deferred, what would have had to happen?

I mean apparently the government didn’t just say “hey look let’s just pick a random person and defer their draft.”

According to this article Trump had five deferments.

edition.cnn.com...

Trump, who attended the private New York Military Academy as a young man, received five military draft deferments during the Vietnam War, including one medical deferment after he was diagnosed with bone spurs in his foot.

I do not know the process by which this happens, but I am also not living in the U.S.

Trump is a proven serial liar, McCain, not so much that I am aware of.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:14 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

I rest my case.

edition.cnn.com...

Trump, who attended the private New York Military Academy as a young man, received five military draft deferments during the Vietnam War, including one medical deferment after he was diagnosed with bone spurs in his foot.

I do not know the process by which this happens, but I am also not living in the U.S.

The OP and others in this thread is insinuating that Trump did not have valid reasons to defer his draft. That’s a great thing to point out. Now all they have to do is offer some evidence to back their claims.

How many people had their draft deferred? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Are they are ALL Cowards? Why or why not?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

He's The POTUS respect it !

Respect is earned. Fk your president!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI>>> McCain is a traitor. Not to his party( neither party deserves any loyalty, no honor among thieves) but he is a traitor to his country and a disgrace to his military past. He's sold his soul literally to the likes of George Soros and God knows what kind of perversion he's a part of to make them control him like they do. So as much Trump is imperfect and a jerk, if a piece of human feces like McCain bad mouths him, that has to be taken as a positive in Trump's favor.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

He's The POTUS respect it !

Respect is earned. Fk your president!

That’s your argument? “Fk your president “?

That’s all you got?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

I rest my case.

edition.cnn.com...

The OP and others in this thread is insinuating that Trump did not have valid reasons to defer his draft. That’s a great thing to point out. Now all they have to do is offer some evidence to back their claims.

How many people had their draft deferred? Hundreds of thousands? Millions? Are they are ALL Cowards? Why or why not?

Liberals run from this sort of logic.

Run coward run!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join