It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Wasnt it all the lefties that never supported the the War, and spit on the troops when they came back?

And cheered and made excuses for the ones that dodged it Like Ali among others?

But since Trump did it .. Well you know LMFAO.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
a reply to: FauxMulder

I'd rather have a grudging respect for a politician who is consistent. If you like like aligning yourself to the d*ck-in-chief and will support him through whatever ridiculous contortions he makes, that basically says it all.

Opps found something you might want to read.
Do l bone spurs on the feet require surgery? Apparently not.

So John dont have a foot to stand on here..get it?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
HE would have saved MORE lives on a certain carrier being a PUBLIC AFFAIRS officer, than attempting to be a fighter pilot,with HIS flying record.
edit on 23-10-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

But its nice to know how McCain feels about people who don't serve.

It's about as nice to know as how Trump feels about those who put their ass on the line and were captured and tortured while serving.

Just saying..I'm not pro war.
edit on 23-10-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Too bad it still exists...and you aren't informed enough to find out any better.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

and you aren't informed enough to find out any better

With all due respect..how so?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
John Mccain, has taken aim at Trump over his alleged draft dodging, with a reasonably savage attack on Trump.

www.foxnews.com...

Sen. John McCain appeared to take a swipe at President Trump in an interview that aired Sunday when he called out the “highest income” Americans at the time who found a doctor to say they had a “bone spur” so they could avoid the Vietnam draft.

“We drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur,” McCain said “That is wrong. That is wrong. If we are going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve.”

The New York Times reported last year that Trump received a total of five military deferments during the war. Four were for education and one—in 1968—was the bone spurs in his heels. During that time, the U.S. inducted about 300,000 men into the military.

Very convenient that wealthy Trump received so many deferments from the war, but so many others were called. Then for Trump to take potshots at McCain for being 'caught', all this from a draft-dodging liar is really rich.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said during the campaign. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Mealy mouthed words from someone too gutless to serve, and too gutless to be a true conscientious objector. The wannabee militarist is simply to hoaxer-in-chief.

Look man. I don't like Mccain. I don't like Trump. Neither of them.

But the Vietnam War was a horrific situation we shouldn't have been in. It caused the deaths of tens of thousands of Americans and over a million Vietnamese, Cambodians, and Laotians, largely without any positive impact long-term

There is no glory in having been involved in Vietnam, and in fact those that "draft dodged" it were wiser than the people who went. I am not anti-veteran, but in order to resolve problematic foreign policies we can't put on the kids gloves with analyzing conflicts, just because some people were involved.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

WAR BAD is a non starter of logical conversation about it when it doesn't mean anything about dis cussing it,JUST a subjective feeling.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well I never said war bad, just not "pro war" ..sometimes it is necessary. I'm proud of my family members who served in wartime.
Anyway, point taken.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure what McCain is getting at here. Is he trying to knock Trump for not serving?

Pretty useless now that he is in total command of the most powerful military the world has ever seen.

Seems to me he took the best route to command.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I sorry you got drafted, Mr. McCain

McCain is a third generation Naval Academy graduate (ring knocker). He wasn't drafted.

His father was a four star Admiral in command of all of Europe when he joined .

His Grandfather was a four star Admiral.

McCain was carried up until the point he was shot down and became a propaganda gold mine to the North Vietnamese.

Had he not been shot down he probably would have continued on and became an Admiral as well. The hype over his POW status allowed his to enter politics instead.

+I think McCain hates the military because of how he was treated to be honest. Look at his voting record for Vets and his desire to get America into action anywhere he can. That's just opinion though, the rest is fact+

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
but the bone spurs were real!!!!

i knows it

hahahahahahahah

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Y'all are wasting your time arguing with the Trumpanzees. They will never allow the idea that their Daddy Trump isn't perfect in every way. They've been his cuck for too long now and aren't able to escape his hold over them.

Just let them deflect, or make personal attacks or whatever it is they do to defend him. At this point everyone knows they're hypocrisy has no limits anyway. They're shameless and lack all honesty when it comes to Trump. If anything you should just feel pity for them for having no spine whatsoever or enough dignity to go against their new Orange Skinned Master's shinny little lies. They have no zero credibility left, if they ever had any to begin with, nor any sense of moral judgement.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: Wayfarer

And it takes a special kind of special for people to believe Hillary was a better choice . Mental gymnastics indeed .

He never said that he though Hillary was any better...

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Wayfarer

I think you are wrong for a simple reason. They are both #$@%-bags.

Trump has no room to call McCain anything in reference to his military experience based simply on the grounds that he didn't serve.

McCain has no room to criticize anyone for not serving as he had EVERYTHING handed to him and he still dicked it up. Calling out anyone that didn't serve for medical reasons is weak as it leaves the opponent defenseless.

Cowards run from war (Clinton), rich kids find ways to avoid war if they are smart (Bush) and get captured if they are stupid (McCain), uber rich kids simple avoid the war all together (Trump). Some simply refuse to go and change their religion in protest and to avoid war(Ali).

I don't blame them. War sucks. Its being sweaty and dirty for months sometimes. Having sand in places you can't mention for weeks on end. Drinking warm water and eating cold food for a year. Getting shot at or (gods forbid) even shot. Having your vehicle blown up at random as you drive down the road. Seeing friends die or seeing them kill and knowing nobody is leaving the way they came. The horrors of combat cannot be explained in a single post. All that can be said is "no sane person wants to be there".

How then can we call a man a coward for finding a way out? He was simply not a fool.

He is a coward for talking # about the people that served their country in this way. The entire thread is about his hate filled hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: bgerbger

Dunno man...McCain sounds like the jerks that I grew up around who thought that the only road to "being a man" was to serve.

Meanwhile, I can't shake the notion that serving only promotes death and harms the world.

Trump sucks for a lot of reasons....his military service (or lack thereof) is not one of those reasons. But its nice to know how McCain feels about people who don't serve.

Don't get your panties bunched up there bud, he was making a very directed statement about Trump. Your lack of service, or anyone else's is the least of anyone's worries. But when you run your mouth about someone's service, while at the same time doing whatever you can to get out of serving, then you get what you deserve when someone brave enough to go rips into you.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: VoxVirtus

IT PALES in comparison to obstructing for one's political party, like McCain.
THATS worse than any speech, but SOME only SEE the speech and NOTHING else then react to it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: VoxVirtus

IT PALES in comparison to obstructing for one's political party, like McCain.
THATS worse than any speech, but SOME only SEE the speech and NOTHING else then react to it.

Maybe that's because people who you may not like personally are still capable of telling the truth so ignoring what someone says because you don't like who they are is just dumb.

Many members in here have admitted they don't like McCain or his policies or his character or his history or even the man himself. But they're still willing to look at what he said for what it is.

Same thing happens around here all the time too. Other members who don't like another member on a personal level refuse to agree with them regardless of what they say, even when it's true or even insightful. What a shame that such bias controls the weak minded.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: bgerbger

He stood 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic build; had played football, tennis and squash; and was taking up golf.

I once finished a game of Aussie rules with a broken wrist . Didnt make my wrist any less unbroken .

Good point.
I`ve fought through alot of fights (amateur and professional), with broken knuckles, fingers, nose and once with a fractured jaw.
As a fighter, you`re never 100% healthy going into a fight, despite what you tell the press LOL.
Anyway.......

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

blog.nj.com...
Seems their is some substance to it, he wet started the jet, freaked out the pilot behind him, who accidently launched a missile, McCain freaked out and dropped two bombs on the deck .

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join