It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I'm your huckleberry.

How does someone who plays a variety of very physically intensive sports all the sudden laid low by a miraculous onset of 'bone spurs'. That's like you telling me you shouldn't be held accountable for previous information posted in this thread because you can't read (after responding to my post).

Its like you haven't even fully read this very thread to pose that silly question.

I already gave you my answer, maybe you should actually read my reply if you're gonna claim I didn't read the thread. As for your new question of someone who plays physically intensive sports all of a sudden having bone spurs, I agree sounds like an excuse. But, that's between him and his doctor which is what I was getting at in my post. Guess you would've had to read it to understand it though.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

i don't know man, why should we give any attention to insults like this?
we should be focusing on insisting to our elected leaders to avoid war with north korea and avoid war with iran.

distractions like this do us no good.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab

we should be focusing on insisting to our elected leaders to avoid war with north korea and avoid war with iran.

There's a lot of this going on. Take the whole flap about Trump supposedly disrespecting that widow during the phone call. There's a question that's been lost in all of that: What in the hell was the US Army doing in Niger? What was going on there?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: subfab

There's a lot of this going on. Take the whole flap about Trump supposedly disrespecting that widow during the phone call. There's a question that's been lost in all of that: What in the hell was the US Army doing in Niger? What was going on there?

excellent question.
it is one that needs answering too.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
As for your new question of someone who plays physically intensive sports all of a sudden having bone spurs, I agree sounds like an excuse. But, that's between him and his doctor which is what I was getting at in my post.

Ok, so miraculous sudden onset bone-spurs and coincidental sudden remission after the war (without surgery) should be discounted because neither Trump nor his Dr. remembers, and because they didn't keep the records? You've already admitted it sounds suspicious (because it is suspicious). I guess next you're going to claim Ockham was a quack and the least likely scenario is what you're going to bet on? You've picked a strange hill to die on.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Can we please get back to Trump and his magic disappearing bone spurs on his feet? My wife had a bone spur on one foot. It was very painful and it required an operation to remove it, plus a cast for weeks afterwards and then a surgical boot for weeks after that. These things don't magically vanish.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Got any proof that Trump didn't have spurs in his heels .

any proof he did?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Meh, who cares what that senile old fart says.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

What an excellent description of Trump! But what do you think about McCain then?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

haha. Guess it goes both ways.

Too bad neither of these issues about these men will do anything to change the country for the better.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

That's rich seeing he wet started his jet, and killed a load of service men, when taking off from a carrier in Vietnam.Since his Father was an Admiral it didn't go very far, so the story goes.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

That's rich seeing he wet started his jet, and killed a load of service men, when taking off from a carrier in Vietnam.Since his Father was an Admiral it didn't go very far, so the story goes.

You're right. I read some of the threads here on ats about what John McCain did when he was in the military. Pretty tragic.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity

Do you have any proof of this, or is this just a garbled and incorrect version of the USS Forrestal fire, which wasn't his fault?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Garmanarnar

Quite a bit, bone spurs require an operation, trump never had an operation for bone spurs nor remembers when/how it miraculously cured itself.
He plays golf, you may have noticed, difficult with bone spurs, let alone the fact he tried and failed at tennis while dodging the draft.

My dad had bone spurs and never had an operation.

What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I thought you lefties love and support draft dodgers??

Oh I get it, it's fake outrage time again.

👍

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: Garmanarnar

Quite a bit, bone spurs require an operation, trump never had an operation for bone spurs nor remembers when/how it miraculously cured itself.
He plays golf, you may have noticed, difficult with bone spurs, let alone the fact he tried and failed at tennis while dodging the draft.

My dad had bone spurs and never had an operation.

What are you talking about?

They don't know, I have 3 on my heel and still walk around, can be painful but with proper padding or orthos you can deal with it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can we please get back to Trump and his magic disappearing bone spurs on his feet? My wife had a bone spur on one foot. It was very painful and it required an operation to remove it, plus a cast for weeks afterwards and then a surgical boot for weeks after that. These things don't magically vanish.

Your post did make me do a google search. Admittedly, I am with the crowd that says, "Sure you had bone spurs." sarcastically about Trump, naturally. I will admit that. Yet, your experience is not the norm apparently.

How Are Heel Spurs Treated?
In extreme cases, a doctor may recommend surgery for the removal of heel bone spurs. Fortunately, this is the exception rather than the rule. Most cases can be resolved with a combination of icing, rest, foot stretches and supporting the foot with an orthotic shoe insert specifically designed for this condition. We recommend that you continue on to our article on Heel Spur Treatment to discover the best, speediest and most affordable methods of resolving this ailment without invasive medical procedures.
You Don’t Have To Live With The Pain Of Heel Spurs
Heel pain sufferers may put off seeking help because life is so busy or because they are putting the needs of others before their own. Remember that chronic pain is a constant drain on your overall health, vitality and mood. Given the fact that more than 90% of Plantar Fasciitis and heel pain sufferers experience relief within hours or days of starting to wear an affordable orthotic like HTP Heel Seats, there is no reason to keep putting up with the pain. By realigning the ligaments of the foot to a healthy position and re-cushioning the worn down fatty heel pad, HTP Heel Seats take the pressure off the heel spur protrusion and stimulate your body’s natural ability to heal itself. Once they are out of pain, our customers report that they have been able to re-embrace life with the comfort and energy they lost through suffering from Plantar Fasciitis and heel spurs.

Source Link

edit on 10 23 2017 by CynConcepts because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
It always cracks me up when people go on these draft dodger kicks.

How exactly was going to war in Vietnam a service to our country? Were they a threat to US security or freedom?

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

I've been active duty for over 16 years and I have no problem with anyone who was able to skip out on that sh!t show.

But I suppose the ones that didn't should've known what they were getting into, right?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
McCain is an excellent political barometer. Basically if he supports it you can rest assured it's not good for you or I. If he's against something it's only because his club can't profit from it. Remember this pos was a huge supporter for the invasion of Iraq...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join