It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
a reply to: Wayfarer

I think you are wrong for a simple reason. They are both #$@%-bags.

Trump has no room to call McCain anything in reference to his military experience based simply on the grounds that he didn't serve.

McCain has no room to criticize anyone for not serving as he had EVERYTHING handed to him and he still dicked it up. Calling out anyone that didn't serve for medical reasons is weak as it leaves the opponent defenseless.

Cowards run from war (Clinton), rich kids find ways to avoid war if they are smart (Bush) and get captured if they are stupid (McCain), uber rich kids simple avoid the war all together (Trump). Some simply refuse to go and change their religion in protest and to avoid war(Ali).

I don't blame them. War sucks. Its being sweaty and dirty for months sometimes. Having sand in places you can't mention for weeks on end. Drinking warm water and eating cold food for a year. Getting shot at or (gods forbid) even shot. Having your vehicle blown up at random as you drive down the road. Seeing friends die or seeing them kill and knowing nobody is leaving the way they came. The horrors of combat cannot be explained in a single post. All that can be said is "no sane person wants to be there".

How then can we call a man a coward for finding a way out? He was simply not a fool.

You have some mighty good points there.

I would add that a conscripted army is not the best army.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Interesting..didn't realise this thread was about Hillary..I get it though..the cold reality is it's all you guys got

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

That is why there won't be a draft again.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Trump did say he didn't like military personnel who were captured. Sort of opened the door.

Maybe Trump doesn't like the ones who get killed either, who knows.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

If we aren't making war to defend the US...what are we making war for? Lord knows we make a ton of war.

Copy that...

But when Trump starts his war, the Trump supporters will wave the flag and call those that don't support his war traitors.

It's just a matter of time....

.what are we making war for?

Here's your answer.....follow the money.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If we aren't making war to defend the US...what are we making war for? Lord knows we make a ton of war.

Copy that...

But when Trump starts his war, the Trump supporters will wave the flag and call those that don't support his war traitors.

Well...yeah.

The scripts are rolled out in the daily stories and reports. Everyone just takes their talking points from there. Of course it defies logic...Trump is the only racist i know to be awarded for his work among minorities by Rosa Parks herself. LOL, because talking points tell us he's a racist.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
It always cracks me up when people go on these draft dodger kicks.

How exactly was going to war in Vietnam a service to our country? Were they a threat to US security or freedom?

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

I've been active duty for over 16 years and I have no problem with anyone who was able to skip out on that sh!t show.

I'm 41 years old, and at no point in my life has the United States ever been in a war that really needed to be fought. Afghanistan? Iraq? Wars for opium and oil, respectively. Nicaragua, El Salvador, and similar Latin American endeavors were all about overthrowing legitimate governments that weren't considered sufficiently US-friendly. The same thing is currently going on in Syria.

I sorry you got drafted, Mr. McCain, but that's no excuse to send other people's kids off to die for stupid reasons. Or to rip on people who were smart/lucky enough to stay out of the meat grinder.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: watchitburn
It always cracks me up when people go on these draft dodger kicks.

How exactly was going to war in Vietnam a service to our country? Were they a threat to US security or freedom?

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

I've been active duty for over 16 years and I have no problem with anyone who was able to skip out on that sh!t show.

I'm 41 years old, and at no point in my life has the United States ever been in a war that really needed to be fought. Afghanistan? Iraq? Wars for opium and oil, respectively. Nicaragua, El Salvador, and similar Latin American endeavors were all about overthrowing legitimate governments that weren't considered sufficiently US-friendly. The same thing is currently going on in Syria.

I sorry you got drafted, Mr. McCain, but that's no excuse to send other people's kids off to die for stupid reasons. Or to rip on people who were smart/lucky enough to stay out of the meat grinder.

So what's the excuse for a sitting POTUS to rip on those who weren't smart/lucky enough, as you say?

Jesus. The standards that Donald Trump has implemented are abysmal. I honestly can't believe Trump supporters considered NFL players "disrespectful," but find Trump's comments to be in good taste.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
McCain is practically dead already, Trump should send him back to Vietnam and have him buried there.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: olaru12

Copy that...

The scripts are rolled out in the daily stories and reports. Everyone just takes their talking points from there. Of course it defies logic...Trump is the only racist i know to be awarded for his work among minorities by Rosa Parks herself. LOL, because talking points tell us he's a racist.

There are certainly "scripts" being rolled out.

Many of them false fodder for people such as yourself.

Trump WAS NOT given an award for "his work among minorities"

Nor was he given an award "by Rosa Parks herself"!

In 1986, Trump got the "Ellis Island Medals of Honor Award" along with 80 other people at the dinner in NYC in 1986, including Rosa Parks.

The award had nothing to do with " his work among minorities" nor was it given by Rosa Parks.

Where do you get this nonsense? I am genuinely curious.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
They still haven't found my uncles remains in the first Korean war.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
So what's the excuse for a sitting POTUS to rip on those who weren't smart/lucky enough, as you say?

It's not Trump's fault that McCain is a hopeless warmonger. Given McCain's history as a POW, the fact that he's seemingly never met a war he didn't like is something I can't understand, but it's there for all to see. Perhaps he just never mentally escaped from that internment camp, I dunno.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

He's The POTUS respect it

Respect is earned. He might want to work on that point himself.

What exactly does he have to work on ?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yeah, some of my details are incorrect there.

And if you read the details behind it all...it reeks of cronyism and receiving fake awards. The only reason he actually got the award was because someone whined about there not being any Americans getting it, and angled Trump into recieving it.

But the bottom line is, there was a time when Trump was praised by civil rights leaders, like Jesse Jackson. LIkely more because of what he could do for them, than because of his own tireless work.

I read the following summary on Donald and his "black friends"

It isn’t that hard to understand. Like all slave masters before him, President #ty Mc#Face’s relationship with black folks works like this: If you are a black woman, are you hot? If so, then Donald Trump—when he was single—would’ve dated you. If you are a black man, do you have money or power? If so, Trump will leach off you as long as you provide some form of comeuppance for him or his brand. If not, he doesn’t need you.

That seems pretty logical, and would mirror the behavior of people I know with lots of money.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I've thought similar. After his experience I would have thought he would be less hawkish on war. Guess he perceives it would be seen as a weakness.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Look at many of the comments he has made about people in the last year or two.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: soberbacchus

Yeah, some of my details are incorrect there.

Yes. the relevant ones.

I read the following summary on Donald and his "black friends"

It isn’t that hard to understand. Like all slave masters before him, President #ty Mc#Face’s relationship with black folks works like this: If you are a black woman, are you hot? If so, then Donald Trump—when he was single—would’ve dated you. If you are a black man, do you have money or power? If so, Trump will leach off you as long as you provide some form of comeuppance for him or his brand. If not, he doesn’t need you.

That seems pretty logical, and would mirror the behavior of people I know with lots of money.

The above description applies to white people in Trump's world as well, so wouldn't be an indicator of racism.

Racism in Trump's world is a convenience both political and psychological.
It is an intellectual convenience to a narcissist to categorize entire ethnicities, religions and colors as "less than".
The political appeal is much the same, appealing to people looking for scape-goat for their current state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Ha ha nope. Got any that he did? Other than a doctor's word. We've all seen his idea of a good doctor.
An X-Ray showing those spurs would be a good place to start.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You didn't do a season of any sport much less various seasons with the broken wrist either did you? Not exactly the same thing but your empathy is noted.

Tennis? With bone spurs? And all that jumping and running around? Football? Running? Squash again lots of bouncing around on your feet.
And he didn't just muddle through one game with this aledged affliction but consecutive seasons of them.
edit on 10232017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I'm laughing at you guys that actually give a crap whether Trump really had bone spurs or no. When I was about 13 years old, I was mad at Bill Clinton because he dodged the draft. Then I grew up, and realized that war is actually a terrible thing, and there's no shame in not wanting to participate in it. I still hate Clinton, but it's because he's a crook. I couldn't care less what he was doing during the Vietnam War.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join