It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

McCain is trying to get his "debts" settled before he vegetabelizes.

If Trump had been killed in battle, we'd have Hillary. Nuff said!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

So you weren't there.

The way you stated "you don't know the facts" made it sound like you were there.

I've filed plenty of after action reports that have nothing to do with what happened during my missions.

McCain first reported that "he thought he almost killed another pilot" then changed his statement to "something struck my plane or the plane next to me". Daddy as Commander of Europe at the time had considerable power over the decision of a Rear Admiral conducting the investigation (cleaning up "accidents" for a 3rd generation "ring knocker" and future Admiral).

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

Yep that is what I thought. You dont know jack and will not educate yourself because you know it would be counter to your current beliefs.

Please tell me how a rocket fired from a plane that McCain didnt fly and was across the deck from him when it was released was his fault?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The truth hurts. How many past presidents used their family's influence, riches or took a safer route from serving in Vietnam War?

-George W. Bush

Ii is hard to escape the suspicion that Bush got an easy ride through the guard. At the time he did his years in uniform, his father was a prominent Texas congressman, a fact not lost on his commanding officers, who seemed, in the latter years of his service, disinclined to demand regular attendance. "I'd have to have been an idiot not to know about [Bush's parentage]," says Lieutenant-Colonel Albert Lloyd Jr, a retired personnel officer whose signature is on documents released by the White House this week apparently confirming Bush's service. "Bush is sworn into the National Guard and there is his father, Congressman Bush, standing beside him. It was a good chance for unit publicity. Reports during the 2000 elections claimed that Bush and his father pulled strings to get him to the top of the queue. That was vehemently denied by the officer who was instrumental in ushering Bush into the ranks of the guard. But Bush's senior officers must have been acutely conscious that they had a scion of America's political elite in their command."

theguardian

-Bill Clinton

Bill Clinton received education deferments while at Georgetown and Oxford (where he helped organize demonstrations against the war). Second, Clinton attempted to avoid the draft for four years by enrolling, but never joining, the Army Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC).

In December 1969, safe from the draft with his high lottery number, Clinton changed his mind about joining the ROTC program and wrote a letter to the director of the ROTC program thanking him "for saving me from the draft" and regretted misleading him by not revealing the extent of his opposition to the war.

Later in the 1992 campaign, it became known that Clinton's uncle had attempted to get Bill Clinton a Navy Reserve assignment during the Vietnam war.

CNN TIME

So those of you who are defending Trump's deferment and lessening John McCain's service are hypocrites! We have a president who wraps himself in the American flag, yet found ways to defer serving in the Vietnam War! He wants to attack NFL players for taking a knee, yet he took a knee when he was called to serve for his country! If that isn't bad enough, he couldn't even remember the special forces fallen soldiers name when he called the soldiers widow! He than lies about it in effect calling the widow a liar! His statement 'Well I guess you know he knew what he was signing up for, but it still hurts,'" is nothing but ignorance and a lack of empathy for the grieving widow!

Trump Supporters...
justifying this presidents ignorance and blatant lies! Trump supporters are showing their ignorance and continue to look the other way and making excuses for him every time this moron puts his foot in his mouth! They're also making American voters seem ignorant to the rest of the world!

Republican or Democrat, Americans need to stand united and call out every lie and ignorant remark from our political leaders and representatives which spew from their mouths. Americans who defend their "party" leaders at all costs must stop ignoring blatant truths staring them in the face! This ignorant mentality is causing a major division in this country and weakening the voice of all Americans. If Americans want TRUTH and POWER for the people, we need to point out the wrongs in both parties and unite against injustice and vote out all self-serving politicians to create real change for all Americans.

America is much better than this!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I love how the war monger doofus John McCain has become a hero to the left. You guys sure know how to pick winners!

Oh, that's not disrespecting the military.

Lol. You guys are a cult.

EDIT: Trump can literally do no wrong in the eyes of his supporters. You guys whined about NFL players disrespecting the military by taking a knee, but faking an injury to avoid the draft is a-okay.

Lol.
edit on 23-10-2017 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

What are you using as proof that it was a Zuni rocket that caused the initial explosion and not one of McCain's bombs?

Did the impact knock two of McCain's bombs free like he said or one like the reports?

Did the Zuni strike McCain's plane like he said or Lt. Cdr. White's next to him like the reports?

Which reports are you going by the initial after action reports, the ones added to the following day, or the ones conducted by Rear Admiral Massey (for the official report) three months later that don't mention McCain at all?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
It always cracks me up when people go on these draft dodger kicks.

How exactly was going to war in Vietnam a service to our country? Were they a threat to US security or freedom?

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

I've been active duty for over 16 years and I have no problem with anyone who was able to skip out on that sh!t show.

dont you get it man? its the principle of the thing!

yeah, it dont matter if the war was immoral cuz IN PRINCIPLE the Don should have gone just to prove he was man enough to be fed into the meat grinder of war for a war that wasnt even necessary or morally justifiable. Yeah, that'll show em!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Dunno man...McCain sounds like the jerks that I grew up around who thought that the only road to "being a man" was to serve.

Meanwhile, I can't shake the notion that serving only promotes death and harms the world.

Trump sucks for a lot of reasons....his military service (or lack thereof) is not one of those reasons. But its nice to know how McCain feels about people who don't serve.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
People have forgotten how many draft dodgers there were during the Vietnam era.

Quite a few as I recall went to Canada to avoid the draft.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Dunno man...McCain sounds like the jerks that I grew up around who thought that the only road to "being a man" was to serve.

Meanwhile, I can't shake the notion that serving only promotes death and harms the world.

Trump sucks for a lot of reasons....his military service (or lack thereof) is not one of those reasons. But its nice to know how McCain feels about people who don't serve.

I get it...

It's not ....."thank you for your service" any more but....

"You're a dumb sh!t for serving your corporate masters"

The odd thing is, I discovered the above while serving in the military...
edit on 23-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Mccain is going to die soon he looks terrible and is a weak man. I will be happy when he dies.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I get it...

Not odd. Most military people aren't very intelligent which is why they voluntarily sign up to serve corporate masters while risking death.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

I get it...

Not odd. Most military people aren't very intelligent which is why they voluntarily sign up to serve corporate masters while risking death.

Be that as it may....

I learned some very valuable skills in the service; Like how to fly aircraft.

Trump is still a coward, not necessarily because he dodged the draft.
edit on 23-10-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: StunPrix

I get it...

Be that as it may....

I learned some very valuable skills in the service. Like how to fly aircraft.

Good for you. Now you spend all day ATS instead of anything productive. Chalk it up as another liberal complete life fail

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Again, to the Trump defenders, could someone please give me a righteous and concise explanation of how someone who is wealthy enough to pay a Dr. to write a bogus report that gets them out of the draft a good thing?

I don't want to hear silly arguments about whether it was the right war, that's not what I'm asking. I need to see what silly Ouruboros logic you jokers come up with to justify the quintessential example of Rich people dodging the draft with bogus maladies as an actual patriotic and beneficial and good thing for America.

Folks who argue that McCain is in the wrong here look like hypocrites for spouting pro-America patriotic BS then cow-towing to a president who has displayed the antithesis of service to his country. As far as I'm concerned (and I am no fan of McCain), its impossible to place trump ahead of McCain on the patriotism front. McCain is speaking righteous truth: nobody should be given deferments in a draft, especially not rich people.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Again, to the Trump defenders, could someone please give me a righteous and concise explanation of how someone who is wealthy enough to pay a Dr. to write a bogus report that gets them out of the draft a good thing?

I don't want to hear silly arguments about whether it was the right war, that's not what I'm asking. I need to see what silly Ouruboros logic you jokers come up with to justify the quintessential example of Rich people dodging the draft with bogus maladies as an actual patriotic and beneficial and good thing for America.

Folks who argue that McCain is in the wrong here look like hypocrites for spouting pro-America patriotic BS then cow-towing to a president who has displayed the antithesis of service to his country. As far as I'm concerned (and I am no fan of McCain), its impossible to place trump ahead of McCain on the patriotism front. McCain is speaking righteous truth: nobody should be given deferments in a draft, especially not rich people.

How about you prove his medical condition was bogus first, but I bet you can't. If you can do that, then I'd say he's no different than the rest of the rich people that use our 2 tier legal system to their advantage. Some use it to start wars and some use it to dodge wars I guess.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I'm your huckleberry.

How does someone who plays a variety of very physically intensive sports all the sudden laid low by a miraculous onset of 'bone spurs'. That's like you telling me you shouldn't be held accountable for previous information posted in this thread because you can't read (after responding to my post).

Its like you haven't even fully read this very thread to pose that silly question.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
any sane person would have avoided the draft for vietnam

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I try to not put it like that...but that is the essence of it.

Consider when the last time the US military availed itself of a conflict that held US civilian lives in the balance was. Its been a hell of a long time. Not in my lifetime (i was born at the end of VIetnam).

If we aren't making war to defend the US...what are we making war for? Lord knows we make a ton of war.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly

My husband, 2 brothers, brother in law didn't dodge draft. I'm ready to reinstate the draft. That's the only way this chasing terrorists all over the globe will end. When all families feel the pain and futility of this never ending war.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join