It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Garmanarnar

bone spurs do not require an operation. matter of fact, they can go unnoticed. in some cases, surgery might be recommended, if all other treatment has failed and they are causing severe enough problems and often times don't solve the problem.
plantar fasciitis is often present along with heel spurs... and were diagnosed for me when I first started having trouble with my feet. unfortunately, my doctor didn't see any problem with me being on my feet 8-10 hours a day standing and walking on concrete floors, or running an old grommet machine that felt like it was shattering my ankles everytime I did a grommet, or pulling 1000 lb pallets of stock through the shop, or lifting 80 lbs boxes. I finally ended up quiting when I found myself falling every once in awhile, at work, at home, or walking down the street...no disability, no more doctors...

the difference that money makes!!!

but no, surgery was never offered as a solution to me.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

It takes a special kind of 'logic' to infer that a draft-dodger is the bigger paragon of military excellence than an actual service-member that was in the thick of combat. The fact that there are such vociferous defenders of Trump's military 'excellence' is wonderfully educational to the rest of us viewing Trump supporters mental gymnastics as they try and shift the very firmament to make Trump out to be the more patriotic and heroic of the two men discussed here.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

And it takes a special kind of special for people to believe Hillary was a better choice . Mental gymnastics indeed .

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

...and it special kind of 'focus' to be comparing the two men's patriotism in the first place - even more so to limit that comparison to who served in the military. Patriotic people are not defined by military service alone.
edit on 23/10/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

And it takes a special kind of special for people to believe Hillary was a better choice . Mental gymnastics indeed .

I didn't realise that this thread had anything to do with Hillary.

I am curious, where was Hillary mentioned in this thread, and what on Earth does she have to do with draft dodging Trump and John McCain?

The cognitive capacity of Trumpeters has sunk even lower, if that's even possible.
edit on 23-10-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Its always about Trump and Hillary and those still sooking in their beer because Trump won . Doesn't matter how many times you Steven Colbert wannabes try to disparage Trump he will still be the President . Get over it , you have another chance coming up in 3 years .

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I think you are wrong for a simple reason. They are both #$@%-bags.

Trump has no room to call McCain anything in reference to his military experience based simply on the grounds that he didn't serve.

McCain has no room to criticize anyone for not serving as he had EVERYTHING handed to him and he still dicked it up. Calling out anyone that didn't serve for medical reasons is weak as it leaves the opponent defenseless.

Cowards run from war (Clinton), rich kids find ways to avoid war if they are smart (Bush) and get captured if they are stupid (McCain), uber rich kids simple avoid the war all together (Trump). Some simply refuse to go and change their religion in protest and to avoid war(Ali).

I don't blame them. War sucks. Its being sweaty and dirty for months sometimes. Having sand in places you can't mention for weeks on end. Drinking warm water and eating cold food for a year. Getting shot at or (gods forbid) even shot. Having your vehicle blown up at random as you drive down the road. Seeing friends die or seeing them kill and knowing nobody is leaving the way they came. The horrors of combat cannot be explained in a single post. All that can be said is "no sane person wants to be there".

How then can we call a man a coward for finding a way out? He was simply not a fool.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Your accusations is what says it all so speak for yourself and shut the bleep out about other peoplea reply to: bgerbger

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Big fkn deal if he doged the war? Does that make him less qualified to be POTUS? maybe he had an insite on how senseless the Vietnam war was, maybe he didn't want to go be a pawn and kill innocent people? And don't come at me with " he should have to protect our freedom. " our freedom hasnt been in jeopardy from an outside source since the colonial period. It's all speculation anyhow. You don't know the circumstances behind it or what emotional battle he might have been fighting with reguard to it . He's The POTUS respect it !
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The draft was a terrible thing and I fully object to it ever being implemented again. many a reply to: 200Plus

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I assume Old Mrs Trump did not believe name calling was rude and low class. I'm of same generation as Trump and I was punished for name calling.

He has no empathy for the suffering of others. This Niger incident was a disaster because he doesn't know what he is doing.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
McCain should have also called out rich kids that got to go to flight school because their "rich daddy" was an admiral. Then got to pass flight school even though they couldn't fly because their daddy was an admiral. Then got to set an aircraft carrier on fire and get away with it because their daddy was an admiral. Then get shot down because they violated their flight orders and got captured and divulged American plans and troops movements earning the name "songbird".

"Hero" my ass.

Yes, I have served. Yes, I have seen combat (lots of it). Yes, I have seen heroes. They are few and far between.

Man Bush switftboating was strong as hell for people to still be repeating lies about the Forrestal fire to blame McCain. Its really makes any arguments you have seem even more shallow when you dont even know the facts.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

You were on the Forrestal that day?

An actual first hand account of what happened that day would be awesome, if you don't mind.

I only know people that served on the boat after the "incident" so have no first hand knowledge myself.

edit on 23-10-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

He's The POTUS respect it

Respect is earned. He might want to work on that point himself.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 200Plus

en.wikipedia.org...

Basic read up of events for you.

Video going through the break down of events and the investigation.

So please educate yourself before you repeat propaganda again.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

As is evident, to me at least, these Wars are being waged for control of oil and not to install democracy in regions of chaos, and I think a majority of people feel this way, so what would happen if everyone just stopped joining the military?

Eventually a draft would come into play I suspect but what would happen if everyone banded together and just flat out refused join the military?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I know I'll be hated but I totally agree. That Vietnam business was is disgusting. I would have run with my son to Canada to keep from being used by our stupid stupid government for a war we didn't need to be in. Kinda like now-Iran-Iraq-how dumb!

I so admire our military but hate our leadership-killing our own young men for profit! Not because they are protecting Americans. I hate it.

I knew several young guys in the 60s who died in Vietnam. I saw the bodies being brought off the planes on the news in the 60s. It made no sense.

I would have left this country as fast as I could have to save my son's life in the 60s. Draft dodgers-I'd be one of them.

The Korean War-my father was in it and suffered all his life as did many others in my family. For what?

We can't trust our "leaders" and probably shouldn't have for many decades. They will sell you out in a minute and you'll never know what for.

When did the wheels in this country fall off?

I'm usually a very patriotic person but our involvement outside our country and the sacrifice without meaning is too much for me. Rant over.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The man avoids the draft 5 times, and you all still come to his defense. The man is poison. Lets just switch it up and say it was Bill Clinton. I bet you all would be calling bloody murder! The sad thing is none of you can see that.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

maybe we should let the distant past lie and concentrate on what we have at the present?
on the one hand we have trump. is he still arguing with the widow of a fallen soldier? such a stupid senseless argument on both sides really. for trump, because well, you can never win if you are going against a gold star family in most american"s eyes, and for the press, since if what they are claiming is true and he was so incapable of consoling that gold star family, well, maybe it's better if he just leaves the families alone??

McCain on the other hand, has nothing at this point to win or lose really, does he? he's already announced that this will be his last term because, well, he's more than likely in the last years of his life. the fact that he is seeing the reality of mortality has freed him from any political ties he may have. a freedom he probably hasn't felt in a long time. trump can warn him and threaten him all he wants, but in reality, what can trump do? by pitting himself against a congressman that is fighting brain cancer, he is looking rather #ty to many voters!

sorry, as far as integrity goes, I think that McCain probably has more than any of the other polywogs in the political swamp at the moment!!

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We all know the military is so open and complete in releasing all the facts about negative events. lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join