It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain slams Americans who dodged Vietnam draft with 'bone spur' - That's you Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
John Mccain, has taken aim at Trump over his alleged draft dodging, with a reasonably savage attack on Trump.

www.foxnews.com...

Sen. John McCain appeared to take a swipe at President Trump in an interview that aired Sunday when he called out the “highest income” Americans at the time who found a doctor to say they had a “bone spur” so they could avoid the Vietnam draft.

“We drafted the lowest income level of America and the highest income level found a doctor that would say that they had a bone spur,” McCain said “That is wrong. That is wrong. If we are going to ask every American to serve, every American should serve.”

The New York Times reported last year that Trump received a total of five military deferments during the war. Four were for education and one—in 1968—was the bone spurs in his heels. During that time, the U.S. inducted about 300,000 men into the military.

Very convenient that wealthy Trump received so many deferments from the war, but so many others were called. Then for Trump to take potshots at McCain for being 'caught', all this from a draft-dodging liar is really rich.

“He was a war hero because he was captured,” Trump said during the campaign. “I like people who weren’t captured.”

Mealy mouthed words from someone too gutless to serve, and too gutless to be a true conscientious objector. The wannabee militarist is simply to hoaxer-in-chief.

+33 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbgerJohn Mc Cain is a fake war hero,he sold his buddy's out,he is worse then a draft dodger,and his real self is being exposed,he is a tool of the CIA,as well as having dementia

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Got any proof that Trump didn't have spurs in his heels .

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

You got any proof that he did?

www.nytimes.com...

Back in 1968, at the age of 22, Donald J. Trump seemed the picture of health.

He stood 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic build; had played football, tennis and squash; and was taking up golf. His medical history was unblemished, aside from a routine appendectomy when he was 10.

But after he graduated from college in the spring of 1968, making him eligible to be drafted and sent to Vietnam, he received a diagnosis that would change his path: bone spurs in his heels.

In an interview with The New York Times last month, Mr. Trump said the bone spurs had been “temporary” — a “minor” malady that had not had a meaningful impact on him. He said he had visited a doctor who provided him a letter for draft officials, who granted him the medical exemption. He could not remember the doctor’s name.

“I had a doctor that gave me a letter — a very strong letter on the heels,” Mr. Trump said in the interview.Asked to provide The Times with a copy of the letter, which he had obtained after his fourth student deferment, Mr. Trump said he would have to look for it. A spokeswoman later did not respond to repeated requests for copies of it.

edit on 23-10-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

He stood 6 feet 2 inches with an athletic build; had played football, tennis and squash; and was taking up golf.

I once finished a game of Aussie rules with a broken wrist . Didnt make my wrist any less unbroken .
edit on 23-10-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Quite a bit, bone spurs require an operation, trump never had an operation for bone spurs nor remembers when/how it miraculously cured itself.
He plays golf, you may have noticed, difficult with bone spurs, let alone the fact he tried and failed at tennis while dodging the draft.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Yep, true Aussie hero right here!

Aussie Rules, real footy without the sissy armor.

Lol

P

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Aussie Rules, real footy without the sissy armor.

Only need one hand to ruck . Coach ripped it up me a 3 quarter time for not trying to mark with 2 hands .

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I love how the war monger doofus John McCain has become a hero to the left. You guys sure know how to pick winners!

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
I love how the war monger doofus John McCain has become a hero to the left. You guys sure know how to pick winners!

And I love it how you Trumpeters always deflect off point.

McCain is no hero of mine, but he has the courage of his convictions unlike your Terroristic Man-Toddler who is a liar with 50 different positions on a topic, a coward, and quite possibly a rapist
edit on 23-10-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger

McCain is no hero of mine

Yet you all love to make threads whenever he says something bad about Trump.

but he has the courage of his convictions

Sounds like you look up to the guy.

unlike your Terroristic Man-Toddler who is a liar with 50 different positions on a topic, a coward, and quite possibly a rapist

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

McCain is no hero of mine

Yet you all love to make threads whenever he says something bad about Trump.

So no one should post anything that McCain says about Trump? off limits? does it trigger you? you seem triggered.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Yeah silly draft dodging spur people who can't keep up on a 500 mile hike through the jungle, they should have to be carried to the fight.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

I'd rather have a grudging respect for a politician who is consistent. If you like like aligning yourself to the d*ck-in-chief and will support him through whatever ridiculous contortions he makes, that basically says it all.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Wow! What a comeback! Who would have ever thought to call someone triggered?! So original man! I'll just leave the thread now that you've decimated me with that great big brain of yours.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It always cracks me up when people go on these draft dodger kicks.

How exactly was going to war in Vietnam a service to our country? Were they a threat to US security or freedom?

Did everyone forget the Gulf of Tonkin?

I've been active duty for over 16 years and I have no problem with anyone who was able to skip out on that sh!t show.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
McCain should have also called out rich kids that got to go to flight school because their "rich daddy" was an admiral. Then got to pass flight school even though they couldn't fly because their daddy was an admiral. Then got to set an aircraft carrier on fire and get away with it because their daddy was an admiral. Then get shot down because they violated their flight orders and got captured and divulged American plans and troops movements earning the name "songbird".

"Hero" my ass.

Yes, I have served. Yes, I have seen combat (lots of it). Yes, I have seen heroes. They are few and far between.
edit on 23-10-2017 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Taggart

Wow! What a comeback! Who would have ever thought to call someone triggered?! So original man! I'll just leave the thread now that you've decimated me with that great big brain of yours.

I agree.

I always find it amusing when someone criticises a 'comeback' with a worse come back

Maybe I should have posted a MEME that's original.
edit on 23/10/2017 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

a reply to: FauxMulder

I'd rather have a grudging respect for a politician who is consistent. If you like like aligning yourself to the d*ck-in-chief and will support him through whatever ridiculous contortions he makes, that basically says it all.

What are you , 8 years old ?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

John McCain is a great example of why we need term limits.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join