It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perth Telethon 2017

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I searched for it in case it had been posted, but saw nothing apart from a 2011 thread, and thought this surely should have a mention.

For 50 years my little ol' city of Perth, Western Australia has held an annual event raising donations for sick and disabled children. It runs for 24 hours, and over the years has showcased local, national and international talent, from the likes of Michael Jackson, Sammy Davis Jnr, even Kermit the frog. lol

I remember when they first started hitting over the $1 million raised mark around the mid 80's. But this past weekend, saw them raise a massive $36.4 million. The generosity of the people in this small capitol city, really out did itself.

I remember being a kid and sitting up for as long as possible watching the then, often quirky routines and displays, and I'm not sure if over the years I've just changed, or if they are so terribly bad, but it is all in good nature, and it really does give you hope that not everywhere is bad.

We may be the 'ass end of the planet' according to the likes of Jerry Seinfeld, but we sure know how to dig deep. And for us in Perth, we're often neglected by the eastern states, but we're still not jaded
we'll secede one day hehe

thewest.com.au...

Well done Sandgropers..

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Cane toad here, well done mate, that's a bloody good result.

we'll secede one day

Don't you blokes already have a mini-nation over there somewhere? Hutt River Province I think it's called?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat
a reply to: badw0lf

Cane toad here, well done mate, that's a bloody good result.

we'll secede one day

Don't you blokes already have a mini-nation over there somewhere? Hutt River Province I think it's called?

We do, but iirc according to the government and law, they're not recognised. I would be fairly confident that if they had any resources they would be pilfered and sent over east, as usual..

It'd be a nice start if they could just give us the weather with as much detail as they do for hobart, etc, we get a passing mention on the nightly news. lol.. I was actually streaming ch7 & 9 via their free to air streaming live services, but the geolocation database was wrong, and listed me as being in NSW. painful few months.. I don't have a real telly, so opted for that, much to my chagrin.

join